Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Circuit to tap in 2018 FiST for Fog Lamp DRL

I'd like to do wire my fogs as DRLs like D1JL did. I've gotten stuck through because my 2018's fuse box is quite a bit different than the directions he posted. I know this should be super-basic, but I feel like an electrical dummy and pretty intimidated by working on a new car (would feel very comfortable if this was my '65 beetle). Any ideas about what would circuit that comes on with ignition to turn on the relay would the least disruptive?

Below are the relevant pages from the 2018 manual. Have circuit tappers that fit the mini and micro 2 fuses (only ones I could find). Of those the ones that I think might work would be F22-25 (Powertrain control module, Camshaft position sensor & heated Oxygen sensor, Ignition coil, variable camshaft timing), or F42 (Powertrain Control Module, Transmission Control Module, Evap Canister Control Valve).
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 7.09.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 7.09.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 7.09.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 7.10.05 PM.png

What do you all think? Thanks!!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Based on the info provided above, I would use F22 PCM Fuse.
This is turned on when you turn on the ignition and off again with the ignition.
This will work just the same as I have mine wired.
Be sure to tap the hot side of this fuse to a separate fuse as I fuse tap does.
The only drawback is that sometimes the PCM delays in turning off.
I have this same issue.
However, it will turn off in less than 5 minutes.
The work around is to turn the ignition back on (don't start) and then off again.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Thank you!! I'll give that a shot, really appreciate the help.