Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dip Sticks

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
The one in the middle is the easiest to read (BM5G6750CA). The other two are more difficult to see.

I have both the middle and the one on the right and I actually prefer the one on the right. I dont find it much easier to read then the middle one its more like I paid for the one on the right so I’m going to use it.🤷🏻

Wow, I have the one in the middle and hate it. Is that the best Ford can do? What happened to the simple blade style?
agreed....My car came with that one and I hated trying to read it.....I'm using the cravenspeed one now and I feel like it's pretty easy to read. can't tell if it's overfilled tho very easily, just underfilled

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
😂 they all really do suck. Such an important part and all three are over engineered. I HATE the craven speed. It’s impossible to tell if it’s overfilled or really WTF is going on with that one. I change my oil a lot more than most so I’ve figured out exactly what’s needed each time but it would be nice to simply pull out the dipstick and easily see if the car is burning oil. It’s nearly impossible with all three. First company to make a blade gets my $39.99.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
😂 they all really do suck. Such an important part and all three are over engineered. I HATE the craven speed. It’s impossible to tell if it’s overfilled or really WTF is going on with that one. I change my oil a lot more than most so I’ve figured out exactly what’s needed each time but it would be nice to simply pull out the dipstick and easily see if the car is burning oil. It’s nearly impossible with all three. First company to make a blade gets my $39.99.
Ron (whoosh) to the rescue??? 🙏🏻

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Just to make this dipstick issue even more confusing, there is a TSB on the '13's through '16's that says the correct reading may be as much as 8 mm above the max mark. I'm going to attach a copy of it below.
I have the middle dipstick on my '16 and I can see the oil level fairly clearly, although there have definitely been better dipsticks on other cars that I have had.-
1682779969355.png

Last edited:
I tried by having Craven make one for the Fiesta but I have to agree it could be better
I'm looking into a blade style with black plastic handle now - basically an OEM+ replacement
please, if you do this, don’t do what my 1.5L fusion did and have a BLACK BLADE. Seriously, worst idea ever as you can’t see the oil level. They could’ve just kept it silver but NOOOOOO ford had to be ford…..

end rant

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
please, if you do this, don’t do what my 1.5L fusion did and have a BLACK BLADE. Seriously, worst idea ever as you can’t see the oil level. They could’ve just kept it silver but NOOOOOO ford had to be ford…..

end rant
That’s hilarious. I didn’t think it could get worse but black is definitely way worse. WTF?!!

I would LOVE something new in this area. The OEM dipstick on my ST was absolutely unreadable. Glad to hear I’m not alone in the Cravenspeed option being just alright. Feels like I can clean it, plunge it back in, and still end up with all holes filled every other time. Thought I was going crazy or just mismanaging my oil even. :/