Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E30 vs 93 reliability

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
@M-Sport fan

I don’t know a tune about adapt x, but I don’t consider that the safest tune and I think a lot of people would agree with me. When you are dealing specialty cars where there were very few made you gotta be careful with who tunes the car. tunes are very important. In the fists case it’s a direct injection open deck motor with an extremely complex ecu. And coolant slits in between the cylinders and a potential for overheating. Many tuners have said the ford ecu is one of the most complicated they have ever worked with and a lot of tuners won’t even touch them because if that.

now I’m not going to get started In a war with who’s the best or most reliable, tune+ And dizzy are the 2 biggest. I went with dizzy and can tell you this, been driving the car for 3 months and 4K miles and I’ve never once had a negative ignition correction. And I monitor my accessport every single time I drive.
If you don't know about it why talk about it. The adapt x tune is talked-about heavily on this site, and quite a few people actually do believe it is one of the most safe tunes. Why do you feel the need to give these explanations like your an expert on this car when you are not. Experience has value respect is earned not given.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
I’m not pretending to be an expert, I literally said I didn’t want to start a fight about who’s tune is best. All I said is that I don’t believe it’s the most safe. And that dizzys tune has never given me a negative correction, so while I can’t comment on adapt x, I can safe that his tune is safe for sure. i said I don’t know much about it, leaving room for someone who knows more about adapt x to come In and comment.

Attacking someone on the forum over a post doesn’t do anyone any good. If you disagree simply state the facts. I may be new to fists but I know enough about tuning to post. Max Morin and I just had a 30 minute conversation about tuning the fist and who should be used. (he actually heavily suggested freektune into the mix as well) So I’m just relaying what he said more or less along with my experience.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I’m not pretending to be an expert, I literally said I didn’t want to start a fight about who’s tune is best. All I said is that I don’t believe it’s the most safe. And that dizzys tune has never given me a negative correction, so while I can’t comment on adapt x, I can safe that his tune is safe for sure. i said I don’t know much about it, leaving room for someone who knows more about adapt x to come In and comment.

Attacking someone on the forum over a post doesn’t do anyone any good. If you disagree simply state the facts. I may be new to fists but I know enough about tuning to post. Max Morin and I just had a 30 minute conversation about tuning the fist and who should be used. (he actually heavily suggested freektune into the mix as well) So I’m just relaying what he said more or less along with my experience.
Dizzys is good no issues with him at all. Adapt X is more grown-up. Many rate it number one for stock turbo. That is coming from people who have had tunes from multiple tuners.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Dizzys is good no issues with him at all. Adapt X is more grown-up. Many rate it number one for stock turbo. That is coming from people who have had tunes from multiple tuners.
I have stratified, dizzy, and adapt-x

I used to throw the stratified on occasionally because it just feels wild, dizzy was a bit more relaxed, but since I got the adapt-x tune I really stopped flipping tunes all the time. The adapt-X is like "super stock" - it makes damned decent power but the throttle and other stuff feels more like a stock car. With both the dizzy and stratified, people driving my car have asked "this is tuned, right?" but with the adapt-x, the response is "wow this car is faster than I would have thought".

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have stratified, dizzy, and adapt-x

I used to throw the stratified on occasionally because it just feels wild, dizzy was a bit more relaxed, but since I got the adapt-x tune I really stopped flipping tunes all the time. The adapt-X is like "super stock" - it makes damned decent power but the throttle and other stuff feels more like a stock car. With both the dizzy and stratified, people driving my car have asked "this is tuned, right?" but with the adapt-x, the response is "wow this car is faster than I would have thought".
I plan on getting the adapt-x tune this year. It sounds more grown-up/ mature, and I don't need to burn my tires anymore than I already do.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Also, from what I understand, you can use 87 (with a reduction in power obviously) on the adapt-x tune. Not really a big deal for me but I can definitely see how it would help others, also I like having the safety margin.

Adapt-X + Dizzy E30 with low pops at 4000RPM is where I've settled. Plenty of times where I find a good reason for one or the other, different enough that the Fiesta feels different in a good way when you swap, and the reliability between them has been stellar. Have interacted with support post-purchase a few times for the both of them and it's been quick and easy.

The throttle mapping in the Adapt-X tune is pretty fun. It biases the gains towards WOT and you can see ignition corrections climb until you let off or it detects something to back it off. In their description they explain that this uses factory octane learning to keep things safe AND realistically adapt to your mods dynamically which sounds great. Seems to hold true from my perspective as well. A lot of tunes have an interesting curve applied to the throttle which feels really fun and responsive, and I actually like that smaller pedal input leads to bigger changes in a lot of driving situations. BUT, that's what makes the Adapt-X a fun and different feeling swap in that regard.

Seems like you go Adapt-X and your choice of hectic, ethanol blend, or otherwise "fun" tune and you're all set.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also, from what I understand, you can use 87 (with a reduction in power obviously) on the adapt-x tune. Not really a big deal for me but I can definitely see how it would help others, also I like having the safety margin.
...or must travel to outside of their given areas where 93/94, or E85 just do not exist. [wink]