Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Electrical help for a NOOB

Mellojeff

Greetings!!

I am going to attempt an install of a remote starter for my Fiesta. I know that there's an issue with having a keyless entry so any thoughts or workarounds for that would be great. I am not crazy about leaving a FOB in the car but will if I have to. I am physically limited so I may have to make some concessions.

If anyone has any schematic of the ignition harness, I'd appreciate it.

Second, I have been looking for a replacement switch for the front hood latch assembly. This switch went bad from being driven with the hood not fully latched, I'm assuming too much moisture killed it. I'm not having much luck just buying the switch. It's a simple micro switch, but as most automotive builders are doing, it's shape is unique and proprietary. So far, the only way to fix it is to buy the whole latch assembly for around $70 for the sake of a $2 switch. Yes, I'm currently looking at junk yards but even they don't want to "part it out".

Thanks for your time in advance.

Not sure which wiring diagram you're looking for, here's the starter-side circuit and ignition switch side circuit. Assuming you have an ST, you're on your own. If you have an auto, I think Ford still sells a remote start system.
start_circuit.PNG
ign_sw_curcuit.PNG

OP
M

Mellojeff

Thread Starter #3
I should have included that it's an automatic.
I purchased a Carvoxx X6-B and I was told that it would work with the car model. I am hoping that it will be compatible with the pushbutton start as I have been told.

Time will tell.

Thanks for the schematics, just what I need.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Folks with manual shifts will run into this.

For a previous vehicle, the transmission had a neutral position switch which functioned as a sensor. As a matter of safety, the ECU would assume that the transmission was in-gear, if the switch were disconnected.

Assuming there is such a sensor for our transmissions, your remote start will need to tie into it.

That said, e-brakes a.k.a. parking brakes alone, are not reliable enough to be the only thing holding the vehicle in place. If you trust that someone won't fiddle with it, use a wheel chock as a secondary "mechanism" for holding the vehicle in place, when keeping the transmission in neutral for the purpose of using remote start.