Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ok thanks for clarifying. Is the reason I will not hear it as much because the air intake itself is much noisier and muffles the sound of the symposer or another reason?
That would be a very good assumption as I do not have you set up it is only my assumption though ;)

Installed this last night. Absolutely love it. The sound is outstanding. I love how much you can hear the turbo spooling.
I have one complaint and that would be that when you are at slight throttle while cruising and aren't listening to music, you can hear the air being sucked in. It isn't enough for me to hate it because I love the noise in general, but for those who want a quieter car then this isn't your intake.

This combined with the exhaust and BOV adapter make for a pretty loud but exciting experience every time I drive the car. If the car tempts you to play already, this is really gonna push you.

MOFiST

Installed this last night. Absolutely love it. The sound is outstanding. I love how much you can hear the turbo spooling.
I have one complaint and that would be that when you are at slight throttle while cruising and aren't listening to music, you can hear the air being sucked in. It isn't enough for me to hate it because I love the noise in general, but for those who want a quieter car then this isn't your intake.

This combined with the exhaust and BOV adapter make for a pretty loud but exciting experience every time I drive the car. If the car tempts you to play already, this is really gonna push you.
Can you here a difference of sound over your Boomba BOV? I saw the gopro video you put out. Man that thing sounds like a whip cracking. Any static from the five O?
Also have you still got your symposer installed?

The BOV adapter sounds the exact same due to it being on the opposite end of the turbo(?)
I get no flak from the police. Here in TN there isn't much that is against the law aside from my underglow and maybe a catless DP.
I do still have my Sound symposer installed. I am on the fence on removing it. I love the noise but at the same time I want as much "umph" from the engine as I can get (while still looking cool) and people report increase pep from the engine Via butt dyno.

I will probably order the symposer delete kit and keep it on hand just in case. If I end up never using it then oh darn, I blew $20 to $40 (depending on which one I choose).

I'll probably do another video.

I will say this, if you put your windows down...my good lord. By the Emperor, this thing sounds like it's gonna slap the shit outta someone before it takes off.
Actually, that did happen on the way home today. The car basically bitchslapped someone in the ego when I took off and they were left pretty far behind. (he started it)

MOFiST

The BOV adapter sounds the exact same due to it being on the opposite end of the turbo(?)
I get no flak from the police. Here in TN there isn't much that is against the law aside from my underglow and maybe a catless DP.
I do still have my Sound symposer installed. I am on the fence on removing it. I love the noise but at the same time I want as much "umph" from the engine as I can get (while still looking cool) and people report increase pep from the engine Via butt dyno.

I will probably order the symposer delete kit and keep it on hand just in case. If I end up never using it then oh darn, I blew $20 to $40 (depending on which one I choose).

I'll probably do another video.

I will say this, if you put your windows down...my good lord. By the Emperor, this thing sounds like it's gonna slap the shit outta someone before it takes off.
Actually, that did happen on the way home today. The car basically bitchslapped someone in the ego when I took off and they were left pretty far behind. (he started it)
Tennessee sounds like my sort of place [like]

I bet there's some great driving roads there and plus the outdoor spots look epic. One day...

iso100

1000 Post Club
Deleting your symposer will have no effect on performance.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. Thursday is the big day for me, I install both the BOV adaptor and CAI at the same time. I'll make some video for sure. My engine still have 500KM to go before getting to the recommended break in period, so I'll try to get there before Thursday hehe!

Glad to hear everyone is liking the injen intake since I just ordered mine in wrinkle black. Still on the fence about the BOV adapter though. All the videos I have seen just makes it seem like too much for me. Wish there was video of normal driving with it.

the duke

does the Mountune airbox make the turbo louder at all? I have a Green filter and it was a little better, but I don't want to pay the money to keep the warranty if it doesn't sound louder.

My STi with a short-ram was a damn bus when it was spooling.

My dealer (I'm in Canada) confirmed to me that changing the intake doesn't do anything to the warranty. I don't know if it's the same in US, but I doubt this would void it there as well...

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #533
I have the intake and the difference is unnoticeable.

does the Mountune airbox make the turbo louder at all? I have a Green filter and it was a little better, but I don't want to pay the money to keep the warranty if it doesn't sound louder.

My STi with a short-ram was a damn bus when it was spooling.

Just installed my injen intake. Absolutely love the sound of it. Really straight forward install. Took less than an hour to do in a driveway.

My dealer (I'm in Canada) confirmed to me that changing the intake doesn't do anything to the warranty. I don't know if it's the same in US, but I doubt this would void it there as well...
In the US, we have a law that states any dealership must prove that an aftermarket accessory directly caused damage with regards to warranty work. Like if you get a CAI and then your differential goes out, they have to prove the CAI is the cause.

has anyone added an aftermarket inlet pipe to the factory airbox. For instance, connecting something like the AEM or FS Werks inlet pipe to the factory box. Just curious if it will fit.

I know, odd question.

Chris G

Any feedback on the Mountune intake with the inlet pipe? It uses factory piping still but the gains seem to be similar to any other intake. Seems like it could be the way to go for those looking to stay OEM looking?