Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
i think you're backwards. if its standing upright the base must be 5in and the top or pointy end is 2in and its 6in long
LOL... depends ones point of view I suppose...but specificially...yes...the "base" which I referred to as the "top" is 5" dia...

hope that clarifies further....good luck

Mountune cold air intake question.
Hey guys, could anyone clear up for me if a combination of the mountune cold air intake kit
http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Induction-Upgrade-Kit-Fiesta-ST-2014-p/2364-cais-aa.htm
and the mountune accessport, will give the same results as the MP215 kit, just without the warranty approval (and the need for dealer install?)

I'm not too bothered about the warranty (feel pretty confident with a mountune tune) and don't want the dealer messing with my car, but not sure if i'd get similar results to the MP215 kit. Obviously the air intake kit+mountune accessport are cheaper than the the MP215 kit too.

Thanks a lot
Jon

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yes. You actually get more tunes with that combination as the MP215 access port is a single tune and cannot be reverted back to stock. The extra cost is the warranty approval, Mountune branded Cobb AC3 AND the Mountune emblem.

How do you guys feel about the products such as the Mountune induction pipe? Anyone with some logs, or data in general to back them up? I'm running 100% stock, non modified intake, but wouldn't mind stopping the money for a decent intake if there's actually something to back it. I'm going pro tune soon, and would like to get my mods squared away beforehand.

iso100

1000 Post Club
How do you guys feel about the products such as the Mountune induction pipe? Anyone with some logs, or data in general to back them up? I'm running 100% stock, non modified intake, but wouldn't mind stopping the money for a decent intake if there's actually something to back it. I'm going pro tune soon, and would like to get my mods squared away beforehand.
I had a Mountune-style (JS Peformance) silicone intake hose and a K&N in the stock box.

My before/after dyno when installing the CP-E still showed a 16ft/lb and 6hp gain at the wheels after installing their intake. So there are definite gains to be made by opening up the entire intake path AND ensuring it gets cold air.

I had a Mountune-style (JS Peformance) silicone intake hose and a K&N in the stock box.

My before/after dyno when installing the CP-E still showed a 16ft/lb and 6hp gain at the wheels after installing their intake. So there are definite gains to be made by opening up the entire intake path AND ensuring it gets cold air.
These gains were with the CP-E intake or the induction hose and K&N filter?

I asked about it before it would be alot of testing to have every gain with each intake I think Cobb's is probably the best

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'll be going from the FSWERKS Cool-Flo CAI to the CP-E next week. I'm guessing I'll see some gains too!!
I think you will. Other than Mountune and Cobb, all the other Fiesta intakes suck hot engine air.

I think you will. Other than Mountune and Cobb, all the other Fiesta intakes suck hot engine air.
This is very true, mine at stop lights get wayyyyy too hot. Going to seal it off better soon. This is the injen intake today.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I asked about it before it would be alot of testing to have every gain with each intake I think Cobb's is probably the best
I have a Cobb intake new in the box. I am currently doing some R&D on the existing Cobb system and have definitively found ways to improve it. It involves using a bigger box and a larger filter. The Cobb conical filter is very small. Doing the math on the filtering area, I'm having trouble believing that it has more surface area than the drop-in filter. It doesn't help that the transitionary area (mouth of the filter) does not have a smooth transition from filter element into the plastic tubing (it has a pretty pronounced sharp lip), there is a thick "edge" on the inlet of the piping as well and it also uses a "reducer" before the turbo. Not exactly optimal. I wish I still had access to a flow bench, I'd love to put all these different intakes to the test. [wink]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'll be going from the FSWERKS Cool-Flo CAI to the CP-E next week. I'm guessing I'll see some gains too!!
Maybe, if you drive in substantial traffic. If not, I don't think you will gain much *if* you are running an efficient intercooler. Yes, you will lose a bit of power sitting in traffic due to heat soak, but regular driving I am not seeing much difference between ambient, intake air temps and charge temps when moving, even at lower speeds. The Cobb IC does a fine job in keeping charge temps significantly lower than IATs. I have no doubt a completely shrouded and isolated filter is going to have better throttle response on hot days. Peak or area under the curve, not so much. [:)]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
FWIW, I removed the heat shield that comes with the FSWERKs intake and according to my AccessPort, IATs and charge temps went up significantly, even though the shield looks like it's blocking fresh air from under the car and nothing else. lol. Once moving though it made almost no difference. I ran it both ways and it runs better with it in place. But that was before I went stage 3 (and using Cobbs IC).

FistSt215

This is very true, mine at stop lights get wayyyyy too hot. Going to seal it off better soon. This is the injen intake today.

I have the injen intake as well and also noticed the heat soaked in really hot days. You're talking about sluggish . I'm like wow I really loss some power .