Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta STs spotted in NC!

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
I'm so jealous. No joke, if I'd have known about this with a week's notice or more, I would have loved to attend as well. I'm banned from facebook so I never hear about car meets.

What tires are y'all running? I've always done a high-performance all-season tire because it does get cold and snow some here but nothing like up north. I dont see the need for a dedicated summer/winter set up for us. I was thinking of Contenintal extremecontact dws in 205/45/r17.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
What tires are y'all running? I've always done a high-performance all-season tire because it does get cold and snow some here but nothing like up north. I dont see the need for a dedicated summer/winter set up for us. I was thinking of Contenintal extremecontact dws in 205/45/r17.
I'm running Yokohama Advan Fleva V701's in the OEM 205/40-17 size. I've been happy with them, the turn-in is good, and the ultimate grip is good.
I agree, I haven't felt the need for a separate summer/winter setup because it doesn't snow much here, so I have chosen to use a summer tire because I want better handling than an all-season provides, but not an extreme summer tire so that it will be more usable in cold temperatures.
I'm retired so the few times that it does snow I can just stay off the road for a couple days, because I know that my summer tires can't deal with snow.

I'm running Yokohama Advan Fleva V701's in the OEM 205/40-17 size. I've been happy with them, the turn-in is good, and the ultimate grip is good.
I agree, I haven't felt the need for a separate summer/winter setup because it doesn't snow much here, so I have chosen to use a summer tire because I want better handling than an all-season provides, but not an extreme summer tire so that it will be more usable in cold temperatures.
I'm retired so the few times that it does snow I can just stay off the road for a couple days, because I know that my summer tires can't deal with snow.
The FiST is my fun car so if it does snow then my Forester is going to be what I drive. That said, even in 34 degree weather I want to be able to drive the ST without issues of grip--though I'm not sure how hard I'd be pushing the car for spirited drives. I have not considered a non extreme summer tire.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The FiST is my fun car so if it does snow then my Forester is going to be what I drive. That said, even in 34 degree weather I want to be able to drive the ST without issues of grip--though I'm not sure how hard I'd be pushing the car for spirited drives. I have not considered a non extreme summer tire.
A non extreme summer tire is the way I split the difference between a winter or all season tire and a hardcore all out summer performance tire and get a tire that I can run all year round. That maintains the quick and agile handling that for me is the best asset of this fun car. I don't want to use all season tires because that would be taking too much away from the quick handling and turn in for me.
As I said, I stay off the road the very few times it snows, and if it gets colder than about 40 or 45° I drive it gently.
I thought a lot about this and this is what works for me.

Last edited:
OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #107
I’m running continental DWS06 extreme contacts. I wanted something that would handle cold and rainy conditions and also perform well in the dry. I’m a huge fan of the DWS06s so far.
I also happen to have a set of snow tires that I’ve used once in the snow lol. I got them as gravel tires, as you pointed out, having a dedicated snow tire in NC is definitely not necessary.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Don’t run 615k+ if you want to drive it below 45 degrees or so. Gets a bit sketchy. They also don’t really like standing water, but the dry grip and usability for the occasional track day are worth it for me who drives 2500 miles/year in this car.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Seen today. Dark grey FIST southbound on I-5 between Burbank and Los Feliz around 1235hrswaved and the driver acknowledged. Another followed me up the 2 Fwy to exit at Glendale Blvd and continued down Silverlake Blvd. That was a Spice, I think it was a female driver. Two in a 10 minute period!

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #118
Could've been me! :unsure:
Interesting, I saw the FiST at 4:20 right where Lynn road meets glenwood.
I also saw two other black fiesta STs today on I-40, one near Morganton and the other near Durham