Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

I switched the camera portion of this system:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VFE22EC/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2_w

to this backup camera (Also Amazon)

Esky EC170-08 Waterproof Night Vision HD CMOS 170°Viewing Field Car Rear View Backup Camera

I like it so far. The narrow field of view on the original system doesn't work for me.

Also some cold weather issues that are likely related to the (original) camera. (Didn't work if less than 50 degrees outside temp...) Will let you know about the new camera. Installed it today but may not get cold again here in Texas for a while (90 degrees today).

Monitor (mirror) is a close fit for the FiST, but it works.

Love the hybrid (mixed) system so far.

--Ernie
How was that camera, I’m just real leery about buying that real cheap stuff off of eBay not saying it’s cheaply made but as cheap as it is monetarily I worry about it. So how how was yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone recently installed a backup camera on a 14' FiST? I'm looking into it but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg. Any specific camera recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

Well, whatever the reason. there are a few options to try without fear of bricking your system (as long as that is the only thing you change). Just as precaution I did all this while the car was running. I have kids running around and once they see me they will open the doors and climb in. I didn't want to do this in accessory mode and have the car for whatever reason, shut off in the middle of writing to the system if they opened the door or the car automatically shuts off. Once you change the number and click write in FORscan your sync will reset. After it is booted up put it in reverse. It will take a second as it searches for your camera. If no camera is detected will will come up with that screen. if after a few seconds nothing comes up go back into FORscan. Both carguy and I, when it didn't work the first time, put it back to the default values and reset the system before trying another value. I would recommend doing FORscan first. It would make it easier to trouble shoot if, for whatever reason the camera doesn't work.
Hello all, I have a quick question, I’ve installed a 17 f250 third brake light w/ the camera on my 15 f350 dually. Can I tap into my reverse camera to make that work. If so, I plan on installing a relay to turn it on when I need to see the bed of my truck. I would greatly appreciate some good feedback or maybe some brainstorming. Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys! Do anyone know if this chinese full rear sensors work with the camera mod? Also the camera needs to be 720p? Or any specific resolution?

Do you have the link to this thing? I have a hard time seeing out the back because my dirt road keeps the windows filthy. I'd love to have the sensors.

Anyone recently installed a backup camera on a 14' FiST? I'm looking into it but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg. Any specific camera recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!
Dude, just read the thread from the beginning, it tells you everything you need to know to install it for the price of a cheap back up camera and a OBDII adapter. Both can be acquired for under $50 if you get the least expensive versions. Then it's up to you to install it, which is time consuming but doable.

gpomp

FYI, there is a big difference in image quality between different sellers. In the images below my car is parked in the same spot but as you can see the image from the lower camera is much better. The top camera was from amazon and the bottom was from AliExpress. Make sure to get one with a 170 degree lens.
272A763D-9AB9-4995-94A7-C7497B0CC338.jpeg

Rebel69

Thank you,

These two marked in the photo correct? Also does anyone know the part number for those small plastic clips of doom (I lost 3 in the bowels of my dash)?

Hi Guys can anyone tell me where i find this plug?
Looked behind radio where i thought it would be but nothing. Have a 2013 titanium. Cameras fitted just need programming and cable connected. Thanks
I have a uk spec if thats different :)