Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

I switched the camera portion of this system:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VFE22EC/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_2_w

to this backup camera (Also Amazon)

Esky EC170-08 Waterproof Night Vision HD CMOS 170°Viewing Field Car Rear View Backup Camera

I like it so far. The narrow field of view on the original system doesn't work for me.

Also some cold weather issues that are likely related to the (original) camera. (Didn't work if less than 50 degrees outside temp...) Will let you know about the new camera. Installed it today but may not get cold again here in Texas for a while (90 degrees today).

Monitor (mirror) is a close fit for the FiST, but it works.

Love the hybrid (mixed) system so far.

--Ernie
How was that camera, I’m just real leery about buying that real cheap stuff off of eBay not saying it’s cheaply made but as cheap as it is monetarily I worry about it. So how how was yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone recently installed a backup camera on a 14' FiST? I'm looking into it but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg. Any specific camera recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

Guys! Do anyone know if this chinese full rear sensors work with the camera mod? Also the camera needs to be 720p? Or any specific resolution?

I used 332626937827 from eBay & run wires to behind head unit & have not had no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brbauer2

All this mod is doing is telling the car to look for a video signal when in reverse.

The backup sensors on that unit will signal the included little speaker, so should work as intended.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Well, whatever the reason. there are a few options to try without fear of bricking your system (as long as that is the only thing you change). Just as precaution I did all this while the car was running. I have kids running around and once they see me they will open the doors and climb in. I didn't want to do this in accessory mode and have the car for whatever reason, shut off in the middle of writing to the system if they opened the door or the car automatically shuts off. Once you change the number and click write in FORscan your sync will reset. After it is booted up put it in reverse. It will take a second as it searches for your camera. If no camera is detected will will come up with that screen. if after a few seconds nothing comes up go back into FORscan. Both carguy and I, when it didn't work the first time, put it back to the default values and reset the system before trying another value. I would recommend doing FORscan first. It would make it easier to trouble shoot if, for whatever reason the camera doesn't work.
Hello all, I have a quick question, I’ve installed a 17 f250 third brake light w/ the camera on my 15 f350 dually. Can I tap into my reverse camera to make that work. If so, I plan on installing a relay to turn it on when I need to see the bed of my truck. I would greatly appreciate some good feedback or maybe some brainstorming. Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guys! Do anyone know if this chinese full rear sensors work with the camera mod? Also the camera needs to be 720p? Or any specific resolution?

Do you have the link to this thing? I have a hard time seeing out the back because my dirt road keeps the windows filthy. I'd love to have the sensors.

Just put mine in yesterday IMG_4695.jpg IMG_4706.jpg

Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Anyone recently installed a backup camera on a 14' FiST? I'm looking into it but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg. Any specific camera recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!
Dude, just read the thread from the beginning, it tells you everything you need to know to install it for the price of a cheap back up camera and a OBDII adapter. Both can be acquired for under $50 if you get the least expensive versions. Then it's up to you to install it, which is time consuming but doable.

FYI, there is a big difference in image quality between different sellers. In the images below my car is parked in the same spot but as you can see the image from the lower camera is much better. The top camera was from amazon and the bottom was from AliExpress. Make sure to get one with a 170 degree lens.
272A763D-9AB9-4995-94A7-C7497B0CC338.jpeg

Rebel69

Thank you,

These two marked in the photo correct? Also does anyone know the part number for those small plastic clips of doom (I lost 3 in the bowels of my dash)?

Hi Guys can anyone tell me where i find this plug?
Looked behind radio where i thought it would be but nothing. Have a 2013 titanium. Cameras fitted just need programming and cable connected. Thanks
I have a uk spec if thats different :)

Hello to all, I am new to this forum and would like to thank everyone for the information thus far. I have a 2016 platinum white st, and will be doing the camera install. I am extrememly OCD when it comes to wires so i have decided to take another route. My family owns and operated a body shop so I sought out to find a salvaged hatch from a titanium model. I found one for $250, which is more that most have spent here so far. But not the 500+ it would cost to buy everything new from ford. I will be using all of the factory equiptment and harness from the titanium model. I also plan on finding out which pins in the hatch harness are power and signal for the camera. And to find out if the wires are already present in the harness for the camera on both the head unit side and the hatch side. What i've noticed in the past from working in the body shop, most electrical harness are the same, what is usually different is control modules and components. The unsued wires are typically folded back and taped up. I will update everyone soon.

Have all parts to start work but I believe the female dupont connectors i have that go in the rear of APIM are too small... anyone know what gauge for these might be? I couldn't find anything on the thread about these other than connectors

Edit: So the computer connectors work but would definitely recommend the mouser ones since they are bigger. I totally missed that the first time around. I'm I swapped the pins I had before but I am still getting crappy feed, the only part I have to replaced is the rca coming from the camera itself.... did anyone else have this issue? I'm probably going to buy another camera? Idnappreviate any input! Thanks!

Last edited:
What is the polarity of the RCA connector coming from the camera. I see black, yellow and Pink? Cut the end of one side. So not sure.

What is the polarity of the RCA connector coming from the camera. I see black, yellow and Pink? Cut the end of one side. So not sure.

If I recall correctly, yellow is your video feed that you must route to the front of the car onto the APIM, the red if I am not mistaken I only used to get power from reverse light so it only turns on when in reverse... i used another wire to solder that after I routed it it through the hatch door. The black I can't remember exactly but I belive it connects to back of APIM as well. Not sure what your set up is like but if you cut both ends it shouldn't really matter the color as long as you know what each is connected to.

If I recall correctly, yellow is your video feed that you must route to the front of the car onto the APIM, the red if I am not mistaken I only used to get power from reverse light so it only turns on when in reverse... i used another wire to solder that after I routed it it through the hatch door. The black I can't remember exactly but I belive it connects to back of APIM as well. Not sure what your set up is like but if you cut both ends it shouldn't really matter the color as long as you know what each is connected to.
Thanks, yeah, I didn't cut the end where it plugs into the camera, just connected it using the rca, just cut the end that goes into the back of the APIM, I did use the power from reverse light, then also used a ground in the hatch. so then I guess the pink from the connector will not be used?

Thanks, yeah, I didn't cut the end where it plugs into the camera, just connected it using the rca, just cut the end that goes into the back of the APIM, I did use the power from reverse light, then also used a ground in the hatch. so then I guess the pink from the connector will not be used?
So what i did was cut the wire about 1/4 of the way from the trunk that way i was able to wire the camera to the reverse light to get power,I kept the RCA to make the connection easy, then i soldered both red wires and grounded the black one. (Not sure if your colors are the same) but on the apim side i just ignored the red wire since it wasent connected to anything.after i cut 1/4 from the trunk i soldered the vid feed(yellow) and return feed (green/black) back to the wire i routed through the hatch. Does that make sense? Also by any chamce do you have the screws that secures the plastic trim on the hatch... seems like i lost mine.....i would just need a picture and maybe size so i can get replacements. Thanks!

Last edited: