Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Introducing Myself - Houston, TX

Proud new owner of a Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST. I had to special order the car due to options and colors. The only option I wanted was navigation, the rest I was uninterested in spending money on. First car note is due in 6 days and I've already bought an Injen Cold Air Intake (model SP9016 in wrinkle black). I strongly urge anyone interested in it to wait until version 2. The entire installation was a nightmare, so much so I had to contact Injen to voice my displeasure. Picked the car up on a Friday night and Saturday morning I was getting the windows tinted. I bought some Motegi MR118 wheels sight unseen and I like them. Too bad the brake dust changes them from black to brown. I guess once the shoes and rotor acclimate with each other all will be well. Today I went and had a JL Audio JX500/1D amp and Kenwood Excelon 10" sub installed. I'm still debating on getting the MagnaFlow 15311 kit. I don't want my car to be obnoxious and sound like a pissed off weedeater so feedback on that front would be welcome. My car is my office 4 days a week since I'm in outside sales so I want it to have everything I feel I need, including my Springfield XDS 45 in the center console along with my old school 80GB iPod Classic. I'm sure that this is a welcoming community and I hope to be a part of it. Signing off for now. See you soon.

IMG_1584 copy.jpg

IMG_1585 copy.jpg

IMG_1587 copy.jpg

IMG_1588 copy.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome to the forum. The Motegi MR118 looks great.

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #3
I do like the white color. If I could go back I probably would've ordered white. You live in a hot area so you know how black bakes in the sun. Thanks for the welcome.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Welcome to the forum! Car looks sick. Did you buy from Joe Myers or Machaik? I used to live in Jersey Villiage :)

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #6
Congrats and welcome..how does that sub box sound?
Sounds ok right now. It should sound better as the cone breaks in and I push the bass level up. I have to keep in mind I'm coming from 2 10"s in a custom box and a bigger amp.

Welcome to the forum! Car looks sick. Did you buy from Joe Myers or Machaik? I used to live in Jersey Villiage :)
Nope, I ordered it from Baytown Ford. They gave me the best price believe it or not. My work territory stretches from Sealy to College Station to just west of the Woodlands. I spend a lot of time in Jersey Village so I know the area fairly well. If I were to move to another city it would be San Antonio and I used to travel for my previous job. Thanks for the comments, nice Vette BTW.

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #10
Thank you for the kind words. I know I do like the fact that this car has such a small niche that I never see it on the road. I was thinking about going Honda Fit when looking at cars and ran across this car on accident. Since I've been on the road I have seen a total of 4 Fiesta STs on the road. I had one riding my ****** the other day, orange one. If I had gone with the Fit it would be no power and seen everywhere. Car needs a bath but it's been raining off an on all week in Houston. Figures at soon as I go to take the picture the sun comes barreling out. It's been raining off and on all day.

20140601_141705 copy.jpg

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #12
Nice. Problem with me is I have no woodworking/electrical skills so I have to rely on others for that regard. I did originally tell the guys at the shop I wanted it mounted under that door as well. I might try messing with it later but for right now it's alright.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I do like the white color. If I could go back I probably would've ordered white. You live in a hot area so you know how black bakes in the sun. Thanks for the welcome.
lol I actually wanted Black then Silver and White was my Third Choice. You're right I'm glad I ended up with White because how hot it gets out here.

FocusMike

Major_A, are you going to the Ecoboost Challenge at the Reliant center this weekend?

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #15
Didn't plan on it, seeing as we already have an EcoBoost. From what I heard it's only going to be an Edge, Fusion and a pickup I think. If they had and let us drive the 2015 EcoBoost Mustang I'd be more interested. But since they only let media ride in the car last month I'd say that isn't going to happen. If you go let the rest of us know how it was.

Welcome! I?m another proud owner of a tuxedo black FiST! Those wheels look great! Congrats!

OP
Major_A
Thread Starter #19
Thanks again. I received my FiestaSTForum stickers in the mail yesterday. The car needs a bath before I can figure out where to put them. The sub sounds better now that the cone has broken in a bit. I decided to see if I could finagle the box to fit under the false door. To my shock it worked. Then I got in to see what it sounded like and the sound went from 1 10" speaker to 2 10" speakers. I guess the false door is acting as another box because it made a huge difference. I was out doing cold calls yesterday and a UPS driver told me nice car. I stopped by a dealership today to ask about nav updates and why my clutch pedal squeaks and feels gritty. I took him for a quick ride and he was laughing at the turbo noise. Dropped him off and he said the car looked nice "all murdered out". Can't say I've ever heard that term before.

Quick question: Have people tried to race you? I've had the car for two months and not one person has messed with me. I figured some kid in his V6 Mustang would've by now but nope.

@Ian Carlo
What are those wheels? I see you painted the brake calipers red. I have been debating doing that myself. Do you have a larger image of the car from the side? Good to see what it would look like on "my" car.

Izzy

I'm in the Houston (Cypress) area as well. I've had my own black FiST for almost a month now. All options minus Navi...I bought it used with only 2200 miles on it...wish there was a way I could install Navi and get rid of that annoying compass. Still, enjoying it quite a bit.