Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MP215 - Impressions, Feedback, and Questions

caliboy15

I'm about to pull the trigger on MP215 but I want to hear some opinions

should I do it? or get the Cobb stage 2?

I'm about to pull the trigger on MP215 but I want to hear some opinions

should I do it? or get the Cobb stage 2?
It's a nice upgrade. And you will get access to the MR tunes once they are released. And if it's installed by Ford you keep the warranty and that's a plus. But if you are not concerned with warranty you can get the Cobb AP and the Cobb intake for about the same as the mp215

Chuckable

Mountune has a dyno graph up on their website. I've got the MP215 kit, and it's definitely an upgrade over stock. It's not going to blow your mind, but it'll definitely put a smile on your face. If keeping that new car warranty is at all important to you, then Mountune is the only way to go.

OP
C

caliboy15

Thread Starter #6
^^ Thanks! in order to keep the warranty it needs to be installed by a Ford dealer right? how much did you pay for install?

A slight technical correction. The warranty information can be found here: http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

As I read this (disclaimer: I was a lawyer in a former life), the Mountune parts come with their own 3/36 warranty, which starts to run from the start date of the new vehicle warranty, in other words from when the car was 1st purchased. So after 3 years or 36k miles from when you 1st bought the car, it's done, no matter when you had it installed.

Mountune also states that the warranty works "in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

OK, great so far. Except that under M/M, aftermarket parts can't "void" a warranty, just problems that can be shown to have been caused by the aftermarket parts in action. Mountune/Ford states further, "Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty." Again, nothing more than M/M already provides.

So on to what they do provide:

Ford Racing and mountune LLC performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Racing and mountune performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Racing and mountune performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Racing or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Racing Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

Bottom line: if you have Mountune mods, 3/36 from initial purchase you're good; after that, you're good luck.

So I think it is a bit misleading for Mountune and Ford to call the MP215 "warranty friendly" any more than a Cobb CAI and AP are warranty friendly. What they really should say is that Mountune parts labeled "warranty friendly" carry their own limited warranty only when installed by a Ford dealer, and that warranty is limited to the sooner of 3 years or 36k miles from when the car first was purchased.

This is not a slam against Mountune (I have a short-shift and FMIC), just an attempt to bring some "actuality" to the phrase "warranty friendly."

OP
C

caliboy15

Thread Starter #8
A slight technical correction. The warranty information can be found here: http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

As I read this (disclaimer: I was a lawyer in a former life), the Mountune parts come with their own 3/36 warranty, which starts to run from the start date of the new vehicle warranty, in other words from when the car was 1st purchased. So after 3 years or 36k miles from when you 1st bought the car, it's done, no matter when you had it installed.

Mountune also states that the warranty works "in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

OK, great so far. Except that under M/M, aftermarket parts can't "void" a warranty, just problems that can be shown to have been caused by the aftermarket parts in action. They state further, "Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty." Again, nothing more than M/M already provides.

Ford Racing and mountune LLC performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Racing and mountune performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Racing and mountune performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Racing or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Racing Limited Warranty applies
to the repairs.

So I think it is a but misleading for Mountune and Ford to call the MP215 "warranty friendly" any more than a Cobb CAI and AP are warranty friendly. What they really should say is that Mountune parts labeled "warranty friendly" carry their own limited warranty when installed by a Ford dealer, and that warranty is limited to the sooner of 3 years or 36k miles from when the car first was purchased.

This is not an slam against Mountune (I have a short-shift and FMIC), just an attempt to bring some "actuality" to the phrase "warranty friendly."

Yeah, wow that's a good clarification. if that's the case I'll have to think about getting Cobb stage 2 then

If you do go with the mp215 kit you can get it installed at mountune in fountain Valley. They won't charge for installing the base kit if you get it from them and they will register the install with ford for warranty

OP
C

caliboy15

Thread Starter #11
Thanks! but I got offer from a forum vendor $1082.40 shipped.

now Im tempted

Chuckable

I paid about $130 to have the MP215 kit installed at a local Ford dealer. To me it's worth the peace of mind that I'll have no (or perhaps less?) trouble with a warranty claim.

Have you made a decision on this yet? What did you go for in the end? Im running the MP215 kit as over in the UK it seems like the most logical answer - dealers everywhere, warrarnty etc etc.

I have to say I am really happy with mine. Makes the car feel brand new when you get it fitted and without a doubt a substanstial increase in power, torque and fun. I love driving my car with the MP215. The only thing that I dont like is that now I have the MP215, I kind of feel married to Mountune if that makes sense. It will be AGES until they release another upgrade, let alone a cat-back, and I can see myself getting, not bored, but wanting more power from my Fiesta eventually, and when it comes to it I dont think I can for example go to Puma Speed as they would totally replace the Mountune Kit, seems like a bit of a waste.

Apart from that I would reccomend it to anyone!

OK, great so far. Except that under M/M, aftermarket parts can't "void" a warranty, just problems that can be shown to have been caused by the aftermarket parts in action. Mountune/Ford states further, "Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty." Again, nothing more than M/M already provides.

Ford Racing and mountune LLC performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Racing and mountune performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Racing and mountune performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Racing or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Racing Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.

Bottom line: if you have Mountune mods, 3/36 from initial purchase you're good; after that, you're good luck.

So I think it is a bit misleading for Mountune and Ford to call the MP215 "warranty friendly" any more than a Cobb CAI and AP are warranty friendly. What they really should say is that Mountune parts labeled "warranty friendly" carry their own limited warranty only when installed by a Ford dealer, and that warranty is limited to the sooner of 3 years or 36k miles from when the car first was purchased.

This is not a slam against Mountune (I have a short-shift and FMIC), just an attempt to bring some "actuality" to the phrase "warranty friendly."
These two statements seem contradictory though:

"Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

"If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Racing or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Racing Limited Warranty applies to the repairs."

In 1, if they're saying that they don't cover engine, driveline, and suspension problems, I have no idea what 2 could possibly cover. MP215 isn't going to affect anything other than engine or driveline.

If, as you're saying, mountune parts do nothing different to the warranty than Cobb's, then I don't understand what their point would be. And why would they distinguish between mountune performance (covered under warranty) and mountune racing (not covered). If statement 1 is true, then mountune parts do absolutely nothing better than Cobb, but that would make statement 2 irrelevant.

These two statements seem contradictory though:

"Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

"If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Racing or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Racing Limited Warranty applies to the repairs."

In 1, if they're saying that they don't cover engine, driveline, and suspension problems, I have no idea what 2 could possibly cover. MP215 isn't going to affect anything other than engine or driveline.

If, as you're saying, mountune parts do nothing different to the warranty than Cobb's, then I don't understand what their point would be. And why would they distinguish between mountune performance (covered under warranty) and mountune racing (not covered). If statement 1 is true, then mountune parts do absolutely nothing better than Cobb, but that would make statement 2 irrelevant.
Conclusion: I think you're reading it incorrectly. I think these are "and" statements, not exclusive "or" statements. It's saying that these are the areas of coverage:

Ford will cover the mountune parts if they fail 3/36
Ford will cover other parts if they fail not caused by mountune parts 3/36
AND Ford will cover other parts if they are caused by mountune parts 3/36

Just my two cents

OP
C

caliboy15

Thread Starter #18
Have you made a decision on this yet? What did you go for in the end? Im running the MP215 kit as over in the UK it seems like the most logical answer - dealers everywhere, warrarnty etc etc.

I have to say I am really happy with mine. Makes the car feel brand new when you get it fitted and without a doubt a substanstial increase in power, torque and fun. I love driving my car with the MP215. The only thing that I dont like is that now I have the MP215, I kind of feel married to Mountune if that makes sense. It will be AGES until they release another upgrade, let alone a cat-back, and I can see myself getting, not bored, but wanting more power from my Fiesta eventually, and when it comes to it I dont think I can for example go to Puma Speed as they would totally replace the Mountune Kit, seems like a bit of a waste.

Apart from that I would reccomend it to anyone!
Im running stage 3 now with Mountune FMIC, Mountune Induction kit, Cobb AP, CObb Downpipe, FSwerks Sports Exhaust.

91 OTS map. It feels great!!! specially for the price I paid for my mods. $1440 for all

Im running stage 3 now with Mountune FMIC
Mountune FMIC? I'm probably being stupid but...whats that? What kind of BHP are you running with all of your upgrades? I'm going to concentrate on cosmetic until I get the car looking how I want and then go from there in terms of performance. Hopefully Mountune will have released some more kit by then. That reminds me, I need to update my build thread...

OP
C

caliboy15

Thread Starter #20
Mountune FMIC? I'm probably being stupid but...whats that? What kind of BHP are you running with all of your upgrades? I'm going to concentrate on cosmetic until I get the car looking how I want and then go from there in terms of performance. Hopefully Mountune will have released some more kit by then. That reminds me, I need to update my build thread...
Front Mount Intercooler.

haven't have dyno runs yet, but I will have one soon.