Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P2279 leak code with no leak

Runez

Hi All,

So for a while now my cars been throwing the engine service light and was losing g power, no idea why it was happening so I took it to a garage.

He plugged it in and got a p2279 error code, I had a new purge valve pipes so he fitted them but the issue stayed.

He smoke tested 4 times and it didn't show any signs of leaking, any suggestion? Completely standard all it has is a symposer delete, bought from arnold clark so not 100% sure they it isn't mapped.

Hi All,

So for a while now my cars been throwing the engine service light and was losing g power, no idea why it was happening so I took it to a garage.

He plugged it in and got a p2279 error code, I had a new purge valve pipes so he fitted them but the issue stayed.

He smoke tested 4 times and it didn't show any signs of leaking, any suggestion? Completely standard all it has is a symposer delete, bought from arnold clark so not 100% sure they it isn't mapped.
Did this ever get fixed? When I change my purge valve it took about 2 tanks of gas for the code to go away on it's own since I didn't want to clear the code. It hasn't come on since it went away on its own