Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya I would tend to say if one does not push the bigger or Hybrid turbo too hard than you can achieve longevity with our engines. They were built from the factory for turbocharging. Ya if you put aux fuel on and dial up crazy boost you will probably run the risk of blowing the engine.
On the other hand I have a great tune on mine for pump gas and E30 and the car has serious more power while retaining a drivability and not pushing it hard enough to go boom.
Its usually the people that try to push their boost to the highest extremes that get the boom factor. Even if I do go injectors and pump I am still not going to try to push above 30-31lbs and that would be at extremes. I am running right around 27lbs max now and the car is fast. On E30 I see a bit more HP and its got so much TQ its silly. If I did go further with fuel without a lot more boost I would be pushing 350hp and equal if not more TQ I already pushed 340ft lbs TQ on E30 alone. :ROFLMAO:
So ya basically don’t go crazy with boost and being power hungry and the car will last.
If you are that afraid you will blow your car up? Then maybe you lack self control . :ROFLMAO: J/K
Keep it stock.

Last edited:

AzNightmare

Ya I would tend to say if one does not push the bigger or Hybrid turbo too hard than you can achieve longevity with our engines. They were built from the factory for turbocharging. Ya if you put aux fuel on and dial up crazy boost you will probably run the risk of blowing the engine.
On the other hand I have a great tune on mine for pump gas and E30 and the car has serious more power while retaining a drivability and not pushing it hard enough to go boom.
Its usually the people that try to push their boost to the highest extremes that get the boom factor. Even if I do go injectors and pump I am still not going to try to push above 30-31lbs and that would be at extremes. I am running right around 27lbs max now and the car is fast. On E30 I see a bit more HP and its got so much TQ its silly. If I did go further with fuel without a lot more boost I would be pushing 350hp and equal if not more TQ I already pushed 340ft lbs TQ on E30 alone. :ROFLMAO:
So ya basically don’t go crazy with boost and being power hungry and the car will last.
If you are that afraid you will blow your car up? Then maybe you lack self control . :ROFLMAO: J/K
Keep it stock.
Did your tuner slowly add more boost over the revisions? I've only been given 24 psi so far on 91. I'm wondering if that's kind of abnormally low.

163k miles before it gave up the ghost.
Sorry, not sure what this means. Did the car give up on you? Or did you give up on the car?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did your tuner slowly add more boost over the revisions? I've only been given 24 psi so far on 91. I'm wondering if that's kind of abnormally low.

Sorry, not sure what this means. Did the car give up on you? Or did you give up on the car?
It means the engine took the Big Dirt nap....Made into lawn art....Now is a boat anchor. Etc....etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

I bought the MS3 with 50k miles. I started modding it at 80k miles, and went GTX3076/EWG around 130k miles. I ran on E30 most of the time I had it. Freektune was mindful of low compression in cylinder 3 (cracked ringland) through the years and many revisions. By the end of it's life I was burning oil in that cylinder so much I couldn't keep up with it, and spun a bearing due to low oil going WOT on an on-ramp at 163k miles. After several failed motor rebuilds and a huge loss of money, I sold it to a guy that parted those cars out as a side gig.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
He did it like over 3 revisions 1st was a base tune with 14lbs then he gave a me 2nd revision that was pretty wild and went to 29lbs he then dialed it back to around 27.

Ya he was able to get it in 3 revisions he knows the s280 real well.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I can’t imagine a likely scenario where I would blame a turbo before a bad tune, or lack of due diligence on maintenance the owner is responsible for. Virtually any turbo can be run safely when tuned properly.
Absolutely correct here. Bad tune should be explored as the #1 culprit assuming maintenance has been done properly. That being said - Turbo Technics says that 28 psi (if my memory serves me correctly) is the max for the S280 so running it above that is at your own risk IMO.

Absolutely correct here. Bad tune should be explored as the #1 culprit assuming maintenance has been done properly. That being said - Turbo Technics says that 28 psi (if my memory serves me correctly) is the max for the S280 so running it above that is at your own risk IMO.
But it still makes power to 34 psi 😂

PhoenixM3

But it still makes power to 34 psi 😂
Well, I’m hitting 29-30lbs on a Dizzy tune. No complaints and I do have a new long block standing by. I will probably go with forged internals and other full retard bits when the time comes....

AzNightmare

I'll wait until my tuning revision is done, and see if I'll get more psi added in. Sounds like 24 is pretty low from consensus.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
well my s280 is installed. and wow. I did the turbo, exhaust, DP all in one shot. and what a difference in sound! Still on the base map so taking it easy. But luckily my 4 full turns on the actuator arm seems ok. I am seeing 17.5psi. at 0 WGDC.
ya it makes the car sound dope

Well, I’m hitting 29-30lbs on a Dizzy tune. No complaints and I do have a new long block standing by. I will probably go with forged internals and other full retard bits when the time comes....
Forged internals do nothing for us until the block problems are fixed. Needs proper sleeves.

Magnetic

Forged internals do nothing for us until the block problems are fixed. Needs proper sleeves.
I think Adam (Tune+) is working on this. I probably wont go S280 until he has everything sorted out. I would totally get a motor from him when they've got a package ready.

I think Adam (Tune+) is working on this. I probably wont go S280 until he has everything sorted out. I would totally get a motor from him when they've got a package ready.
Honestly if you're planning on spending all that money on a built engine, I wouldn't stop at s280, I'd go after a g25-550 or 660, etc. With all the cams, and headwork, etc it'd probably spool a g25-550 damn near as fast as a S280, while having more power & top end.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Honestly if you're planning on spending all that money on a built engine, I wouldn't stop at s280, I'd go after a g25-550 or 660, etc. With all the cams, and headwork, etc it'd probably spool a g25-550 damn near as fast as a S280, while having more power & top end.
This. About to be a Peron g25-550 kit in the for sale section