Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you weigh the seats? I'd be surprised if it was more than 30lbs. The lower cushion is basically weighless, the seatback stuff is pretty light. I'll weigh what I have and will update this shortly.
I am going by (and trusting) what I have read in other (seat delete) posts on here.

The only thing left in the car now is the rear plastic trim pieces (on the sides of the interior/interior roof), the mentioned catches, and the full size spare/jack.
EVERYTHING else, (including ALL other brackets, and Torx screws) is GONE!
(I put large plastic body fastener 'push pins' into the empty Torx screw bores.)

I installed that too and it works great if you are just looking for bass to fill out the stock sound. I'd also recommend installing some highpass filters just in front of each of your full ranges on each door. They are pretty cheap (about $5 - $10 each), but significantly improve the clarity of the highs and mids coming through them by reducing the bass signal in the full ranges which you don't need now that you have the sub.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
good idea. do you recall what cutoff you went with on those high pass filters? Found these which are only $5/door https://www.crutchfield.com/p_127BB150A2/Bass-Blockers-150-Hz-cut-off.html?tp=3216

they make some general recommendations based on speaker size, system power, and impedance on that page but I guess I need to read up on our stock system more. I don't even know if we're 4 or 8 ohm ha

Showed my daughter (16yrs old) how to do an oil change, all Mobil 1. We also spent time cleaning the car and going out for a driving lesson. Right now I am driving with her telling shifting and gear selection. Will be a slow process teaching her to drive.

Showed my daughter (16yrs old) how to do an oil change, all Mobil 1. We also spent time cleaning the car and going out for a driving lesson. Right now I am driving with her telling shifting and gear selection. Will be a slow process teaching her to drive.
That's smart! When I was growing up I lived on a bunch of land so I was free to practice driving a standard on our property with no worries. Learned to parallel park between some water barrels with a faux sidewalk made of 2x4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I believe it's 4 ohm, but I don't remember which one I used. I was thinking of using those exact ones. But one of my friends who installs systems told me it didn't really make a big difference as long as they work...unless you are trying to compete or something. I think that perhaps the effort to figure out which would work best is just not worth the difference in results for this application (I could be wrong though).

Ultimately, I decided to just go for a basic one since it was more readily available at the time of installation but this one should work well also. If you get it, let us know how you like it.

good idea. do you recall what cutoff you went with on those high pass filters? Found these which are only $5/door https://www.crutchfield.com/p_127BB150A2/Bass-Blockers-150-Hz-cut-off.html?tp=3216

they make some general recommendations based on speaker size, system power, and impedance on that page but I guess I need to read up on our stock system more. I don't even know if we're 4 or 8 ohm ha

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
link to speaker : https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-...95325339&sr=8-2&keywords=under+seat+subwoofer. It wasn't made to fit our cars but it sure fits like it was!

I can't tell too much of a difference on the adjustments except for the volume one haha. If you're talking about the old In Flames song from their album The Jester Race (look familiar? haha) I am a) impressed someone knows it and b) still angry at them for their last couple of albums so I havent listened to them in a while.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I get some more free time I'll have to give this a shot!
If someone has a complete parts list I will do a complete write up with pictures to help others with this type of install and use my vehicle for the write up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's smart! When I was growing up I lived on a bunch of land so I was free to practice driving a standard on our property with no worries. Learned to parallel park between some water barrels with a faux sidewalk made of 2x4s.

When I was growing up, learning to drive a manual was a must, but now kids are not even excited about learning to drive at all let alone a manual. It will take some time, but I am excited about the process. I did buy the car for her and hopefully she will take to it with some practice.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Keep an eye out for wear on the hose that goes under the engine cover.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
+1

You can help save it by covering it with that (3/4" or 1") split loom convoluted plastic tubing stuff, with some closed cell foam right under the point where the cover's edge touches the hose. ;)

brbauer2

Haven't done a whole lot other than commuting the last week, but she has watched me break a sidewalk, dig a trench, shovel gravel, and fill in the trench.

She gets to watch me lay a paver path and patio over the next week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

If someone has a complete parts list I will do a complete write up with pictures to help others with this type of install and use my vehicle for the write up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Subwoofer-Install-Overview-(Kenwood-KSC-SW11) Someone already beat you to it! haha. My install was basically the same but I ran a power wire straight to the battery and didn't use the bullet connectors. I also removed the driver seat.

Ticked over 9k today. Purchased new in August of 2015. Living out in the middle of nowhere for a year and a half with a 2.5 mile drive to work lol.

-Matt

Getting an oil change then going to iron x and clay it in preparation for Ford Nationals at the Carlisle fairgrounds this weekend.

neeqness

1000 Post Club

Washed waxed exterior detailed interior and now it starts raining lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That so makes me wish I had a magnetic. Generally the same look I'd have gone for if I had a magnetic.