Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Spork1569

I finally replaced the stock swollen lug nuts with some gorilla ones. I noticed my rear left wheel was swollen when I painted my break calipers, but it was almost impossible to get off this time.

Basically stripped the bolt until the tire iron could get enough leverage. So happy to not have to deal with the other 4 wheels down the line.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I finally replaced the stock swollen lug nuts with some gorilla ones. I noticed my rear left wheel was swollen when I painted my break calipers, but it was almost impossible to get off this time.

Basically stripped the bolt until the tire iron could get enough leverage. So happy to not have to deal with the other 4 wheels down the line.
What is a "swollen" lug nut, exactly? Or a "swollen wheel"? People complain about the OEM nuts' getting misshapen, I guess - but I've never heard this descriptor.

Spork1569

What is a "swollen" lug nut, exactly? Or a "swollen wheel"? People complain about the OEM nuts' getting misshapen, I guess - but I've never heard this descriptor.
Basically same thing they get misshapen/swollen from heat or moisture being between the inside and outside layer of the lug. Mine were basically too big for the stock wrench we get with the spare tire, but too small for the other sizes on the tire iron I had.

The solution was to basically hammer on the stock size and effectively stripping the lug, which gave me enough leverage to take em off. Since they were going in the trash I saw no use in keeping them from being stripped.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Basically same thing they get misshapen/swollen from heat or being the inside and outside layer of the lug. Mine were basically too big for the stock wrench we get with the spare tire, but too small for the other sizes on the tire iron I had.

The solution was to basically hammer on the stock size and effectively stripping the lug, which gave me enough leverage to take em off. Since they were going in the trash I saw no use in keeping them from being stripped.
Yikes. I sold my wheels early on, so never had to experience these troubles. The acorn AM are awful, as they get chipped by just looking at them.

Spork1569

Yikes. I sold my wheels early on, so never had to experience these troubles. The acorn AM are awful, as they get chipped by just looking at them.
Wish I had done it sooner as it only got worse with time. Especially now heading into the summer heat soon. For anyone still on the stock nuts I'd definitely get rid of them asap.

Even better is to use it as an excuse for completely new wheels. [wiggle]

Infamous pineapple slice burst replaced, with a race spec black insert and a zip tie instead of that garbage ass o ring IMG_2748.jpg IMG_2749.jpg IMG_2750.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Just put the thermal sleeves on my OCC , maestro the sleeves are just a few inches shorter than the hoses themselves unless you can find something like it at a parts store that's cut to your length type deal.
Looked closely at what I have... Sleeves? I don't need no stinking sleeves. Whatchatalkingbout, Wilis?? [emoji1787]

Spork1569

any noticeable increase in turbo noise/spool? Mine comes tomorrow and Im looking for a little bit of noise lol
I installed mine a few days ago along with a few other intake mods but i would say spooling is smoother and more consistent through the power band. Also there's more of a low end growl to the intake along with some sweet induction noise. Plus install for the crossover isn't too bad, once you get the cowl off it's simple.

I installed mine a few days ago along with a few other intake mods but i would say spooling is smoother and more consistent through the power band. Also there's more of a low end growl to the intake along with some sweet induction noise. Plus install for the crossover isn't too bad, once you get the cowl off it's simple.
With the cross over pipe tomorrow I’ll have the whoosh induction hose, stock air box, Velossatech big mouth and V3 intercooler from whoosh. So I expect some spool noise over the plastic stock one.

Spork1569

With the cross over pipe tomorrow I’ll have the whoosh induction hose, stock air box, Velossatech big mouth and V3 intercooler from whoosh. So I expect some spool noise over the plastic stock one.

I also recommend the hotside J pipe if you haven't already. It has a resonator that the aftermarket gets rid of and thus gives a little more spooling noise as well.

any noticeable increase in turbo noise/spool? Mine comes tomorrow and Im looking for a little bit of noise lol
Not much for me but I still have the stock induction hose and only a drop in ramair filter. Bang for buck I have to say the hot side j pipe does a lot more for spool time and Turbo noise. Butt dyno says a few hp were added in the 2.5-4K rpm range. I felt like the j pipe helped the top end a bit more where the crossover smoothed things out and added a little growl lower in the powerband.

Disregard last post, lost power for 13 hours yesterday so didn’t have time to install my whoosh cross over pipe. So until I can tomorrow I did this first.