Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

jeff

2000 Post Club
What did I do to my FIESTA today?

After driving my new beater prelude around for the last few weeks sorting it out, I took my Fiesta for a spin. Holy crap is this a good car and is it fast. Geewhiz I forgot. The prelude is nice and all but holy crap my car has been well-built. Two weeks away and you forget. The steering, the clutch, the gear shifter, the power! Can’t believe I own this car.

New wheel day! I went back and forth for weeks over which color I should get. I was set on grey and at the last minute decided on black. I think I made the right choice. Tires are 205/45-16 Firestone Indy 500. Now I just need to lower it

Attachments

Last edited:

cxwrench

New wheel day! I went back and forth for weeks over which color I should get. I was set on grey and at the last minute decided on black. I think I made the right choice. Tires are 205/45 Firestone Indy 500. Now I just need to lower it
Yep, good choice. Those rims look awesome!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
New wheel day! I went back and forth for weeks over which color I should get. I was set on grey and at the last minute decided on black. I think I made the right choice. Tires are 205/45 Firestone Indy 500. Now I just need to lower it
Witch ones are they? Asetto something right? That white on the black looks so good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
New wheel day! I went back and forth for weeks over which color I should get. I was set on grey and at the last minute decided on black. I think I made the right choice. Tires are 205/45-16 Firestone Indy 500. Now I just need to lower it
I've never seen a black FiST with either those, or the similar black OZ Leggendas on it.
PERFECT 'murdered out' look! [twothumb]

Took off my ST XTAs and replaced them with a new set of YWC's with Swift springs. Pulled apart the XTA fronts to clean and remove the POS springs to be replaced with Swift springs. Trashed the rear plastic and thin aluminum perches and front plastic lower perches to be replaced with real components from YCW and mounted on my son's brand-new-to-him FiST.
Sounds like the quality difference is noticeable all over between the ST and YWC? I have ST's on MK2 VW and they seem just ok for the money. I only put a few thousand miles a year on that car so they are good enough for that.

Trying to figure out what to do with this car as it gets real daily year round miles. Trying to avoid spending KW V2/3, PSS10 etc money again.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sounds like the quality difference is noticeable all over between the ST and YWC? I have ST's on MK2 VW and they seem just ok for the money. I only put a few thousand miles a year on that car so they are good enough for that.

Trying to figure out what to do with this car as it gets real daily year round miles. Trying to avoid spending KW V2/3, PSS10 etc money again.
The ST springs are crap. One of the rears broke and the coating is coming off of all of them after 7500 no direct salt (maybe some on the roadside in the spring) miles. The dampeners are ok but the anodization on the front is really thin. The coil over hardware is, again, crap - plastic perches, set screws instead of a locking ring, etc.

The YCWs appear to be much more serious. All of the coilover hardware is aluminum, the coating is well applied and thick, and they are fully adjustable in that you don't adjust the preload on the spring to adjust right height; the bottom on the coilover is threaded. The springs are linear rate from Swift. The hats are camber adjustable but they're working on camber/caster hats and will send a free set to me when they're done. So far I'm impressed at the price point.

PaBlaST

Success! I've never been so happy to see down my street. All in all glad I never have to do that again but I'm glad I did. The cheap ebay camera fit like a glove, and the hardest part was getting wires where they needed to be. View attachment 21592
Thats awesome! I was actually installing one in my car this week but got stuck, I don't know what to connect the red wire next to the yellow plug of the harness.

Spork1569

Thats awesome! I was actually installing one in my car this week but got stuck, I don't know what to connect the red wire next to the yellow plug of the harness.
I felt I would end up getting stuck somewhere in the wiring too so I went with the harness that's prebuilt. Hardest part was getting the video cable to fit into the space where the head unit is.

Ordered a set of tire pressure sensors from eBay for $30 and installed them to get rid of that annoying tire pressure sensor fault light. Should of told the dealership to knock off $300-$400 off the price of the car since that's how much the would of charged to buy it through them, remount and balance, install and reprogram them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Out with the Mountune intercooler in with the bravo alpha:love:
IMG_1741.jpeg
might do a video on it

Found a giant gash in my chargpipe!
IMG_1744.jpeg

Patched it up with an aluminum can until I can afford a new one
IMG_1746.jpeg

Also installed the 2j cowl intake and switched my whoosh catted downpipe for the depo catless

Uploaded an exhaust video for the DNA exhaust!
View: https://youtu.be/cdMKPOLTFvM

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Out with the Mountune intercooler in with the bravo alpha:love:
View attachment 21632
might do a video on it

Found a giant gash in my chargpipe!
View attachment 21633

Patched it up with an aluminum can until I can afford a new one
View attachment 21634

Also installed the 2j cowl intake and switched my whoosh catted downpipe for the depo catless

Uploaded an exhaust video for the DNA exhaust!
View: https://youtu.be/cdMKPOLTFvM
curious
you returned the bravo and other parts to us but now have the bravo again?
also, why would you install a downpipe that necks down to 2.5" or smaller when that car has a big turbo kit and 3" Thermal exhaust already?
interesting....

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
curious
you returned the bravo and other parts to us but now have the bravo again?
also, why would you install a downpipe that necks down to 2.5" or smaller when that car has a big turbo kit and 3" Thermal exhaust already?
interesting....
How much do used whoosh catted dp's go for?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
How much do used whoosh catted dp's go for?

not sure
depends on the condition, mileage etc
175-200 sounds fair
new is $299 minus 5%
we do have stock available as well and have just ceramic coated some for pre-paid customers

Ford Community Posts