Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

joesiris

hose.jpg
mountune's new(ish) induction kit for 2016 and above. pretty simple, only comes in one color sadly, no codes. also finally installed my sound symposer delete, ive had it for months but I kept trying and couldn't get the darn thing out, so today when I had the hose off I managed to get it off...lot of elbow grease, almost like it melted to the pipe.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Do you happen to know what normal temps would be in the heat? The highest i can recall since i've had my AP is 217 for oil temps and that was on a day it was almost 100 and it was while sitting at a light after i'd been driving for a half hour or so. It's finally cooled down this week in Missouri, hit like 78 today.

I haven't had any overheating per se, but im not very educated on it either, just no warnings or drops in power. I've been running e30 for 3 days now and maybe that has helped lower temps? I'd like the factory rad to work out, i have several things i want to do first and can't afford to replace it on top of other stuff yet.

FWIW i have also noticed my intake and subsequently my charge temps closer to ambient since i removed the covers, i figured for the same reasons. It's got me thinking, would a custom mod to our hoods like adding vents, help in the same way? It seems like if hot engine air recycled into the intake worsens the issue, venting out that engine bay heat would only help. Just thinking out loud.
There are options for getting hood vents. Either buying a whole new hood itself (might as well get Carbon Fiber at the point, weight reduction) or you can buy a kit where you can actually cut into your hood. I personally wouldn't go that route cause that sounds risky to me.

There are options for getting hood vents. Either buying a whole new hood itself (might as well get Carbon Fiber at the point, weight reduction) or you can buy a kit where you can actually cut into your hood. I personally wouldn't go that route cause that sounds risky to me.
Interesting, it's something i have never looked at so far, aftermarket hoods. I really like the look of some of them, it really changes the look of the car. And prices look from dirt cheap to insanely expensive. And another mod finds my list....

I know a guy with hood vents. They look good and according to him are functional, but you're on your own for positioning them, and that's a terrifying prospect, considering you're only gonna get one chance to have them not look like they were installed by a blind idiot.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Interesting, it's something i have never looked at so far, aftermarket hoods. I really like the look of some of them, it really changes the look of the car. And prices look from dirt cheap to insanely expensive. And another mod finds my list....
I've got a whole bookmarked file that gets bigger and bigger as time goes on.

I know a guy with hood vents. They look good and according to him are functional, but you're on your own for positioning them, and that's a terrifying prospect, considering you're only gonna get one chance to have them not look like they were installed by a blind idiot.
Yea im not much of a fabricator so i would have to plan that out real well ahead of time. Measurements and graphs and all to make sure it's nice and neat. Not a priority at this point as it just crossed my mind but this is a daily driver and project car so i'll see what happens. Researching is free so it can't hurt to look into this kind of stuff.

I had a second gen mazdaspeed 3 and when I went front mount the hood scoop definitely helped dissipate heat. Definitely worth looking into but not sure if cutting vents is something I’d want to have permanently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a second gen mazdaspeed 3 and when I went front mount the hood scoop definitely helped dissipate heat. Definitely worth looking into but not sure if cutting vents is something I’d want to have permanently

It does make sense too, in theory the best performance would be no hood at all right? So the air is just open to blow away and cool it quickly. Obviously that's not practical so vents would be the next best option but i was thinking we also have to worry about rain and debris?

It does make sense too, in theory the best performance would be no hood at all right? So the air is just open to blow away and cool it quickly. Obviously that's not practical so vents would be the next best option but i was thinking we also have to worry about rain and debris?
Not necessarily. I'm not an automotive engineer, but I build high performance PCs, and airflow is more complicated than people give credit to. On a finely tuned PC at least, taking the side panel off will significantly lower the efficiency of the system and raise temps. I don't know if automotive hydrodynamic systems are as precise, but it's definitely possible.

Actually you want to keep some heat concentrated on the turbine side of the turbo for thermal efficiency (which is why turbo blankets are made). So dissipating heat in the right way yes.

Rain and debris would be a concern for me but didn’t seem to cause any damage on my speed3

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Not risky, if you have a steady hand a a Dremel. But, these vents are mostly for show, really - they aren’t needle movers when it comes to bringing the oil and coolant temps down. There are long debates on this issue tho. I have them - because, to recycle my own joke, because it’s cool. (To lower the temperature, I have a Mishimoto radiator AND their oil cooler. No mo overheating on the track.)

So - what does actually do, other than the looks? Anything? Everyone and their mother sells these riser kits, but I have no idea of what they’re for. I’d imagine that raising it would create turbulence around the gap and diminish the downforce. That is if this thing actually produces any, raised or not.
I personally don’t like the look of the riser kit but that’s just me, a flush appearance just looks cleaner to me.

Installed this awesome custom fit Weathertech Hood Protector...definitely looks nicer than the rock chip that was front and center...only $65 after taxes and I live 15 minutes from their factory warehouse so I picked it right up! Heres a couple before and afters!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Installed this awesome custom fit Weathertech Hood Protector...definitely looks nicer than the rock chip that was front and center...only $65 after taxes and I live 15 minutes from their factory warehouse so I picked it right up! Heres a couple before and afters!

Do they make it in a clear color?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

VERY surprised that they make one of those for our rides at all (actually surprised that they even make the hard shell, direct fit mats either, as they never did for my 4th gen Z28).

VERY surprised that they make one of those for our rides at all (actually surprised that they even make the hard shell, direct fit mats either, as they never did for my 4th gen Z28).
I know right! I saw this online at 6:30am while I was researching window rain guards. From what I found they are the only company that makes the "In-Channel" window rain guards as well $99 for whole set. I want to get those too but I was excited about this because I never seen it before. Long story short I was at their Factory Warehouse Store at 8am picking it up! Also as far as I know this is the only color.

Not risky, if you have a steady hand a a Dremel. But, these vents are mostly for show, really - they aren’t needle movers when it comes to bringing the oil and coolant temps down. There are long debates on this issue tho. I have them - because, to recycle my own joke, because it’s cool. (To lower the temperature, I have a Mishimoto radiator AND their oil cooler. No mo overheating on the track.)
I'm always babying my ride when it's 100+ and haven't really gotten into monitoring temps with my AP, but what's your opinion on adding just the Mishi oil cooler? I'd like to be able to drive normally on the street, boosting from stop lights, etc. Thx!

I'm always babying my ride when it's 100+ and haven't really gotten into monitoring temps with my AP, but what's your opinion on adding just the Mishi oil cooler? I'd like to be able to drive normally on the street, boosting from stop lights, etc. Thx!
Cooler air temps is what you want to be in to boost aggressively. Cooler oil won’t prevent pre-ignition