Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I'm always babying my ride when it's 100+ and haven't really gotten into monitoring temps with my AP, but what's your opinion on adding just the Mishi oil cooler? I'd like to be able to drive normally on the street, boosting from stop lights, etc. Thx!
I installed these to prevent overheating on the track. To 'boost from lights' you need either a bigger turbo or cooler air (intake). These are not meant for that; but to answer your question (or rather not answer) assuming that you want to defeat the overheating - not sure. I decided to put this matter to rest once and for all, so ordered both. I believe that - depending on the ambient temperature and how YOU drive - just the radiator may be sufficient. So, potentially, no need for the oil cooler.

Last edited:
I'm always babying my ride when it's 100+ and haven't really gotten into monitoring temps with my AP, but what's your opinion on adding just the Mishi oil cooler? I'd like to be able to drive normally on the street, boosting from stop lights, etc. Thx!
50/50 meth injection will drop your air temps more than anything and is your most cost effective mod. For around 500-600 you can get everything you need for the install but requires some decent wiring and mechanical knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need this lol. How bad was the install? Did you tap the rear speakers?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Definitely the easiest car I have installed a system in. You don't have to remove any plastic panels to run cables to rear, just lift the rubber door seal. I did tap the rear passenger speakers; the wires for those are located in the passenger B pillar. hardest part was designing the enclosure to fit in the space with at least the minimum airspace my sub required.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
For some reason I want to install 2 8's I found everything I need on Amazon for about 200 bucks I dont care about losing some cargo space. It's just a fun car now. I was worried about breaking clips and shit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

joesiris

Definitely the easiest car I have installed a system in. You don't have to remove any plastic panels to run cables to rear, just lift the rubber door seal. I did tap the rear passenger speakers; the wires for those are located in the passenger B pillar. hardest part was designing the enclosure to fit in the space with at least the minimum airspace my sub required.
any photos of your "tap" I haven't installed audio in many years, and when I did it was swap factory head unit for one with rca outs, not sure what to do with a tap...ive been wanting to do this for a while, I even have the subs and amp form my previous car

Installed whoosh track bar today, car feels great with it on but the ground clearance sucks, honestly probably thinking about taking it off, you can see Im shoveling rocks up my driveway!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Nice [emoji41]

Mileage was today, but Monday I got fitted with an early run Damond Motorsports RMM. I've had a Boomba RMM on since about 3k.
Initial impressions (50 miles) - just a slight bit more vibration but it feels smoother/less harsh and not much of any extra noise.
I'll have to wait and test stock idle vibration since my idle is upped slightly in my current tune.
1-2 and 2-3 shifts under heavy load feel more engaged and direct (full Boomba shift kit installed).
Engine start also feels more 'together' - less engine movement.
I'll be doing my last autocross of the year on Sunday and then putting 3k+ miles on it with a road trip to Miami and back through the Tail the first week of October, so plenty of miles will be going on it.

Last edited:

Erick_V

Installed whoosh track bar today, car feels great with it on but the ground clearance sucks, honestly probably thinking about taking it off, you can see Im shoveling rocks up my driveway!
The front bar is probably one of my favorite mods. My first bar got destroyed by a big rock, bent it pretty good. I didn't hesitate to get a new one lol

The front bar is probably one of my favorite mods. My first bar got destroyed by a big rock, bent it pretty good. I didn't hesitate to get a new one lol
We will see how long this one lasts! My guess is, not very long! Lol

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Replaced the rear rotors with Stoptech slotted rotors. I've never bothered to use slotted in the rear before, and I was pleasantly surprised that I can actually feel a difference -- but, they're surprisingly noisy :unsure:

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Replaced the rear rotors with Stoptech slotted rotors. I've never bothered to use slotted in the rear before, and I was pleasantly surprised that I can actually feel a difference -- but, they're surprisingly noisy :unsure:
Slots are there ostensibly to channel the heat and maybe some of the dust. On my WW, the grooves are quite shallow. What improvements do you feel?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Slots are there ostensibly to channel the heat and maybe some of the dust. On my WW, the grooves are quite shallow. What improvements do you feel?
Honestly, I think it may be a placebo effect of hearing them, but they do seem to grab better now -- I wouldn't characterize the old rotors as being glazed, but they had been through over a dozen track sessions.

I installed my Mountune induction hose that I picked up from another member here. I'm sure its all in my head but I swear the car has a noticeable increase in low end torque. Nothing earth shattering, but enough to notice it driving around town. Like I said though, I'm sure its all in my head.

Attachments

Threw on the Cobb cat back I bought from a member on the forum along with Rons polyurethane hangers. Much better holding the exhaust in place and I like the fact that the Cobb isn’t very loud, just enough of a low growl [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk