Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
All about power to weight.. they might have an ok amount of horsepower but it's not fast if it's got a heap of weight to lug along. I hate big cars full stop..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
...and as much as so many on here just adore those things, they just look WAY TOO LONG/STRETCHED OUT, and bloated for my tastes, regardless of whatever actual performance they are, or are not, capable of... [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
no kidding, my subframe has taken some abuse, tons of scratches and a few dents. I’m surprised my oil pan has survived some of the “monkey head” rocks I’ve ran over without a skid plate.
We call those 'baby's heads' on the rally stage roads (some of the setup crews actually paint the worst ones day glow orange as a precaution for the workers, and competitor crews), and yeah, I have some MAJOR dings in mine where it saved me from stuff which I could not avoid without a trip into the weeds/ditches/trees. [thumb]

Last edited:

joesiris

yeah me too. in my late teens and early twenties (so 20 years ago)I used to install car stereos but that was when you swap the head unit and run RCA wires from that. now with fancy screen stereos I know nothing. did you tap into the speaker wires with an rca converter? not sure what you mean by capped the main speakers, and where does the accessory wire go?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mele Design Firm Battery Box & XS Power 680 Installed. Will be doing a full write-up soon. Not overly impressed and I had to make a custom bracket to better secure the ECU to the new battery box.

I do love how it opens up the engine bay though. It's now a lot easier to get the fuse box cover off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Another week has gone by and I need to make sure that my battery is charged and the car is prepared for use.
However, I don't wish to offend anyone by my just running the car and increasing my carbon footprint.
So, I drove the car for about 30 minuets for the shear pleasure of driving.
I also did my part as per my states wishes by not going anywhere.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Another week has gone by and I need to make sure that my battery is charged and the car is prepared for use.
However, I don't wish to offend anyone by my just running the car and increasing my carbon footprint.
So, I drove the car for about 30 minuets for the shear pleasure of driving.
I also did my part as per my states wishes by not going anywhere.
That’s what I’ve been doing too. Just drive around just to drive around. I sort of miss my long commute and it’s only been 4 work days..

yeah me too. in my late teens and early twenties (so 20 years ago)I used to install car stereos but that was when you swap the head unit and run RCA wires from that. now with fancy screen stereos I know nothing. did you tap into the speaker wires with an rca converter? not sure what you mean by capped the main speakers, and where does the accessory wire go?
Used a PAC audio line level adapter and tapped into the rear speakers using really nice t-taps (photo attached) at the wiring connector at the head unit. ‘Cap’ is soldering capacitors on the positive speaker terminals to keep the main speakers from reproducing tones below 120hz. I ran the turn on lead to the moonroof fuse using an add-a-fuse. Oh, and I am 59 and still don’t know any better!

Attachments

Last edited:

SPhilli911

When changing over my winters to summers I got a nice glimpse of what CT winters do to my car. The hub nut is disintegrating on the driver's side front, the other 3 are fine. :mad:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mele Design Firm Battery Box & XS Power 680 Installed. Will be doing a full write-up soon. Not overly impressed and I had to make a custom bracket to better secure the ECU to the new battery box.

I do love how it opens up the engine bay though. It's now a lot easier to get the fuse box cover off.

Let us know how that stands up to the cold weather, at least whatever we have left this season. [wink]

That thing (without the mount/brackets) weighs what, like 14 pounds at most??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When changing over my winters to summers I got a nice glimpse of what CT winters do to my car. The hub nut is disintegrating on the driver's side front, the other 3 are fine. :mad:

One of the reasons I put brand mismatched center caps (the Compomotive alloy ones, the ONLY thing I've found that fits, since Method flat out refuses to make caps of their own to fit these 'gravel rally spec' wheels [mad]) on my Method winter/rally working wheels. [wink]

joesiris

Used a PAC audio line level adapter and tapped into the rear speakers using really nice t-taps (photo attached) at the wiring connector at the head unit. ‘Cap’ is soldering capacitors on the positive speaker terminals to keep the main speakers from reproducing tones below 120hz. I ran the turn on lead to the moonroof fuse using an add-a-fuse. Oh, and I am 59 and still don’t know any better!
haha thanks for that