Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Got installed/done, because I don't have the time or inclination to do it myself... (Unheated garage. No jack, not a full compliment of tools. Job has a garage in the same building that does my car while I work. Come back from work and car's done.)

Whoosh RMM
Powerflex Insert for passenger side (Just ordered the transmission one [driver's side] Since my dumb ass ordered 2 passenger side ones. Well, at least I'll have a spare.)
Pierce 2 Point Traction Bar/Brace (Already got it to scrape once, since the alley to my garage is crowned, now I know where to go on that alley)
ARP Bolt for the passenger side engine mount (for safety's sake)
New OEM bolts for the control arms, for the Traction Bar (Supposed to be one use only bolts, didn't want to take chance in re-using, even though everyone says it's fine.)
Check plug gap, all perfectly in spec after 6000 miles of Dizzy Stage 2 tune (Figured he might as well check them while he was under there.)
Greased slider pins on brake calipers
Check over all condition of car (hoses etc) - All good.

Slightly more NVH, which I'm certain will break in. Car feels more firm. I never launch my car, but even getting on it a bit the difference is there, for sure. I look forward to getting the other insert put on for the 'complete package' (short of hard mount engine brackets, which I didn't want.)

The FiST is my weekend car until my 231K '99 Camry dies...if it ever does. Fucking 5S-FE engine in that Camry is nuke proof, the car will rot or trans drop out before that engine goes...

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Bought a dammond catch can, was gonna go with the mishimoto one but I heard very bad reviews.
You made the right decision. Dammond is very good. I wouldn't touch anything mishimoto with a 10 foot pole. Their products suck, and their customer service is equally terrible.

CSM

1000 Post Club
And yes, the tire tech used WAAYYY to many weights on the front wheel. I may have them rebalance in a few weeks when it warms up more.

You made the right decision. Dammond is very good. I wouldn't touch anything mishimoto with a 10 foot pole. Their products suck, and their customer service is equally terrible.
Previous owner of my car seems to have been a mishimoto fan. Mishimoto rad hoses, both charge pipes, cold air intake w/ crossover pipe, oil catch can and intercooler. Other than the cold air intake throwing a code, which almost all cold air intakes do, I fixed with the OEM 14/15 valve, everything works great. I guess we'll find out for how long. The car is a 2016 with 31k when I bough it. 37k now. Fingers crossed.

I know, I regret getting the intake from them lol
What makes you say that?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Previous owner of my car seems to have been a mishimoto fan. Mishimoto rad hoses, both charge pipes, cold air intake w/ crossover pipe, oil catch can and intercooler. Other than the cold air intake throwing a code, which almost all cold air intakes do, I fixed with the OEM 14/15 valve, everything works great. I guess we'll find out for how long. The car is a 2016 with 31k when I bough it. 37k now. Fingers crossed.

What makes you say that?
Keep and eye out on that catch can. If it's the first version of it, the hoses will leak oil or otherwise fail.

Keep and eye out on that catch can. If it's the first version of it, the hoses will leak oil or otherwise fail.
The dealership that I bought the car from in Philadelphia gave me the owner's receipts for his aftermarket purchases. The catch can was put on in late 2016. I'm pretty sure Mishimoto upgraded to the second version in 2015.

That said, thanks, I will keep an eye out.

I just talked to my panel shop today where my Fiesta ST is getting fixed. They said there are grommets missing from behind the rear bumper because the idiots that "fixed" it from being rear ended a few years ago left them out. They are square and the car will rust without them, already started.. anyone know what the part is called? Ford don't make them so going to some wreckers to hopefully find some anyway.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

The dealership that I bought the car from in Philadelphia gave me the owner's receipts for his aftermarket purchases. The catch can was put on in late 2016. I'm pretty sure Mishimoto upgraded to the second version in 2015.

That said, thanks, I will keep an eye out.
My mishimoto catch can burst a hose off the fitting under hard acceleration, made a loud bang and I thought something much worse had happened. The engine lost power and was behaving like it was out of fuel. I luckily had the OEM part in the boot so I clipped it on and it was back up and running like nothing had happened at all. I tightened the catch can hoses and it's been fine ever since..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Yesterday I got some new meats. 205/50/16 Nitto Neo gens on 16x8 Dekagrams. I'm lowered on BC coilovers. Immediately after getting home I had to raise the car. It was rubbing like crazy. Also put on my Mishimoto downpipe today. So I guess I'm technically FBO now. This is the only picture I could grab before I raised her. Sorry I couldn't get a better one, but it has been raining non stop for 2 days.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yesterday I got some new meats. 205/50/16 Nitto Neo gens on 16x8 Dekagrams. I'm lowered on BC coilovers. Immediately after getting home I had to raise the car. It was rubbing like crazy. Also put on my Mishimoto downpipe today. So I guess I'm technically FBO now. This is the only picture I could grab before I raised her. Sorry I couldn't get a better one, but it has been raining non stop for 2 days.
I have the same exact/wheel tire setup (even bronze) currently on my factory suspension/ride height car.[thumb]

It does not rub on the actual fenders/wells/liners, but it does rub against my oversized, huge, SMS mud flaps on hard braking, and extreme steering angles. [:(]

Last edited:

pixelzombie

I installed one of the front mud flaps from Rokblokz and the top connector was giving me an issue. I could not insert the connector in the hole, so I enlarged it just a bit. But it would back out of the hole when I started to tighten the screw. Is this a correct install of the mud flap?

Attachments

You should follow the instructions on this video. This differs for the instructions you get from Rokblokz. The top screw is tricky... you need to run the screw through the clip before putting it behind the fender liner. Then try to hold it with your finger behind the fender liner while screwing.

View: https://youtu.be/DJ2o9hhUKjk

I hope this helps. I love the flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixelzombie

You should follow the instructions on this video. This differs for the instructions you get from Rokblokz. The top screw is tricky... you need to run the screw through the clip before putting it behind the fender liner. Then try to hold it with your finger behind the fender liner while screwing.

View: https://youtu.be/DJ2o9hhUKjk

I hope this helps. I love the flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info and the photo. Mine is almost as tight as yours.

Installed my Damond OCC, I noticed something in the way while I was installing it, looks like it connects to the expansion tank, also a connector and its wiring is rubbing against the OCC, I didn’t notice it on other fiestas when I was watching install videos, maybe it was part of the overheating recall?