Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Unlikely. How many miles on the car? Probably time for new suspension bushings or new strut bearing. Is it coming from the front or rear.
Just under 17k. Coming from front passenger side. I only noticed the sound after they fixed the rattling (by tightening pass mount bolt) but it could have been there before. Audible under load, especially when starting from a stop.

Got my FiST out of storage today and spent a few hours installing a bunch of goodies I've gathered over the winter. Pierce 2 point trac bar, Pierce torsion bar, Radium OCC, Changed the transmission fluid to BG Syncro shift II, one step colder spark plugs, installed my Dizzy stage 2 tune, Redline goods shift boot and armrest cover, new shift knob, yellow fog lights....Phew, busy day but the most fun I've had in months!!

brbauer2

Fuel hose on my ethanol sensor stated to crack and weep fuel so it had to be replaced. My project Jeep is in the garage, so the wife's Jeep provided cover from the rain.

Got the line replaced no problem, but then the backside of the negative battery terminal nut/bolt stripped and the whole thing spins and I can't get it tight (or loosen it).

Found its part # CV2Z-10C679-C. Tasca lists it as unique to the turbo Fiestas (1.0 & 1.6) and the NA 1.6 uses a different one.

Am I stuck buying a new cable for $60?

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Fuel hose on my ethanol sensor stated to crack and weep fuel so it had to be replaced. My project Jeep is in the garage, so the wife's Jeep provided cover from the rain.

Got the line replaced no problem, but then the backside of the negative battery terminal nut/bolt stripped and the whole thing spins and I can't get it tight (or loosen it).

Found its part # CV2Z-10C679-C. Tasca lists it as unique to the turbo Fiestas (1.0 & 1.6) and the NA 1.6 uses a different one.

Am I stuck buying a new cable for $60?

I've had this issue myself. My friend and I just replaced the bolt on the cable and called it a day

brbauer2

The negative battery cable isn't just a cable. It has the battery management system built into it.
That's why I asked the question, to see if anyone found a cheaper alternative.
I've had this issue myself. My friend and I just replaced the bolt on the cable and called it a day
I'll give that a shot. It's on there finger tight and isn't in danger of coming off yet, just want to make it right before it gets worse.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Installed powerflex inserts to passenger motor mount and trans mount. Yes, it DOES have nvh now. Idk how everybody says it doesn't or is minimal. Minimal compared to the hardest RMM, maybe, but not to a street RMM. I have a whoosh street RMM with no nvh. I now have nvh.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Installed powerflex inserts to passenger motor mount and trans mount. Yes, it DOES have nvh now. Idk how everybody says it doesn't or is minimal. Minimal compared to the hardest RMM, maybe, but not to a street RMM. I have a whoosh street RMM with no nvh. I now have nvh.

WHY if I ever replace the two inside the engine compartment mounts, I will use the 'fast road' Vibra-Technics units, since they are specifically engineered, and choose the durometer of the rubber bushings they use, to minimize the NVH while still being stronger than factory. [wink]

But yes, they ARE $$$. [:(]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
WHY if I ever replace the two inside the engine compartment mounts, I will use the 'fast road' Vibra-Technics units, since they are specifically engineered, and choose the durometer of the rubber bushings they use, to minimize the NVH while still being stronger than factory. [wink]

And I'm a cheap bastard

I just have the Cobb rear engine mount and it's been magic ever since. No need to to replace the other 2 IMO. Stock power though..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club