Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
In more alarming news, I noticed this inside of my intake tube was pretty dirty. I have the raimair filter in the stock air box and I noticed the top of it was covered in dirt. See pic below. I'm pretty alarmed by this. I put the stock paper filter back in for now. I have the velossa tech big mouth so I'm wondering if the pressure it creates is allowing the filter to lift and allow dirty air to pass around it. Maybe the ram air filter doesn't quite fit perfectly allowing it to lift. Anyone else see anything like this?
The top being covered in dirt is normal. It's a filter. The filter is in place and can't move.

Are you near the west coast? Are there fires near you?

Yeah San Diego. We've had a pretty big fire near by, even had some ash rain down last weekend. They got it under control earlier in the week but yeah the air quality has been pretty bad lately

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I got the boomba shifter installed along with their shifter base bushings. Just like flbchbm said it was pretty easy. I did not have to trim the reverse lockout, it worked perfectly as is. Didn't have to chamfer the retaining rod either.

Once I got it all together I was happy with it but had a hell of a time getting into first gear. All other gears were fine but 1st was fighting me big time. I adjusted the shifter, removed my whoosh shift adapter and tried it without and no dice, still fighting me to get into first. I reinstalled the whoosh adapter and reset the shifter at max and came in to check and see if I did something wrong when I saw flbchbm edited his post with more info. I ran out and tried it... flbchbm I owe you a beer! It shifts like butter after doing that procedure! No problems getting into first. Its perfect. I cant thank you enough I never would have found that info!
Sorry about that. I completely forgot about it and my coworker that has a fost reminded me about it. I'm going outside to do mine right now before work. I edited my original post and forgot to message you. I've been busy studying for company-required ITIL v4 Foundation. Heck, I was listening to the whole course twice while washing and applying polymer paint sealant, vinyl protectant and rainx.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I completely forgot about it and my coworker that has a fost reminded me about it. I'm going outside to do mine right now before work. I edited my original post and forgot to message you. I've been busy studying for company-required ITIL v4 Foundation. Heck, I was listening to the whole course twice while washing and applying polymer paint sealant, vinyl protectant and rainx.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
No need to apologize, I'm just glad you posted it. I had never heard of that procedure before. It works
Thank you for all the helpful info

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
No need to apologize, I'm just glad you posted it. I had never heard of that procedure before. It works
Thank you for all the helpful info
I just finished adjusting my cable AND disabled the sat and sony sound processing. I have yet to try it out on some mellow music like Smile Empty Soul...lol

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Business6

At the dealer for oil change and an inspection of my sunroof. In addition to the water stains issues that have existed for a while my weather seal on the rearward side of the glass has a chunk missing. It's much smaller on the inside of the car but it's still going to freely let water in.

FFS don't get sunroofs. I'd love to permanently seal it and remove the whole mechanism.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
FFS don't get sunroofs. I'd love to permanently seal it and remove the whole mechanism.
I knew this going in/ordering the car, and, IF I ever were to go crazy/win the lottery and turn it into a stage rally car, that is one less thing I have would have to worry about sealing/welding up (besides the less weight at the highest point of the whole car).

IF I need the 'open air experience' that desperately, I would just get the REAL thing, and get a ragtop roadster of some sort. LOL [wink]

Business6

I knew this going in/ordering the car, and, IF I ever were to go crazy/win the lottery and turn it into a stage rally car, that is one less thing I have would have to worry about sealing/welding up (besides the less weight at the highest point of the whole car).

IF I need the 'open air experience' that desperately, I would just get the REAL thing, and get a ragtop roadster of some sort. LOL [wink]
Indeed, makes me miss the Miatas for that experience, haha.

I need to find someone who was unfortunate enough to get a sunroof FiST and who turned it into a track car and see what they did. I'm less worried about removing the whole thing than I am about the electrical side of things. By that I mean if X gets removed then Y doesn't function since it should all be part of the same wiring loom and I just don't have any experience with electrical components outside of PC building for 20 years.

Once my lady gets a new car I'll be free to do whatever I want to mine. It just worries me with the weather changing because the longer this goes with at least the weather seal not being fixed the worse, and more expensive, the problems will become.

DangerMouse

At the dealer for oil change and an inspection of my sunroof. In addition to the water stains issues that have existed for a while my weather seal on the rearward side of the glass has a chunk missing. It's much smaller on the inside of the car but it's still going to freely let water in.

I’ve been saying since the day i bought mine that i want a carbon fiber panel to replace the entire sunroof assembly. It is a very popular mod with bmw’s. I found some old posts and articles of a company that made one but that was 2013 or 2014 for a SEMA car, was before i bought the car. They seem to no longer be in business.

Business6

Yes, sir. Wasnt too bad but isnt my first rodeo with heat extraction devices.

One thing that does bug me is the directions from Verus. Not very good in my opinion.
Ballsy. I'd love to get some installed but I can't do it myself and I'm sure a shop would charge a hefty amount. Did you do any temperature or anything like that beforehand?

I’ve been saying since the day i bought mine that i want a carbon fiber panel to replace the entire sunroof assembly. It is a very popular mod with bmw’s. I found some old posts and articles of a company that made one but that was 2013 or 2014 for a SEMA car, was before i bought the car. They seem to no longer be in business.
If given the exact dimensions I'm sure someone could fab it

I’d love to remove mine. I’d get this panel. How much you think a body shop would charge to swap roofs? Lol too much probably.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-roof-panel-ae8z5850202b

Business6

kevinatfms

I’d love to remove mine. I’d get this panel. How much you think a body shop would charge to swap roofs? Lol too much probably.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-roof-panel-ae8z5850202b
Figure about 10 hours minimum. Then add bonding agent/sealant, paint and some other specialty materials. It gets stupid expensive. Then you have to get a new headliner...etc to finish the interior.

I actually helped to swap in a "glass" roof into a Mustang back around 2008 when i worked at a Ford dealer. Customer bought a kit from CDC or Shelby(cant remember who made it exactly but one of the big Ford accessory partners). Body shop and I had to do a ton of work to it to get the factory roof panel removed. They removed the original skin, bonded a new frame in place and then bonded in the "glass" roof panel - which i think was actually some kind of gorilla glass or something. Then the sail guards had to get repainted to match.

Customer also got the Whipple kit on his 4.6 3 valve which was pretty sick. Even with the garbage CARB approved tune it hauled ass.

IMG_1143.jpg
Oil change but no matter what I do the dipstick comes out looking like this. I put in 4 quarts then about 200ml of another quart and was wondering if this level is ok or how you guys read this stupid dipstick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk