Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

But still if anyone could let me know if 4.25 quarts is ok. I was on an incline when I drained and also did a replacement filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haste

1000 Post Club
But still if anyone could let me know if 4.25 quarts is ok. I was on an incline when I drained and also did a replacement filter

I've always added just over 4 quarts when changing oil/filter and have never had a problem. The dipsticks on my '15 and '17 have always read slightly overfull with that amount. I don't sweat it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 34450
Oil change but no matter what I do the dipstick comes out looking like this. I put in 4 quarts then about 200ml of another quart and was wondering if this level is ok or how you guys read this stupid dipstick.

I just fill it to about a millimeter or two above that MAX 'ledge', (given that I'm checking it BEFORE the even bigger than an FL400S capacity oversize filter I use absorbs whatever amount).

Then I drive it a bit, and if it's low, bring it back up to that same slightly above the MAX level, since if one corners hard with somewhat sticky tires, a tiny overfill is going to help more than hurt (unless you are fortunate enough to have a dry sump system installed, or at least a Canton/Accusump oil accumulator). [wink]

I drained 150-200ml just to be safe since I’m gonna go do some “sight seeing” in the country side later tonite. I always carry an extra quart with me so worst case scenario I can fill more. (I’m just really picky about this stuff guess that’s what happens when Your math major lol)

I wipe the dipstick multiple times to get it as dry as possible. Then when I pull it out, I hold it horizontal at eye level in the light to see where the wet stops. I fill mine to exactly midway in the indentation. I don't have an OCC so I figure I don't want extra in there adding to the oil mist in my intake.

Finally! Been waiting to do this ceramic window tint since I bought her:

It's 20% all around, but with the white paint, the huge greenhouse and only a partially black interior it looks quite a lot lighter. Perfect for me though, as long as nobody asks what percentage it is [sweat]
Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Last week's worth of updates. At 34k miles and my passengers side blend door started clicking. Got that and finally the evap purge valve fixed under warranty, only 1 fill up so far and it hasn't sputtered which is awesome. I also pulled the trigger on an AP finally, got a great deal with a couple pre-loaded maps on it used by basically the exact same mods as I have. Ran the Cobb OTS stage 2 for a week, not impressed, there was no perceivable difference between stock tune and stage 2 with my mods. After I got it back from the dealer a couple days ago, my rear brake pads were at 1mm :censored:. Tried to order some through work but they wouldn't get here until next Wednesday. Emailed Fswerks in Anaheim, got an email back at 9:45 pm about their stock, showed up the next morning and Raffi hooked me up with the Stoptech semi-metallic rears. Installed them last night, then loaded up the Stratified 91 flash tune w/o crackles, and oh man that's more like it. Throttle response is top notch, the extra boost (25.7 vs 21.6 PSI) is definitely noticeable. And launch control at 2700 rpm is money.

EDIT: the top boost I've seen is actually ~26.3

Last edited:
Transferred the ST emblem to the “correct” side.
Removed old adhesive from the paint with wd40 and spray wax. Then removed adhesive from the back of the emblem with wd40 then sanded down smooth. Cleaned everything with alcohol and applied 3M tape. Lined and measured everything up with painters tape going off a reference photo before final install.
There is now balance in the force and my OCD enjoyed doing this lol.

Installed the ST200 airbox. No pics because now that its in it looks stock.

I also installed an AFE dry flow filter. These are rather new to our cars but have been available for years in others. I've used them on other cars and I'm a big fan. No oil to deal with and the filter nearly or just as good as the stock paper filter. They dont flow as well as oiled, but still better than paper. Its a good trade off between good flow and proper filtration. IMO of course

I took a couple pics comparing it to the stock filter incase anyone is interested

IMG_3171.JPG
IMG_3161.JPG

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I also installed an AFE dry flow filter. These are rather new to our cars but have been available for years in others. I've used them on other cars and I'm a big fan. No oil to deal with and the filter nearly or just as good as the stock paper filter. They dont flow as well as oiled, but still better than paper. Its a good trade off between good flow and proper filtration. IMO of course

I took a couple pics comparing it to the stock filter incase anyone is interested

View attachment 34480
View attachment 34481
Where did you route the intake hose?

I want to get Ron's driver's side fog light delete, bell mouth inlet to attach it to, but I do not want to have to pull the bumper cover off to install it.

Has anyone installed theirs with the bumper cover on?

I have that same aFe dry flow filter, but I am using the factory Motorcraft for now.
(And yes, I was impressed with the one in my LS1 4th gen Z28's air box as well. [wink]

Its tucked into the fender well above the fog light for now. I dont want to lose my fog lights so I'm exploring other options.
I have the velossa tech big mouth too so I'm not too concerned about getting it in any kind of ram air like position. But if I find something I like I'll give it a shot

Spork1569

View attachment 34480
View attachment 34481
Glad to see it found it's new home so soon lol

Ford Community Posts