Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Finally made the drive back from VA to AZ, totaling 4,987 miles in 15 days. The car performed almost flawlessly(aside from cutting a tire, not the car's fault) and averaged 35mpg at speeds between 70-80mph. [driving]
View attachment 41569

Some things that I've realized need to be corrected on the car ASAP:

-The stock headlights suck and I need to just order the Hella Euro Headlights. :LOL:
-The stock horn sucks and needs an upgrade, which will likely be Hella too.
-The stock radiator is insufficient for Arizona now that we are seeing 100*+ days here in Prescott.

On the way home, there is a 7% Grade 8 Mile long pass on I-17 South that climbs out of the Verde Valley of Camp Verde, AZ. The ambient temp while climbing the pass was 101*. By the time I began to crest the pass, the coolant temp hit 225* without the AC on at 70mph in 5th Gear. Needless to say, I ordered a Mountune Triple Pass Radiator as soon as I got home! [clap]
View attachment 41570

Also, some goodies for the car came in while I was out of town:

Picked up a set of Rear Camber Plates from @Dpro. I'm gonna prime and paint them prior to installation to avoid rust! ;)
View attachment 41571

Also my Boosted Designs Red Back Lit Dead Pedal came in! [biggrin]
View attachment 41572

Since the car performed so well during the road trip, I decided to reward it with a fresh engine oil and gearbox oil change since I just turned 16,400 miles! [twothumb]
View attachment 41573
View attachment 41574

It's also getting a full detail inside and out tomorrow to reset it back to fresh status. :LOL::love:
I wonder if BD can make that ST logo yellow instead of red on his dead pedal, ive had it sitting in my cart and i havent asked lol

Well I didn't do it but I had some friends wrap my car, super happy with how it came out.

IMG_6287.JPG
IMG_6285.JPG
IMG_6301.JPG IMG_6298.JPG
IMG_6304.JPG
IMG_6303.JPG
IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6297.JPG

Oh I also did the black emblems (front/rear/steering wheel). Very subtle change but I like it.
IMG_6322.JPG
IMG_6326.JPG

Also after looking at the pics I noticed my front plate was not in the bottom clips, I fixed it. Sorry for the image spam I am just happy with how it turned out.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I didn't do it but I had some friends wrap my car, super happy with how it came out.

View attachment 41582
View attachment 41583
View attachment 41585 View attachment 41584
View attachment 41586
View attachment 41587
View attachment 41588
View attachment 41589

Oh I also did the black emblems (front/rear/steering wheel). Very subtle change but I like it.
View attachment 41591
View attachment 41594

Also after looking at the pics I noticed my front plate was not in the bottom clips, I fixed it. Sorry for the image spam I am just happy with how it turned out.
How much did that set you back with a Friends and family price?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

How much did that set you back with a Friends and family price?

I paid $2k for everything, materials and labor, might sound expensive to some but for Los Angeles its quite reasonable.

Also I just went in the garage and polished my exhaust tips with some Bar Keepers Friend. After looking at those pics I noticed they were a bit sooty.

I paid $2k for everything, materials and labor, might sound expensive to some but for Los Angeles its quite reasonable.

Also I just went in the garage and polished my exhaust tips with some Bar Keepers Friend. After looking at those pics I noticed they were a bit sooty.
I love how you left the roof and mirrors gloss black, it looks so good! :love:(y)

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

View attachment 41582
View attachment 41583
View attachment 41585 View attachment 41584
View attachment 41586
View attachment 41587
View attachment 41588
View attachment 41589

View attachment 41591
View attachment 41594

Did you gloss clear coat paint, or do some sort of gloss SiO2/ceramic coating on the satin black Dekagrams?? [dunno]

I love how you left the roof and mirrors gloss black, it looks so good! :love:(y)
Thanks yea I wanted to mix it up a bit. I also did a few other parts in black, lower section on the front and rear bumper, a little strip on the hatch, and the door handles. Oh and the spoiler cutouts are black inside. Really happy with how it all turned out.

Did you gloss clear coat paint, or do some sort of gloss SiO2/ceramic coating on the satin black Dekagrams?? [dunno]
No nothing special just some Optimum No Rinse, I live in LA and we have crazy drought restrictions over the years so I’ve adapted to using waterless wash systems.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
In preparation for the radiator install I picked up a new/spare drain plug and two containers of coolant. Just need to get a container to put the old fluid (which isn't old at all, maybe 2 years from the recall) and I'm ready to go this weekend.
About time!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
-The stock headlights suck and I need to just order the Hella Euro Headlights. :LOL:
-The stock horn sucks and needs an upgrade, which will likely be Hella too.
-The stock radiator is insufficient for Arizona now that we are seeing 100*+ days here in Prescott.

On the way home, there is a 7% Grade 8 Mile long pass on I-17 South that climbs out of the Verde Valley of Camp Verde, AZ. The ambient temp while climbing the pass was 101*. By the time I began to crest the pass, the coolant temp hit 225* without the AC on at 70mph in 5th Gear. Needless to say, I ordered a Mountune Triple Pass Radiator as soon as I got home! [clap]

I agree the stock halogen headlamps are poor, but my stock dual-horn sounds pretty good. What's your specific complaint? Volume or sound or both?

When I blocked off some 60% of the radiator on the motorcycle, it would only climb above 218F if on the highway where the RPMs are high. Best thing to do is shift to sixth gear and drop your RPMs. I know you're thinking that the waterpump will cycle the coolant faster but adding more explosions won't help if the radiator isn't keeping up. Less time in the radiator core may have the opposite impact.

Just a curiosity thing, what's the dead-pedal for? Do people rest their foot there or is it just purely aesthetic?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I agree the stock halogen headlamps are poor, but my stock dual-horn sounds pretty good. What's your specific complaint? Volume or sound or both?

When I blocked off some 60% of the radiator on the motorcycle, it would only climb above 218F if on the highway where the RPMs are high. Best thing to do is shift to sixth gear and drop your RPMs. I know you're thinking that the waterpump will cycle the coolant faster but adding more explosions won't help if the radiator isn't keeping up. Less time in the radiator core may have the opposite impact.

Just a curiosity thing, what's the dead-pedal for? Do people rest their foot there or is it just purely aesthetic?
It adds a slightly better surface for your foot but its nothing like a true pedal, provides protection so the fabric doesnt wear out. It does a better job at aesthetics than as an actual dead pedal though.

I don't believe my car has stock dual horns, last time I was in there, I only saw one! My complaint is definitely volume. During my road trip across the country, I can't tell you how many times people drift over into the left lane while you're passing them, including truckers which is largely terrifying in a small car. :LOL:

The Mountune Triple Pass Radiator seems like the best solution for the higher temps that we see out here in AZ. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll experiment with water/coolant/additive mixtures and worst case scenario pull the VelossaTech Big Mouth off of the car, though I'd rather not. ;)

I bought the BD Back-lit Dead Pedal to have a good place to rest my foot that doesn't wear through the carpet over time. It's also pretty dark in the area where the Dead Pedal is and I always end up banging my feet around when driving at night, so I figure a little extra light to the left of the pedal box will help. Also, it looks cool! :LOL:(y)