Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I don't believe my car has stock dual horns, last time I was in there, I only saw one! My complaint is definitely volume. During my road trip across the country, I can't tell you how many times people drift over into the left lane while you're passing them, including truckers which is largely terrifying in a small car. [emoji38]

The Mountune Triple Pass Radiator seems like the best solution for the higher temps that we see out here in AZ. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll experiment with water/coolant/additive mixtures and worst case scenario pull the VelossaTech Big Mouth off of the car, though I'd rather not. ;)

I bought the BD Back-lit Dead Pedal to have a good place to rest my foot that doesn't wear through the carpet over time. It's also pretty dark in the area where the Dead Pedal is and I always end up banging my feet around when driving at night, so I figure a little extra light to the left of the pedal box will help. Also, it looks cool! [emoji38](y)
My 2019 only has one. I too, saw in others' pics they have two. Thanks furd.

I was not prepared to add the second horn (to the driver's side) when I did the IC. Now it will be a pain to add it and run the wire, but I'm not removing the nose just for it.

I added two horns to my motorcycle just in front of the radiator and they were pointing downward at a forty-five degree angle to each side of the bike. They were specifically for those Lane changers you speak of.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@Overland History & @flbchbm - Yeah that single horn thing is curious. I wonder how common that is and whether the "premium horn" was some sort of option or apart of some feature package? Both horns are mounted on the same side, memory serving. I doubt Ford went through the expense of changing the wire gauge and fuse just to add a second horn. You'll likely be just fine with tapping the existing wire harnesses. I also wired up two additional horns with my stocker for my motorcycle. They were Slimline PIAA if memory serves. The original wiring and switch was only designed to support the one horn so I added a relay to support the additional power draw.

Mikey456

I finally got my Dunlop Direzza Z3 tires installed. I took them down some windy roads. I’m just breaking them in but they seem to stick well. They are not as sharp with the turn in as the 205 size Falkens I had, but they grip as well or better. I’m also still on the stock wheels (which I prefer)

View attachment 41613

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
@Overland History & @flbchbm - Yeah that single horn thing is curious. I wonder how common that is and whether the "premium horn" was some sort of option or apart of some feature package? Both horns are mounted on the same side, memory serving. I doubt Ford went through the expense of changing the wire gauge and fuse just to add a second horn. You'll likely be just fine with tapping the existing wire harnesses. I also wired up two additional horns with my stocker for my motorcycle. They were Slimline PIAA if memory serves. The original wiring and switch was only designed to support the one horn so I added a relay to support the additional power draw.
Yep, added the relay to the bike. Two Volvo horns from the junkyard. I already have a spare horn for the FiST, but no time to put it in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

Cleaned up the back where my subwoofer is. No one ever will see it but it will look decent now if someone does.
After
Looks good! You don't worry about not running a spare?

What size sub is that? I've been wanting to get that in-tire woofer to get the best of both worlds.

Looks good! You don't worry about not running a spare?

What size sub is that? I've been wanting to get that in-tire woofer to get the best of both worlds.
A bit worried but this car is so small had to sacrifice something. Plus I have free towing with geico if we do have a issue.

This one is the kicker 8 inch L7T. Thin mount box and sub for trucks and small spaces.

Cleaned up the back where my subwoofer is. No one ever will see it but it will look decent now if someone does. View attachment 41622

After

View attachment 41623
After seeing that 3M in the pic

Does everyone here utilize that pocket in the trunk under the cargo cover? if so, what do you guys put in there?

Business6

Taking my time on the radiator install to let my back and shoulders rest when they can. Fan shroud was a bitch to remove but it's all out now. I didn't realize the lower hose went under the alternator, though, which makes it slightly more complicated to install the mountune hose. IIRC the alternator just has 3 12mm bolts and it can move enough? Anyhow, I'll finish it tomorrow I think
IMG_20210626_150029198.jpg IMG_20210626_152457931.jpg

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
After seeing that 3M in the pic

Does everyone here utilize that pocket in the trunk under the cargo cover? if so, what do you guys put in there?
Under the hard deck lid/on top of the spare? I put the draw bar, locking and regular hitch pins, cooler bag and regular large bags for Costco, yoga mat for getting 'under' the car if I break down, a few rags, some rope, bungee cords, etc. I have leftover space if I need it.
If you mean the left and ride SIDE pockets, I put my neon green and orange emergency vest, gloves, hat and regular work gloves. I have come across a few accidents and directing traffic helps tremendously after emergency first aid when needed.

Last edited:

Business6

With putting the fan shroud back in with the mountune radiator install there's a significant gap between the fins and the fan. The top and bottom tabs for the shroud line up as they should where, for example, if I try to get the bottom ones in any deeper the top ones wouldn't work.

On the passenger side the shroud has more room to work with but, with the tabs, I can't get any space to move the shroud towards the driver's side and get the shroud to sit flush. The dimensions are just off and I can't figure it out. There's no way this can operate effectively without being flush against the fins. IMG_20210627_115837776.jpg IMG_20210627_120413796.jpg

First photo is showing the driver's side misalignment and the second is looking up from underneath to show the gap

Here's another showing the bottom tabs for the shroud which, to me, don't look like they're in deep enough at all but, again, even if I could it would mean the top tabs are going to be short of where they need to be
IMG_20210627_123836427.jpg

Last edited:
Getting prepared to put it back on the road by a good car wash!
I put on the Mountune B7 kit and Mountune radiator back in April. Ordered Hybrid Turbo in April. Been sitting on the driveway since then.
Finally received emal yesterday it's on the way!!! Already has Dizzy Hybrid tune loaded up with initial tune. I really really miss driving it!

Attachments

Business6

I think I got it all worked out. Wasn't able to install the coolant hoses, though, as I didn't want to create more potential points of failure before getting the radiator installed. Let it idle to about 170º and I'll take it for a drive later when I've decompressed, lol.

Business6

Sawpped out my ST 200 box and Green filter for this RamAir beast. The filter is absurdly huge. Fit well, sounds 90% more silly.

View attachment 41680
View attachment 41677
I have that intake and it's so goddamn loud and I love it. I still want to try the peron/itg one. Supposedly it's quite loud, too, just in a far better spot.

The ITG is probably the best spot for an open intake. This a close second with a large heatshield and being down lower in the bumper. I still think for pure performance the semi closed ST200 box or Mountune/Cobb etc is the best design.

I wanted more obnoxious noise and this is definitely that. Gonna keep my ST200 box for a while in case this gets annoying fast. Which it might. Sounds bananas though.

Business6

Drove to work today, about 25 miles, after the radiator install. Peak coolant temp was 202 with the AC on at 75 which is a 20° drop from last week. It stayed at 192-195 otherwise and when I came to a stop (AC off) the temps dropped down to 187, which surprised me.

The oil temps would reach 220-230 on the same drive and hit a peak of 218 today. What was an even bigger surprise was the oil temp plummeting at the same stop from 208 to 182. It almost *never* goes back under 200. I'd still prefer to have an oil cooler and mechanical gauge for oil temps but oh well

Last edited: