Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

With putting the fan shroud back in with the mountune radiator install there's a significant gap between the fins and the fan. The top and bottom tabs for the shroud line up as they should where, for example, if I try to get the bottom ones in any deeper the top ones wouldn't work.

On the passenger side the shroud has more room to work with but, with the tabs, I can't get any space to move the shroud towards the driver's side and get the shroud to sit flush. The dimensions are just off and I can't figure it out. There's no way this can operate effectively without being flush against the fins. View attachment 41666 View attachment 41667

First photo is showing the driver's side misalignment and the second is looking up from underneath to show the gap

Here's another showing the bottom tabs for the shroud which, to me, don't look like they're in deep enough at all but, again, even if I could it would mean the top tabs are going to be short of where they need to be
View attachment 41671
Does any1 else have this issue

Got my clutch replaced two days ago, car was a salvage title from California, totaled @ 26k miles. I suspect the prevous owner was not too nice to the poor car.. My new Boomba RMM was installed as well, and right after that I put on my first ever tune! It's just a stage 1, 91 octane dizzy tune that I bought from someone else, but there's still a good difference! Makes me want try buying an e-30 tune..

Bought mudflaps as well, they will be shipped soon. Can't wait to keep modding this beauty of a car.

Last edited:

Business6

Does any1 else have this issue
Part of the problem is that the stock radiator has some gap filler material in place whereas something like the mountune will need self-stick insulation tape. Despite the *excellent* performance thus far from the radiator I still plan on sealing off the sides.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Part of the problem is that the stock radiator has some gap filler material in place whereas something like the mountune will need self-stick insulation tape. Despite the *excellent* performance thus far from the radiator I still plan on sealing off the sides.
But is there really any sticky backed foam insulation tape which can handle 300*F? [dunno]

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
With putting the fan shroud back in with the mountune radiator install there's a significant gap between the fins and the fan. The top and bottom tabs for the shroud line up as they should where, for example, if I try to get the bottom ones in any deeper the top ones wouldn't work.

On the passenger side the shroud has more room to work with but, with the tabs, I can't get any space to move the shroud towards the driver's side and get the shroud to sit flush. The dimensions are just off and I can't figure it out. There's no way this can operate effectively without being flush against the fins. View attachment 41666 View attachment 41667

First photo is showing the driver's side misalignment and the second is looking up from underneath to show the gap

Here's another showing the bottom tabs for the shroud which, to me, don't look like they're in deep enough at all but, again, even if I could it would mean the top tabs are going to be short of where they need to be
View attachment 41671
It's much much much easier if you just remove the entire crash bar assembly as one piece and install everything then bolt it back up. When replacing either the radiator, condenser or fan shroud the service manual details removing the crash bar assembly anyways. It really is the easiest way. I had no issues with install and everything fit perfect.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Filled up.....again. Had to after some clown in his CTS-V Wagon thought it would be fun to try to Race me and when he couldn't catch me and pull away...like he though he could and would...I wish I had the go pro to record the look on his Huge mean sounding exhaust Cadillac face. No one even caught my wax miss between the tail light and the rear quarter! Whoops..ill get my eraser out for that one tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Installed Damond Motorsports passenger side engine mount, now its time to see how it is. I like the design thought the excution could have been better . i.e. a bit heavy and sloppy welds . Though they are done strong enough just really sloppy. I figured I bought it throw it in and see how it is . I can always change it out to another brand if I want 8DC6C28A-F23A-4BA2-B8D8-F9A18EC1973C.jpeg B247F318-75A0-4DBB-AF0F-03DD6F94A251.jpeg

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed Damond Motorsports passenger side engine mount, now its time to see how it is. I like the design thought the excution could have been better . i.e. a bit heavy and sloppy welds . Though they are done strong enough just really sloppy. I figured I bought it through it in and see how it is . I can always change it out to another brand if I want View attachment 41810 View attachment 41811
The only Negative is No third mounting point like with the Vibratechnic...TTR etc.. let us know the vibes with the A/C on also!

Today was oil change day. Four liters of Motul 5w 30 and a new Bosch oil filter. Monday will be new rubber on the OZs for daily driving. A nice fresh set of 660s. Then track days Friday and Saturday.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The only Negative is No third mounting point like with the Vibratechnic...TTR etc.. let us know the vibes with the A/C on also!

vibe with AC not too much different than Vibe without definitely getting a little vibe with it at idle like it transmits through my seats but its not horrible and its a quite vibe lol . otherwise torque steer is all but gone. Of course I am about to flash my e30 tune so I am just doing a drive around for a few miles to mix the gas up in the tank.

brbauer2

Dish soap wash yesterday to strip away any wax left over from 2 years ago (yes, I know, bad paint parent) and did a full pass with the clay bar today.
Pleasantly surprised how clean the paint was for how long I neglected it.....other than the gem pictured below.

Rest of the seam feels decent until the other corner. Hasn't wrapped around to the visible side yet, so going to knock off what I can, clean it up and prime it to help slow down the spread.

I'll do a quick pass of polish tomorrow then wax her up.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Bought a set of KSport coil overs from whoosh last thanksgiving and I just got a chance to put them on. I have it lowered about 3/4” and they ride good so far but haven’t even put 20 miles on them yet so I’ll get an alignment maybe after the springs settle a bit.

Still have a mountune radiator and 180 thermostat waiting to be installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk