Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Just drove about 1 hr from my place to pick up an Injen exhaust used from a Fiesta ST owner. This is getting paired to my already installed COBB downpipe. Should be a relatively easy install on a lift. The guy I bought the exhaust from is building a 500 HP Fiesta on a built block.

1676336634550.png

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also used sandpaper to smooth mine out. Im definitely going to look for replacements though. For the time being I just used plenty of brake grease.
For anyone who doesn’t know yet, I would definitely recommend checking the slide pins to make sure they’re properly lubricated.
CRC Silaramic grease good up to 3K degrees*

KXNGABE85

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
That's on my wish list as well, curious to hear your experience with it.
So i can confirm the following: car no longer vibrates or stutters at startup or idle. Driving is overall smoother and shifts have also improved. Refilled the car with 93, (Dizzy stage 1) no stalling or indication of stalling. The previous evap I was running had a bad purge solenoid, I have been running the car for awhile like this resulting in a p0454 code after fill ups constantly. Also after fill ups before the change I would see 350 mile range on a full tank, today it read 496! So very happy with the evap change. As far as the induction house, I can notice a slight increase in throttle response but nothing major.

Dialcaliper

So after giving advice on “standard” snow tire sizes, of course I do something different 🤨
Hunted around like mad to find new Continental TS870 snow tires and ended up buying a wheel/tire set from Germany… Arrived barely in time for a ski trip last weekend.

195/55R16 tires on 16x6.5 Autech wheels. Just by of 1” larger than stock, so bought an extra 0.5” of ground clearance which worked great. No TPMS but I’ll work that out later.

Went with ET38 instead of standard ET47.5 and happy I did - instead of the tire centered, the outer tire face is almost exactly aligned with where the OEM wheel face is, so the spokes have more brake clearance to leave space for an upgrade.

Happy to report no rubbing or torque steer issues (on stock height suspension currently) even with the larger tires. (Haven’t tested with chains on yet though). It’s possible a lowered car might have some issues

I did however take the opportunity to replace the rally armor mud flap locknuts with the thinnest stainless ones I could find, then chopped the studs off. Went from exactly 1/4” of tire clearance to nearly 3/8”.

The Super Z6 cable chains claim they work in 6.3mm of clearance, but cutting it that close made me a little queasy, so some piece of mind that I’m less likely to rip the mudflaps off if for some reason I have to put them on to pass a chain restriction checkpoint even with the 3-peak tires.

Car and tires were a champ through wet, slush, light snow and even glare ice. I’m glad I stuck it out and paid through the nose for them. Almost dissapointed there wasn’t more wheel spin 🤣

Missed the chance to take a dirty FiST picture, but snapped a couple before the trip after modifying the locknuts

Attachments

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So after giving advice on “standard” snow tire sizes, of course I do something different 🤨
Hunted around like mad to find new Continental TS870 snow tires and ended up buying a wheel/tire set from Germany… Arrived barely in time for a ski trip last weekend.

195/55R16 tires on 16x6.5 Autech wheels. Just by of 1” larger than stock, so bought an extra 0.5” of ground clearance which worked great. No TPMS but I’ll work that out later.

Went with ET38 instead of standard ET47.5 and happy I did - instead of the tire centered, the outer tire face is almost exactly aligned with where the OEM wheel face is, so the spokes have more brake clearance to leave space for an upgrade.

Happy to report no rubbing or torque steer issues (on stock height suspension currently) even with the larger tires. (Haven’t tested with chains on yet though). It’s possible a lowered car might have some issues

I did however take the opportunity to replace the rally armor mud flap locknuts with the thinnest stainless ones I could find, then chopped the studs off. Went from exactly 1/4” of tire clearance to nearly 3/8”.

The Super Z6 cable chains claim they work in 6.3mm of clearance, but cutting it that close made me a little queasy, so some piece of mind that I’m less likely to rip the mudflaps off if for some reason I have to put them on to pass a chain restriction checkpoint even with the 3-peak tires.

Car and tires were a champ through wet, slush, light snow and even glare ice. I’m glad I stuck it out and paid through the nose for them. Almost dissapointed there wasn’t more wheel spin 🤣

Missed the chance to take a dirty FiST picture, but snapped a couple before the trip after modifying the locknuts
I have to do the very same to my Rally Armor front mounting hardware, but for my now year round 205/50-16 Neo Gens on Dekagram setup.

Ironically, given factory ride height/suspension; my serious winter/rally worker 195/60-15 General Arctic 12s on 15x7 Methods NEVER EVER rubbed on the full RA front hardware, no matter how much compression in the suspension, braking or turning over vicious bumps (while driving down gravel rally stages).

But those wheels are an ET48, so inboard maybe a bit more than those Autechs are? [dunno]

But, that setup, as well as the much wider Neo Gen setup, are ('only') ~24.1"-24.2" tall, and not the 24.4" height of those Contis (also on a narrower wheel as well) so it is the narrower; wheel, section width, and tread width of the General setup which 'saved' them from getting cut by that hardware.

Last edited:
Backup camera installed and working.

Also installed a Kenwood PWS8 subwoofer, it doesn't quite fit under the seats but I have a dog hammock covering the rear wheel wells so its just sitting down there. Its not quite as good as a proper component build but still adds a nice kick to the stereo. If I were doing it again I’d do a 10” sub so read into that what you will.

Attachments

Time for state inspection and had a CEL from my EVAP harness. Ordered a new one from Tasca, forgot mine's modified from running the MAPerformance intake I purchased from here awhile back. Spliced the modified section from the old EVAP harness into the new one (which coincidentally also got rid of the crushed sections of line from Tasca shipping it in an absolutely tiny box) and now we're good! A few laps around some usual routes until I saw the EVAP showing ready on the AP and $30 later through the Ford quicklane my ST is ready for property tax! :ROFLMAO:

I thought it might be a bigger pain in the ass to get the system readiness to pop but it wasn't bad at all. I know there's a post around here detailing driving habits / scenarios required for all the systems. My hunch was higher gear loading around middle range RPM's which absolutely did the trick. Flashed back to my AdaptX tune last night since I'm back on 93 for a week (just because) and that setup a good environment to be swapping these parts around. Again, so happy this thing is so simple.

Also had the opportunity to check out the ST on a lift while they had it. Crash repair damage has been holding up great. I still drive it way to hard and other than some heavy brake wear everything is rock solid. Gave me a better chance to check out general corrosion too since my Fiesta was literally buried in snow coming from salt to get to me. Also not bad! The exahust tunnel brace is pretty gnarly but everything else is better than expected (except my hood).

Last edited:

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Did some maintenance and got my sons involved, gotta teach them young. Changed out a couple of bulbs, checked clamps, cleaned up the engine bay, etc. We also swapped out the cabin filter and I either did it the hard way or I need to fight the engineer who designed the filter box access.

My son (age 9) got to the filter door but had trouble with two screws, so I had to step in and assist. I also had to handle the filters, which he has done on his mom's Civic.

Installed my Tarox BBK. Only thing right after I took it for a test drive the brakes developed a very bad squeal. When I’m coming to a stop foot on the pedal lightly it will squeal bad. Also per the bed in instructions doing stops from 50 mph down to 30 also makes a squeal. Double checked everything and everything is good. The brakes work wonderfully it’s just the squeal that kills it

Attachments

Erick_V

Changed my oil, rotated my tires, check pad thickness and reinstalled my windshield washer bottle. Getting the car inspected this week. Also cleaned the inside of the car but still need to wash the outside. Haven't washed the car since July, been too busy and everytime I get the time rain is forecasted within a couple days. I'll take some good before and after pictures when I get around to washing the car, it'll be a huge difference lol