Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I have the Capital One Shopping app installed on my browser. It tracks purchases and any time I shop and when I purchase using the app's coupons it finds. Over the last few weeks as I researched tires at Tire Rack for myself and someone else on the forum that was looking for all season tires, each day after I'd research tires I'd get an email from Capital One Shopping showing a tire I'd looked at and offering a discount if I clicked the link in the email and completed the purchase within 24 hours. At first the discount offered was 3.5%, then $29.38, then last week it was offering 30% back. The rebates were available at Tire Rack (or any Firestone/Bridgestone dealer) last week, so I pulled the trigger. The total rewards was $220.78 from Capital One. The tires themselvers were $595 after rebate. After the Capital One rewards, they were $374.22 for the set. Retail from the BigO Tires across the street from my shop is $808 for the set.
Damn sounds like everyone needs a capitol one card. That's a big win as far as I'm concerned.

I have the Capital One Shopping app installed on my browser. It tracks purchases and any time I shop and when I purchase using the app's coupons it finds. Over the last few weeks as I researched tires at Tire Rack for myself and someone else on the forum that was looking for all season tires, each day after I'd research tires I'd get an email from Capital One Shopping showing a tire I'd looked at and offering a discount if I clicked the link in the email and completed the purchase within 24 hours. At first the discount offered was 3.5%, then $29.38, then last week it was offering 30% back. The rebates were available at Tire Rack (or any Firestone/Bridgestone dealer) last week, so I pulled the trigger. The total rewards was $220.78 from Capital One. The tires themselvers were $595 after rebate. After the Capital One rewards, they were $374.22 for the set. Retail from the BigO Tires across the street from my shop is $808 for the set.
Dude that’s steal! I need to hop on and grab a set of tires for winter!

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Dude that’s steal! I need to hop on and grab a set of tires for winter!
Unfortunately the rebate ended yesterday. And if you haven't been using the Capital One Shopping app for a while they won't offer you the rewards I got.

A $125 Yokohama rebate just started today, but unfortunately it is only on offroad and all season tires for SUVs, not the Advan Fleva V701.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
^^^YIKES!!

HOW many miles/years on those??
Not sure. Previous owner did coilovers a couple thousand miles ago, hard to believe the originals were left in but idk. When I had my 2019, I pulled out the stock ones after about 800 (eight hundred) miles and they looked horrible. Not this bad, but still bad.

FINALLY got the Mountune crossover installed. I had never pulled off the cowl but it was pretty painless! Also fixed the routing for the coolant return line running near the intake. At some point I had let it slip out of it’s plastic holder and it was loosely shifting around. Nice looking setup! Just a little bit more noise which is always fun. :giggle:

30782BBF-1D62-42F6-9ADB-1315DDBDC1CF.jpeg
3E4D880D-CD15-4370-B090-732E4E9EB78C.jpeg

Washed it!

Also pinched myself a thousand times that I managed to find the cheapest Fiesta ST in Australia (by a mile) and that it's perfect - $9k AUD (about $6k USD), 110k km (68k mi), full service history from a Ford dealer, not written off or any evidence of repaired accident damage, 5 months rego (costs about $500 here), good tyres, full bolt ons from good, expensive brands (ITG, Mishimoto, Milltek, etc.), Peron stage 2 pro tune, no mechanical issues, great cosmetic condition... the more I drive it the less I can believe it, I'm sort of waiting for it to spontaneously blow up to explain why he was selling it so cheap.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Washed it!

Also pinched myself a thousand times that I managed to find the cheapest Fiesta ST in Australia (by a mile) and that it's perfect - $9k AUD (about $6k USD) low-ish km, not written off, 5 months rego (costs about $500 here), good tyres, full bolt ons with good, expensive brands, Peron stage 2 pro tune, no mechanical issues, great cosmetic condition... the more I drive it the less I can believe it, I'm sort of waiting for it to spontaneously blow up to explain why he was selling it so cheap.
HUH?!?!
$6K USD?! [crazyeye]
They basically paid YOU to take that car!! [twothumb]

I made a Carbon fiber heat shield for the 2j racing side exit I put on. Not really stoked on how it came out I have another piece that I’m going to cut and curve to match the oval of the exhaust. I also installed a Whoosh V3 intercooler, and some LED fog lights.

Attachments

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Replaced the evap harness - no signs of trouble but I noticed it had been repaired. Had an almost new one on the shelf so swapped it. Also installed a passenger side motor mount. Left it open to make room for the pro alloy overflow tank once my radiator hoses come in.

20230402_213829.jpg 20230402_215330.jpg

These seats were worth the wait! Almost got scammed on a different set. For this set I went on an 8 hr drive to get them. Totally worth the drive. The seat harness swapped over easily from my stock drivers seat and the passenger seat was plug and play. Next up is a heated seat wire kit from OEMKITS....

1680490391007.png

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
These seats were worth the wait! Almost got scammed on a different set. For this set I went on an 8 hr drive to get them. Totally worth the drive. The seat harness swapped over easily from my stock drivers seat and the passenger seat was plug and play. Next up is a heated seat wire kit from OEMKITS....

View attachment 54808
I have buttons if you need them.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Weather suddenly warmed up today (86 this afternoon after 38 this morning) and looks like it's staying good so off came the winter tires. This will be the last stint for the original RE050As....might go another month or two before they're down to the nubs.

The left front hub centric ring was missing when I took that wheel off. I haven't taken the wheels off since I put the winters on last fall. That can only mean that they took that wheel off when they did the oil change last month. Probably not much hope they still have it (dealer).
Fiesta tire change 4.23.jpg

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did this. I also got an AP and a dizzy tune, I am going hybrid turbo next month. Hoping to get a 12 second daily driver out of it. Exciting stuff. These cars are a blast to own/drive.

View attachment 54702
Did you Buy a Flywheel? They are Should not be reused and a lot of Machine shops will not machine the old one due to one time use*

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks for this tip. Just got an email for 21% back. Weird amount but I'll take it.

Installed my Whoosh catted downpipe on Friday. Battled plenty of rust, yet somehow none of the bolts snapped. Replaced the turbo-downpipe bolts with ARP studs and replaced the o2 sensors. Downpipe with the Cobb catback sounds great under acceleration and is relatively quiet at 55 mph and 75 mph. Replaced the rear upper spring pads with the Whoosh variant on Saturday morning. Wanted to swap out for my summer Dekagrams, but I was missing a hub ring that I think Discount Tire accidentally kept.

Downpipe.jpg Pads.jpg