Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I’m sure the base shifter bushings are quality enough, but how’s the difference/ improvement. 1 being Can’t Hardly Tell/ Appreciate, 5 being Top Notch Night and Day.
the shifter base bushings really shouldn't be judged apart from the transmission cable bracket bushings. to answer your question: a solid 1 for me on feel alone. but paired with a short shift kit and the transmission cable bracket bushings? i'd say a 3 or 4. all that said, i'd still recommend the shifter base bushing upgrade because it's really straightforward and helps you to get to know your car without risking breaking anything that will keep you from driving your car. if you want to feel safe, buy a bunch of the the plastic white tabs. that's really the only thing that can break in the process.

i'm told if i upgrade the transmission oil that is *significant* compared to the bushings/short shifter combo. i'll find out myself later this spring.

Past few days I installed new coilovers, rims and tires, boomba short shifter, boomba shifter base bushings, 2j racing cowl intake, esp downpipe and a new stage 2 tune from Dizzy.

Next up will be a new reverse lockout, New grimspeed knob and a new leather shift boot from redline goods.
IMG_4075.jpeg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
They have for autocross/race compound donuts as far back as I ever remember buying tires from them.

Phil's Tire Service does as well, if you plan to buy any Nankangs/etc. from them. [thumb]
I believe they’ll even let you send them tires from another distributor for heat cycling

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Past few days I installed new coilovers, rims and tires, boomba short shifter, boomba shifter base bushings, 2j racing cowl intake, esp downpipe and a new stage 2 tune from Dizzy.

Next up will be a new reverse lockout, New grimspeed knob and a new leather shift boot from redline goods.
View attachment 54944
Wow, those Acceleras have some major rim lip protectors on them! [thumb]

Again, let us know how they perform in the future, as they are the only higher performance all season rated tire in a 215/45-16 size, anywhere.

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
I’m sure the base shifter bushings are quality enough, but how’s the difference/ improvement. 1 being Can’t Hardly Tell/ Appreciate, 5 being Top Notch Night and Day.
I'd rate the difference/improvement at a 1. Mayyyybe a 1.5? I have the Whoosh shifter cable bracket bushings and the Whoosh short shift adapter that are going on this weekend.

Finally had a chance to work on my car again. put my passenger side and transmission mounts on. I was getting some really bad vibrating doing 50 in 6th gear if I gave any gas. That vibrating is mostly gone now. I'm also getting less torque steer. I still need to do my drivers side motor mount.

1680734226658.png
1680734196432.png

I was thinking about offering up my old Boomba mount for sale but the bushing has started to separate from the insert and has some play in it. I think that was part of the contributing factor to the vibrating I was experiencing.
1680738264931.png

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Finally had a chance to work on my car again. put my passenger side and transmission mounts on. I was getting some really bad vibrating doing 50 in 6th gear if I gave any gas. That vibrating is mostly gone now. I'm also getting less torque steer. I still need to do my drivers side motor mount.
I have the cpe passenger and rear mounts, too. When I installed the passenger mount, the NVH increased significantly (compared to the PowerFlex pineapple that was in there previously). Is your experience the same? Curious whether adding the driver side mount makes it better or worse, so looking forward to your update.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I have the cpe passenger and rear mounts, too. When I installed the passenger mount, the NVH increased significantly (compared to the PowerFlex pineapple that was in there previously). Is your experience the same? Curious whether adding the driver side mount makes it better or worse, so looking forward to your update.
Granted I have powerflex race inserts on each of them, but the drivers side added way more NVH than the passenger.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've wondered just what is the actual, experienced NVH difference between the CP-E and the Vibra-Technics passenger side mounts, regardless of the durometer difference between the two. [dunno]

My stock mount was bad as was the boomba mount so I was getting an insane amount of vibrating before I installed the CPE mounts. I still get some vibrating but it has significantly decreased since I opted for the 55A over the 75A mounts.