Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Getting the carpet out was fun. Apparently they install the carpet before they install the Dash AC system, or most of the stuff down the tunnel, as it is connected at the top edge, cant get it out cleanly.

Also, does anyone know why the service manual shows that the bolts that mount the seats are single use? Seems odd given the size and low torque rating.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Getting the carpet out was fun. Apparently they install the carpet before they install the Dash AC system, or most of the stuff down the tunnel, as it is connected at the top edge, cant get it out cleanly.

Also, does anyone know why the service manual shows that the bolts that mount the seats are single use? Seems odd given the size and low torque rating.
I don’t know why, but I’ve reused the seat bolts several times with no issues.
Can you take some more pictures of the interior with the carpet out? I’ve always been curious how it looks. Do you plan to leave the carpet out or are you just trying to clean up water?

These are the other shots I took. It is back together now, got the drivers seat in right at sundown. Got a new carpet last week, as the one in the car was pretty funky at it apparently had been leaking for a while.

I cleaned the entire pan, used clorox wipes the rear pan areas to deal with any mold, as the seam sealer had mildew, etc. Also found a few small rusty areas due to the water being in there, so wired those clean and hit those spots with rust reformer. Prob sounds like too much but use this as my daily and want it to last a while.

Don't have any 'after' shots once all cleaned up, was running out of daylight.

Now on to an S280 install with all the other accoutrements. Well, after I fix the garage door and clean out the garage...meh.

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
New rotors and pads today. I think I left my old ones on for a little too long. Also put the summer wheels back on since we're hardly getting any snow in Michigan this year.

View attachment 60415
I'm REALLY DEBATING on installing my Summers too* But then again i dont wanna get caught with my pants down with some Snow in March here in MN because it does happen.

Dialcaliper

Do they have a blue lock patch on the threads? If so, the thread locking feature might be one use, but the bolts are probably just fine. You could achieve the same thing with some medium strength loctite.

Stupid to replace a whole bolt for something like that, but I can imagine the service manual isn’t keen on technicians gooping loctite on things, and a union technician futzing around for 5 minutes on the clock with a bottle of loctite is probably more expensive than a new bolt.

Usually with stuff like that, it’s worth keeping in mind that the service manuals are written for a factory or dealer setting, not for people who work on their own cars

Back on the 16‘s. Feels great, from my perspective and a few discerning passengers. Gearing up for a PSMM and RMM replacement / upgrade to get the last things sorted out for my tastes. Want to tackle a FORScan assisted full brake bleed soon as well. The Fleva’s feel much better than the Indy 500‘s I ran a few sets of in the 300TW range. Local shop my parents use did a great job mounting and balancing as a direct delivery from TireRack. IMG_6071.jpeg IMG_6072.jpeg IMG_6070.jpeg

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
These are the other shots I took. It is back together now, got the drivers seat in right at sundown. Got a new carpet last week, as the one in the car was pretty funky at it apparently had been leaking for a while.

I cleaned the entire pan, used clorox wipes the rear pan areas to deal with any mold, as the seam sealer had mildew, etc. Also found a few small rusty areas due to the water being in there, so wired those clean and hit those spots with rust reformer. Prob sounds like too much but use this as my daily and want it to last a while.

Don't have any 'after' shots once all cleaned up, was running out of daylight.

Now on to an S280 install with all the other accoutrements. Well, after I fix the garage door and clean out the garage...meh.
Thanks for the additional pictures. That doesn’t sound like too much at all! I’ve wanted to do that to my car for a while. I’ve also thought about removing the carpet altogether as I have this phobia of my floor rusting out. Just not sure I want to deal with the noise level without the carpet

SPhilli911

View attachment 60414
Picked up a second fiesta ST today. I got it from a friend for $400. It has some engine issues and a bunch of rust shots and is at almost 200k. Unfortunately I think it’s too far gone to save so I’m pulling the transmission to rebuild for my fiesta. It has a full Recaro interior that I will be selling.
My car is starting to rust in that same spot with 65k miles. I'm sad to see the future of my car... can't decide if I can fix it now or if it's worth doing at all financially.

Got a chance to mount my LSD trans setup to my "new" junkyard engine. Had to swap injectors for my 30%+ injectors from old engine to new. Three of the stock injectors on the new engine came out quick and easy. For some reason one injector really didn't want to come out. Escalated to using the cherry picker to get the damn thing out. It picked up the engine and trans assembly off the ground. Resorted to having my friend sit on the block to finally get it out. Took pictures of the Whoosh Stg 3 clutch before install.

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My car is starting to rust in that same spot with 65k miles. I'm sad to see the future of my car... can't decide if I can fix it now or if it's worth doing at all financially.
That sucks. You’re from Connecticut, so that’s definitely not helping you out at all. This car must have spent some of its life up north because of all the rust.
Side note, how do you fix that rust? Sand off all the paint and rust and repaint it all?

SPhilli911

That sucks. You’re from Connecticut, so that’s definitely not helping you out at all. This car must have spent some of its life up north because of all the rust.
Side note, how do you fix that rust? Sand off all the paint and rust and repaint it all?
I think mine can be taken care of early enough where sanding down and repainting might be all it needs, but I dunno. Been thinking about bringing it to a shop to get an opinion on it. Course I am just talking about body rust, who knows what I can't see on the chassis. Even after spending a majority of it's life in a garage and with relatively low miles for it's age, I am bummed about the rust. That's CT for ya, using chemicals for the winter.

My doors are fine, in fact I sealed up a seam on the bottom of the doors when I bought the car because at the time it was a known rust area. Mine has paint bubbling on the underside of the hood, the inner side of the trunk near the bottom and the rust is eating through the paint on the rear passenger side over rear wheel like your white donor car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 60471
The white Fiestas driver door was almost completely rusted through at the seam. Definitely check that spot if you’re looking to catch rust before it gets too bad.
YIKES!! [ohcrap]

I am soooo glad that I can (retired, grocery shopping within walking distance, etc.) refuse to drive mine when there is even any salt dust still on the roads, let alone the criminally caustic salt soup.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Back on the 16‘s. Feels great, from my perspective and a few discerning passengers. Gearing up for a PSMM and RMM replacement / upgrade to get the last things sorted out for my tastes. Want to tackle a FORScan assisted full brake bleed soon as well. The Fleva’s feel much better than the Indy 500‘s I ran a few sets of in the 300TW range. Local shop my parents use did a great job mounting and balancing as a direct delivery from TireRack. View attachment 60454 View attachment 60455 View attachment 60456
I haven't used Forskin for a bit..But last time i used it you cant do a full system Brake bleed like the UK can. i wrote them and asked them if NA Forskin was going to get the option. They said not as of yet. But if they changed it for us in NA that would be great. But if they didnt you can only bleed the ABS unit/ ABS module

I haven't used Forskin for a bit..But last time i used it you cant do a full system Brake bleed like the UK can. i wrote them and asked them if NA Forskin was going to get the option. They said not as of yet. But if they changed it for us in NA that would be great. But if they didnt you can only bleed the ABS unit/ ABS module
That's where my head is at. I read through the past year of changelog's after seeing it identified as being that way in a thread on here. Was hoping see a definitive update note but nothing I could parse as such. I know some of that can go under the radar, and it at least seemed like someone managed to get a unique build from them with the options enabled for a full system bleed. Otherwise, to the dealership I go! We're just so close to being able to do so much so easily on these I swear. :LOL:

Appreciate you chiming in!