Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Charged the o.e battery while my windows were getting tinted. Notice I was getting a slight slow crank because of the cold snap. Hoping to get one more year out of the factory battery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
How old is the Motorcraft stocker?

I am hoping to also get at least another year out of the ~2.5 year old factory one, then it will get a slightly lighter (by ~7 or 8 pounds), but still factory rating level CCA/reserve/etc., Odyssey PC 1100. ;)

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got my windshield replaced today after the giant rock chip and crack last weekend and finally gave him a long overdue wash
Must be nice to be able to wash your ride without the water freezing right out of the hose! [:(]

Mine is more white right now than Magnetic, but at least the coming 'heat wave' to the 50*F mark will allow me to de-salt it , and get a coat of Collinite 845 on her. ;)

How old is the Motorcraft stocker?

I am hoping to also get at least another year out of the ~2.5 year old factory one, then it will get a slightly lighter (~7 or 8 pounds), but still factory rating level CCA/reserve/etc., Odyssey PC 1100. ;)
Mines still the OE so 2015. Trying to get all 5 years out of it.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Got my windshield replaced today after the giant rock chip and crack last weekend and finally gave him a long overdue wash
When you got the windshield replaced did you also have to replace the rubber on both sides replaced? I need to replace the rubber but my windshield is good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When you got the windshield replaced did you also have to replace the rubber on both sides replaced? I need to replace the rubber but my windshield is good.

I dunno if they replaced the rubber actually. Car only has 7k miles on it, so shouldn't be any issues with it

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I dunno if they replaced the rubber actually. Car only has 7k miles on it, so shouldn't be any issues with it
Mine started deteriorating very fast. Keep an eye on it. I blew through my warranty. At 2 years I was out of my 60k. At 2 years the rubber was broken and cracking. There 25 bucks a piece but if I have to replace the windshield too its not going to be cheap.

Wanted to start a thread where everyone can share what they did to their Fiesta ST on a daily basis. You can share whatever information you want as long as it's relevant to the Fiesta ST.[lovest]
Mountune intake pipe and 1 step cooler plugs. Butt dyno senses smoother acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^How many miles on those factory plugs?

I just hit 15K miles and was thinking about changing my stockers out, but for the factory heat range NGKs. ;)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
^^How many miles on those factory plugs?

I just hit 15K miles and was thinking about changing my stockers out, but for the factory heat range NGKs. ;)
Just curious why you would stay factory? I hear that even on a stock tune that step colder helps for upper RPM's, I know that from getting tuned first to then switching over to them I felt a difference with less knock and negative corrections... if staying factory and not tuned, there's no reason you couldn't go at *least* 25k before replacing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just curious why you would stay factory? I hear that even on a stock tune that step colder helps for upper RPM's, I know that from getting tuned first to then switching over to them I felt a difference with less knock and negative corrections... if staying factory and not tuned, there's no reason you couldn't go at *least* 25k before replacing.
Albeit not as frigid as the upper midwest/northern tier states, we DO get cold here, especially during these 'polar vortex' snaps, and since yes, I am on the factory tune still, and my oil REEKS of fuel, even after only a 3K mile OCI, I want to stay with the hotter plugs.

Once I go to a tune in the future (probably after the power train warranty is up, or I pay this thing off, whichever comes first [wink]), I will go with the colder plugs.

My mileage took a big hit recently, much more than just the 'winter fuel blend' would warrant, (despite having gone to the very thin Mobil 1 0W-20 oil for this winter OCI), so I figured it might be the plugs fouling slightly, even though NO, I did not monitor for any misfires.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Albeit not as frigid as the upper midwest/northern tier states, we DO get cold here, especially during these 'polar vortex' snaps, and since yes, I am on the factory tune still, and my oil REEKS of fuel, even after only a 3K mile OCI, I want to stay with the hotter plugs.

Once I go to a tune in the future (probably after the power train warranty is up, or I pay this thing off, whichever comes first [wink]), I will go with the colder plugs.

My mileage took a big hit recently, much more than just the 'winter fuel blend' would warrant, (despite having gone to the very thin Mobil 1 0W-20 oil for this winter OCI), so I figured it might be the plugs fouling slightly, even though NO, I did not monitor for any misfires.
Reeking of fuel just happens with DI, just how it is, I noticed this on stock tune with stock plugs as well... but I wonder about the heat range in general though, I thought being a step colder might even help with more complete combustion, like when using higher octane fuel there is slightly more power from the air/fuel mixture taking more compression before igniting and maybe step colder plugs would also help in that area too... BUT, I have a lot to learn so I could be wrong, I just try to stay within the parameters that the Pro Tuners use. I feel that I shouldn't have any engine probs from running anything too crazy until my warranty is up, that's why personally I'm drawing the line at turbo upgrade, won't do that until I'm close to my warranty being up and everything is looking good. With minimal bolt on's and a tune that can uninstalled easily, I'm not going to worry TOO much about warranty on a car that is made to mod. As far as I know they can only use ignition cycle count as an indicator of possible being tuned before, but that also can be explained by saying you had VatoZone reset your ECU while checking codes to see if that might help with your issue. But everyone has their own priorities and their own comfort levels within those too, so I get it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Installed the Powerflex Black Series Pineapple and Transmission insert.
Nice, just make sure to do the trans/driver side one too. It adds no additional vibes, if anything it lowers them from being balanced and feels much more planted evenly instead of peg-legged. VERY much worth doing both, I realized this after just a month with the passenger side insert alone.

Both right and left side were simple. Got it done in 30 minute and still had time to grab my lunch. Still feeling the same vibe from when I installed the AWR RMM 88a. No additional vibes from installing the Powerflex Black race inserts. Can't wait to test it out at the drag strip.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Reeking of fuel just happens with DI, just how it is, I noticed this on stock tune with stock plugs as well... but I wonder about the heat range in general though, I thought being a step colder might even help with more complete combustion, like when using higher octane fuel there is slightly more power from the air/fuel mixture taking more compression before igniting and maybe step colder plugs would also help in that area too... BUT, I have a lot to learn so I could be wrong, I just try to stay within the parameters that the Pro Tuners use. I feel that I shouldn't have any engine probs from running anything too crazy until my warranty is up, that's why personally I'm drawing the line at turbo upgrade, won't do that until I'm close to my warranty being up and everything is looking good. With minimal bolt on's and a tune that can uninstalled easily, I'm not going to worry TOO much about warranty on a car that is made to mod. As far as I know they can only use ignition cycle count as an indicator of possible being tuned before, but that also can be explained by saying you had VatoZone reset your ECU while checking codes to see if that might help with your issue. But everyone has their own priorities and their own comfort levels within those too, so I get it.
Yes, a 'mod friendly' dealer might just accept that 'excuse' for the cycle count indicating a reset or such, but I am not too sure there are many of those around here, where there are NO Ford Performance (ex-SVT) dealers, and everyone else just buys a car as an appliance, on a 3 year lease. [mad] [:(]

Ford Community Posts