Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

brbauer2

brbauer2

They must be polarity sensitive due to the Switchback design! Noice! Going in on Saturday!
If I remember right, the LEDs around the side are on a flat piece that is wrapped around the housing and I used a tiny zip tie around the middle because it was separating.

Also, since they are LED, you will get hyperflash for the turn signals.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
If I remember right, the LEDs around the side are on a flat piece that is wrapped around the housing and I used a tiny zip tie around the middle because it was separating.

Also, since they are LED, you will get hyperflash for the turn signals.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Everyone hates the hyper flash that you never see it anymore. Mine hyper flashes and it doesn't bother me at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Interested in these also, keep us updated on the hyper flash issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe hyper flash is due to mismatched voltage. This can be solved by wiring a resistor. It’s a binary situation - you either have hyperflash or you don’t. It doesn’t suddenly manifest...

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I believe hyper flash is due to mismatched voltage. This can be solved by wiring a resistor. It’s a binary situation - you either have hyperflash or you don’t. It doesn’t suddenly manifest...
The resisters get crazy hot. Alot of the newer bulbs don't have the hyper flash issue. I bought mine like 4 years ago. I believe they hyper flash to tell you a bulb is out because they use so much less than stock wattage. They are 12volt. The hyper flash is supposed to tell you hey check ur builds, ones out. The resisters bring it back up to using more power indicating to the ecu the bulb is still using enough energy so it thinks an incandescent bulb is there.

Last edited:

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The resisters get crazy hot. Alot of the newer bulbs don't have the hyper flash issue. I bought mine like 4 years ago. I believe they hyper flash to tell you a bulb is out because they use so much less than stock wattage. They are 12volt. The hyper flash is supposed to tell you hey check ur builds, ones out. The resisters bring it back up to using more power indicating to the ecu the bulb is still using enough energy so it thinks an incandescent bulb is there.

Exactly. But, you need to use a resistor with a proper power rating. I have them in my rears, and they are 25w or so - not small.