Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Update on the stock size all season pilot sports. One day of driving they are much quieter than the trash toyo tires I had. I hit 80 mph a few times in steady rain this morning and I never felt the car drift. I usually slowed down to 65 with my old tires because they'd start to float at high speeds.

I actually wanted summer tires but decided to keep it simple. Happy with them so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
35% tint I have now absolutely helps with glare at night. Also have 70% on windshield which is massively helpful for glare and total brightness, yes even at 70%.

15% on my escape with 50% on windshield however is tough in areas with no ambient light but can be driven in day without sunglasses comfortably even with sensitive eyes m/contacts.

Did 5% on my last car which required rolling down windows or risking hitting medians when making a left. Will never do that again.

I want to do 70 on my windshield. For some reason the place that did all the other windows (20%) talked me out of putting anything on the windshield. Their reluctancy to take my money for the windshield
Living in Arizona now, I sure did miss all of the great nature smells of the East Coast and really missed being on the Farm here in Bedford, VA. :love:

View attachment 41123
That little white beauty will love the dry, saltless conditions in Arizona

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Living in Arizona now, I sure did miss all of the great nature smells of the East Coast and really missed being on the Farm here in Bedford, VA. :love:

View attachment 41123
You do have that nice mesquite smell wafting through the air out there. [wink] [thumb] [:)]
(Or is that only in the 'low'(er) desert?)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Update on the stock size all season pilot sports. One day of driving they are much quieter than the trash toyo tires I had. I hit 80 mph a few times in steady rain this morning and I never felt the car drift. I usually slowed down to 65 with my old tires because they'd start to float at high speeds.

I actually wanted summer tires but decided to keep it simple. Happy with them so far.
Despite how so many on here rag on them, I was very impressed with the factory A/S3s, which to me at least handled GREAT (even in the dry summertime) for a high tread wear all season which could actually get you through some shallow snow.

Their ridiculous rubber band profile in the OEM size was their only drawback to me, but they do have about the widest tread width of any/all of the all seasons in that size.

I actually would have considered them for daily driver tires if they offered them in a 215/40-17, or a 215/45-16. [wink]

You do have that nice mesquite smell wafting through the air out there. [wink] [thumb] [:)]
(Or is that only in the 'low'(er) desert?)
It's definitely wildfire season currently in AZ! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, our "Monsoon Season" will begin where it rains hard for 20-30mins a day in Prescott and it's sunny the rest of the day! We really, really need the rain if we expect to have a reasonably tame wildfire season!

It's definitely wildfire season currently in AZ! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, our "Monsoon Season" will begin where it rains hard for 20-30mins a day in Prescott and it's sunny the rest of the day! We really, really need the rain if we expect to have a reasonably tame wildfire season!
I grew up in AZ, in Sierra Vista specifically and I really miss the dry heat living in VA now. Those monsoons were the best thing ever, really cool you off in afternoon when the rains come (the thunderstorms were legit too with all the mountains surrounding Sierra Vista). Hopefully there’s is a good monsoon season this year and keep the fires down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Business6

Oil change, rotation, new pads and rotors, new brake fluid.

New pads suck because it doesn't feel as though the weight of the earth coming down on the brakes anymore. The stock sport pads aren't, in fact, the best, they simply have a far stronger bite even though they probably stop within a single-digit percentage of other pads plus or minus. But taking away that bite takes away modularity because I simply don't feel the engagement like I used to. Now it feels more like a regular car, lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oil change, rotation, new pads and rotors, new brake fluid.

New pads suck because it doesn't feel as though the weight of the earth coming down on the brakes anymore. The stock sport pads aren't, in fact, the best, they simply have a far stronger bite even though they probably stop within a single-digit percentage of other pads plus or minus. But taking away that bite takes away modularity because I simply don't feel the engagement like I used to. Now it feels more like a regular car, lol.
That is why I will most likely go with the 'summer' OEM pads (still have the factory 'all seasons' on now), or one of the lower temp autocross/street pads (like the G-Locs/Carbotechs), if I decide to stay on the factory sliding calipers.

The whole car, let alone the wheels gets so caked with pollen that more dust does not bother me to no end like it does everyone else, and I'd much rather have that initial 'bite', (especially on the street with these drivers around here), than clean(er) wheels. [wink]

Business6

That is why I will most likely go with the 'summer' OEM pads (still have the factory 'all seasons' on now), or one of the lower temp autocross/street pads (like the G-Locs/Carbotechs), if I decide to stay on the factory sliding calipers.

The whole car, let alone the wheels gets so caked with pollen that more dust does not bother me to no end like it does everyone else, and I'd much rather have that initial 'bite', (especially on the street with these drivers around here), than clean(er) wheels. [wink]
For sure. I have to wash the car enough that I don't really care much about the brake dust and the advantages of the stock pads outweigh extra dusting. It just really isn't a big deal.

I was willing to try some non-oem pads just to see what it was like. After getting adjusted to them I'll decide what to do.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
haha yeah i remember those (reminds me of the car "bras")
I should have bought one for all these cicadas.... Last time I was in an apartment. This time a house. They are all over the driveway, deck, flying into my face.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Speaking of bugs, I'm now at my Mother's house in Richmond, VA so that means it was finally time to wash the car after 2500 miles of road tripping! :)(y)

I recently picked up a bunch of car care products from Adam's Polishes to make the job easier by having the right equipment! ;) (The truth is, they had a Memorial Day 20% off sale and my OCD couldn't resist!) :ROFLMAO:
IMG_5045.jpeg

Everything fits in the 5gal bucket including the Foam Cannon, so it all came with me on the road trip! :geek:
IMG_5046.jpeg

I'm reasonably sure that I removed roughly 10lbs of bugs and dirt from the car. :LOL:
IMG_5150.jpeg
IMG_5151.jpeg

Finally all fresh again! :love:
IMG_5158.jpeg
IMG_5161.jpeg

And now its raining....:ROFLMAO:
IMG_5162.jpeg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Speaking of bugs, I'm now at my Mother's house in Richmond, VA so that means it was finally time to wash the car after 2500 miles of road tripping! :)(y)

I recently picked up a bunch of car care products from Adam's Polishes to make the job easier by having the right equipment! ;) (The truth is, they had a Memorial Day 20% off sale and my OCD couldn't resist!) [emoji23]
View attachment 41145

Everything fits in the 5gal bucket including the Foam Cannon, so it all came with me on the road trip! :geek:
View attachment 41146

I'm reasonably sure that I removed roughly 10lbs of bugs and dirt from the car. [emoji38]
View attachment 41147
View attachment 41148

Finally all fresh again! :love:
View attachment 41149
View attachment 41150

And now its raining....[emoji23]
View attachment 41151
Just remember....You can only polish a Turd so much....in the end its still a Turd. But it's your Turd....not anyone else's Turd.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: