Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

seems like they are the only option color-wise.

I did find another site i liked better because they etch ST logos on it and they offer full black or diamond etched, but theres no contact form or email for me to ask if they can print the logos a different color.
i know Vega can do it.

It is good stuff I actually bought it to clean my wife's fancy office chair, so far I have only used it on exterior automotive surfaces. What do you use it on?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I’ll do it on everything in the interior. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaning MAF sensor and air filter today. Letting highflow air filter dry overnight..

Also cleaned the stanes on the headlights with salt and lemon.. actually worked but will have to see tomorrow when the light is better, was almost dark when i did it..

Bought new front lower control arms yesterday, installing them on Monday as i can not handle driving it any longer in this insane state of a bouncy unsettled mess [emoji3446]... Got powerflex bushes to install later but gotta wait till i buy the 2nd set of the bigger ones..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Then comes new front tyres and wheel alignment..

Then will be gearbox oil change, any recommendations for a better gearbox oil?? The penrite one i use only lasts about 12 months... [emoji848] Starting to get notchy again already..

Clutch is getting close too id say.. Just hit 105,000km today..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Had my 1st overheat today, WooHoo! It was about 98* in the valley I was passing through to get gas. Had to wait in line for a while and sat there with the AC on. Then after geting gas there is a mile long steep-ass hill to climb out of the valley. Never gave it a thought until the car starts dinging at me and I see the red light on the dash. Luckily I was able to pull over in a safe spot and let it cool off for about 20 minutes. Fired it back up and made it the rest of the way to work.

I found Mountune has no rads in stock. Amazon carries Mishimoto and I had almost $200 in points so I bought that. Then I remembered Whoosh has Rads now and even with $200 off, the Whoosh Rad is cheaper than the Mishi. Of course Amazon wasn't able to cancel my order before shipping so now I have 2 rads on the way. Oh well, the Mishi will go back when it arrives. Then I'll have a Whoosh, some money in my pocket and my $200 Amazon credit back hopefully. So much for Prime day.

haste

1000 Post Club
My mishimoto radiator has been flawless for me(5+ years now). I like the fact it holds more coolant than the other rads. Slightly more weight but nothing that can't be adjusted for with some corner balancing.

No issues with my Mountune rad in my now sold stock '17 FiST but that one was never tracked.

I can't speak for the Whoosh rad but I imagine Ron would only endorse a good product.

I just ordered the synchro trans fluid. I’m trying to figure out what size tubing I need to fit into the fill hole. I saw someone on Whoosh’s website mention 1/2 or 5/8, which is it? Is that OD?

Erick_V

I just ordered the synchro trans fluid. I’m trying to figure out what size tubing I need to fit into the fill hole. I saw someone on Whoosh’s website mention 1/2 or 5/8, which is it? Is that OD?

I bought something like this to fill the trans fluid.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/FloTool-...PrcTc0k8LSKczCqiMdBoCb8QQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just remove the air box, pop the line in the fill port and fill away. Helps if you have 2 people but I've done it by myself the last 2 times. It has a valve at the bottom of the funnel that you twist and it'll let the fluid run through the tube. It will make sense when you actually have it and play with it a little. But it's easy enough

Scrubbed EBC Yellowstuff residue off the wheels. This brake dust is weird! Whereas stock pad sort of dusted everything uniformly, held on pretty tight when dry but came off fairly easily with some agitation, this one seems to clump into spots and cake onto the rims. It's irregular too, as in some spots came off easy whereas others held on for dear life. Had to use magic eraser to get that crap off, and now I don't know if I like them anymore that much :unsure:

Finally made the drive back from VA to AZ, totaling 4,987 miles in 15 days. The car performed almost flawlessly(aside from cutting a tire, not the car's fault) and averaged 35mpg at speeds between 70-80mph. [driving]
IMG_5318.jpeg

Some things that I've realized need to be corrected on the car ASAP:

-The stock headlights suck and I need to just order the Hella Euro Headlights. :LOL:
-The stock horn sucks and needs an upgrade, which will likely be Hella too.
-The stock radiator is insufficient for Arizona now that we are seeing 100*+ days here in Prescott.

On the way home, there is a 7% Grade 8 Mile long pass on I-17 South that climbs out of the Verde Valley of Camp Verde, AZ. The ambient temp while climbing the pass was 101*. By the time I began to crest the pass, the coolant temp hit 225* without the AC on at 70mph in 5th Gear. Needless to say, I ordered a Mountune Triple Pass Radiator as soon as I got home! [clap]
IMG_5309.jpeg

Also, some goodies for the car came in while I was out of town:

Picked up a set of Rear Camber Plates from @Dpro. I'm gonna prime and paint them prior to installation to avoid rust! ;)
IMG_5376.jpeg

Also my Boosted Designs Red Back Lit Dead Pedal came in! [biggrin]
IMG_5379.jpeg

Since the car performed so well during the road trip, I decided to reward it with a fresh engine oil and gearbox oil change since I just turned 16,400 miles! [twothumb]
IMG_5371.jpeg
IMG_5373.jpeg

It's also getting a full detail inside and out tomorrow to reset it back to fresh status. :LOL::love:

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had a dark green, '72 Vega...lol
My Dad Traded a 1963 Austin Healey 3000 for a Vega on the Behalf of my Mother.....Needless to say my Father now says Don't let anyone tell you that you need to sell something you Love. You ONLY sell it when and if your ready.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

If you would've bought Ravenol the Tube is built into the Bottle itself. Then you wouldn't have to figure out a Tube size* Check out my thread if you need info.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=74193&share_type=t&link_source=app

Ravenol 75w80

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: