Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

SPhilli911

I found rust! Well, I knew about it a while, but over the passenger side rear tire the paint is chipping off and it's pretty badly rusted underneath. This was inevitable in Connecticut with the chemicals they use in winter, but I am still sad about it. Thinking, come spring I will take the bumper off to see how bad it is.

Sorry if the pictures is bad... also maybe I should have cleaned the car up a whole lot better...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
They keep some level or other of salt on the roads all Winter long, beginning with the first freezing precipitation. Great for the motorcycle because it's aluminum and plastic, but horrible for the FiST. Drove under the absolute worst possible conditions last week, which was a warm bed of damp salty road.

I should've hit it the moment I parked it, but instead waited until the following morning/afternoon to put it up on race ramps and thoroughly spray it with Salt-Away, Salt-Off. (actually designed for marine applications)
1642200765304.png 1642200865953.png

The bottom-inside of my hatch shows a lot of bubbling. There are small drain holes around the hatch which I used to spray a crap ton of Fluid Film and CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor into. Hope it helps. Downside is your hands can get greasy when lifting the gate.

Mikey456

It was time for a change. Swapped on some other wheels and new tires. Car looks a bit boring now. LOL.

What it looked like once...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree… it was fun white with the Orange wheels. Someone else on the forum has a black car with lime green wheels. Looks good too…

Hi, has anyone replaced their high pressure fuel pump shim? I seen a video a few years back about them getting thinner and it has an effect on the fuel but I forgotten..

I do feel like mine is down a little on "pep".. just not as energetic as it should and even a little laggy.

I did notice a difference after the new spark plugs.. i almost feel like putting my old plugs back in for a day or two just to see..

I'm over 112000km now and I feel I might need to look into this (fuel pump shim).. anyone else heard similar?

Thanks!

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Hi, has anyone replaced their high pressure fuel pump shim? I seen a video a few years back about them getting thinner and it has an effect on the fuel but I forgotten..

I do feel like mine is down a little on "pep".. just not as energetic as it should and even a little laggy.

I did notice a difference after the new spark plugs.. i almost feel like putting my old plugs back in for a day or two just to see..

I'm over 112000km now and I feel I might need to look into this (fuel pump shim).. anyone else heard similar?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the cam bucket? I have a new one to install when I do my HPFP. Watched some YT videos and it seems quite straightforward.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you talking about the cam bucket? I have a new one to install when I do my HPFP. Watched some YT videos and it seems quite straightforward.
Yeah, that bucket or 'tappet' does not necessarily get 'thinner', just worn out/grooved from the cam lobe over the miles.

I think so, that "cam bucket" rings a bell.. I seen it in a video a few years back.. I'm thinking mine needs replacing..

What exactly are you doing with yours? Just replacement lime I'm planning to do or is it for power upgrades?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Unless it has lived on the race track or has crappy oil, 70,000 miles shouldn't be enough for anything internal to the engine to wear out.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I think so, that "cam bucket" rings a bell.. I seen it in a video a few years back.. I'm thinking mine needs replacing..

What exactly are you doing with yours? Just replacement lime I'm planning to do or is it for power upgrades?

I'm upgrading my fuel pump so I was going to replace the cam bucket at the same time. I've got 50k miles but I might as well do it. The part is cheap.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Like Intuit states; Since my ride gets premium oil, changed before 5K miles, and does not live at 6K+ RPMs/max boost every time it is started up (and I am not upgrading the HPFP at all), I will wait until at least 75K miles to replace it as a 'maintenance' item. [wink]

PhoenixM3

57D65E89-5B33-4627-B887-E1AA04AC6172.jpeg
B369500D-561E-4046-9C1B-EECC05F21B3D.jpeg
replaced the upp grill with a new one as I had installed laser jammers in it, and those will be going in my next daily. Wires on front right fender show wires to the receiver/transmitters. I have the stock IC, but can’t really pull the DHM race unit, as it serves as the support for the crash sensors.

Last edited: