Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Replaced the driver's side blend door actuator, hatch support struts, and installed Cobb catted DP over the last weekend. "Strong Arm" struts are aptly named as the hatch now flies open. No major drama with the DP install as bolts where rust free (still used BP Blaster to be on the safe side). If anything, one of the nuts for the stock DP to cat back was pain to get off, as if it was cross threaded.

20220116_124557.jpg 20220114_183204.jpg 20220114_165243.jpg

Intuit

3000 Post Club
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086G75KF3/
Pretty convenient way of boosting octane.
Note: It takes several "points" to increase by one octane number and is not linear. Look at the back of the package.

EDIT 22y01m23d07h41m00s:
Was using the (inconvenient) Lucas product. Cut the package and can have two in the wallet.
1642941708651.png

Last edited:

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Finalized the gauge setup and installed a phone mount.

Mounted the boost gauge and AP right next to the tech and speedo so I don't have to look far down to view them. I decided to leave the Snow Stage 3 controller where it is in case I end up with a Dizzy ethanol content gauge later. The controller blocks the fuel level gauge but I only need to lean forward a little to view it, and I only check it once during start of the drive anyways.

Ran the phone cable (USB-C) tucked under the passenger side trim and clipped it to the phone mount so it won't flap around when not in use. I think that I found a perfect phone mount location as it doesn't block any controls nor get in the way of a passenger, and still easily reachable. I use the AP for the picture as an approximation of a phone.

1642927075745.png
1642927309892.png
1642927465316.png

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Finalized the gauge setup and installed a phone mount.

Mounted the boost gauge and AP right next to the tech and speedo so I don't have to look far down to view them. I decided to leave the Snow Stage 3 controller where it is in case I end up with a Dizzy ethanol content gauge later. The controller blocks the fuel level gauge but I only need to lean forward a little to view it, and I only check it once during start of the drive anyways.

Ran the phone cable (USB-C) tucked under the passenger side trim and clipped it to the phone mount so it won't flap around when not in use. I think that I found a perfect phone mount location as it doesn't block any controls nor get in the way of a passenger, and still easily reachable. I use the AP for the picture as an approximation of a phone.

View attachment 46277
View attachment 46278
View attachment 46279
What mount did you use for the Accessport?

Installed BC Coilovers that I’ve had for a few months lying around. I’ll try to get some better shots tomorrow. We put them in how they came and it sits pretty good. I’m gonna probably adjust it a bit harder since it feels a bit too soft for my liking but it rides comfortable

Attachments

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Replaced the driver's side blend door actuator, hatch support struts, and installed Cobb catted DP over the last weekend. "Strong Arm" struts are aptly named as the hatch now flies open. No major drama with the DP install as bolts where rust free (still used BP Blaster to be on the safe side). If anything, one of the nuts for the stock DP to cat back was pain to get off, as if it was cross threaded.

View attachment 46219 View attachment 46220 View attachment 46221
What's the part number for the StrongArm hatch struts?

Business6

Replaced my crumbling and withering windshield moldings. Didn't realize the retainers were in there in the manner they are because they absolutely do not need to be replaced, though I guess they might for a windshield replacement? I dunno. I planned on replacing my windshield this year so maybe I'll keep them just in case. Also picked up the sunroof weather strip because, of course, that's also falling apart. Finally got a new jack and jackstands, too, so hopefully I can figure out a way to open my fucking hood and do an oil change. What an unbelievably stupid problem.

Drove It to work trying NOT to go above 4k until the clutch is broke in.
You know, I honestly don't understand the reason, you're not breaking the engine in. Peak torque comes up earlier than 4k so they can't argue its because you wait for surface to get more grabby? I understand if they tell you not to dump 1-2 shifts past 4k but I don't see why you can't just rev it in same gear. And you can also just... not dump the clutch while upshifting and, yeah, maybe downshift at lower RPMs for a while and don't do launches.

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Replaced my crumbling and withering windshield moldings. Didn't realize the retainers were in there in the manner they are because they absolutely do not need to be replaced, though I guess they might for a windshield replacement? I dunno. I planned on replacing my windshield this year so maybe I'll keep them just in case. Also picked up the sunroof weather strip because, of course, that's also falling apart. Finally got a new jack and jackstands, too, so hopefully I can figure out a way to open my fucking hood and do an oil change. What an unbelievably stupid problem.
You don't need to replace the retainers. I replaced the rubber in mine a few weeks ago.