Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I would ask about any reception differences, but that destroyed factory one was losing some signal capture capabilities due to aging, corrosion, and cracking, so not a valid comparison.

But, can you pull in any weaker/distant stations with the Stubby, or do you not listen to the radio at all anyway??
I have not listed to FM radio on this car for many, many years, so unfortunately, I can not comment accurately on a before/after.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I have not listed to FM radio on this car for many, many years, so unfortunately, I can not comment accurately on a before/after.
...and I seriously doubt that you've missed anything in that time frame... 😄
Interestingly, satellite reception is handled via the grid at the top part of the windshield IIRC.

I would ask about any reception differences, but that destroyed factory one was losing some signal capture capabilities due to aging, corrosion, and cracking, so not a valid comparison.

But, can you pull in any weaker/distant stations with the Stubby, or do you not listen to the radio at all anyway??
The stations that were at the edge disappear with the stubby unfortunately. Even the reliable channels become noticeably weaker. I'd drop out of HD reception that normal never would.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
...and I seriously doubt that you've missed anything in that time frame... 😄
Interestingly, satellite reception is handled via the grid at the top part of the windshield IIRC.
I still listen to some of the college station programming out of Philly, or out of NYC when I am up in the northern part of my state.

Once and a while they play the more esoteric, and much less populist poppy crap heard everywhere else. [wink]

Think I may have bumped into Shige Suganuma from Mooneyes.
I was grabbing something from one of the local Honda motorcycle dealers yesterday, and when I came out, a pickup had parked next to me, and a bike was being loaded into the back. A rather distinguished looking older Japanese gentleman was next to the truck, staring at my FIST with a furrowed brow, clearly had his gears turning as he looked over my car.

I said "hello" as I opened my door, and he started asking questions. "Excuse me, is this the "fast" version of the Fiesta?" I told him that if you can call a Fiesta "fast", this was the one. He asked several questions about what modifications the ST had over the standard Fiesta, and pointed out a bunch of things that he figured I had done to the car personally. He asked me to start it up, and listened the exhaust for a minute. It's a Borla, not too loud, but he smiled. He asked about the suspension, and I said that it rode harshly, but cornered well. He said "I know all about harsh. I have race cars that require a kidney belt." He thanked me for his time, and I thanked him for his interest in my car. As I pulled away, the tailgate of the truck slammed shut, with a Mooneyes logo on the back.

Hmm....

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought a stubby antenna a few years ago. It's a replica of a 50mm round and I have no problem with reception. Looks far better than the original!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Also did my front brakes. I got 24k out of my EBC yellow stuff pads that I won in a giveaway on this forum. I went with the motorcraft pads and cheap rotors. I also managed to overflow my brake fluid reservoir while compressing the caliper pistons. However this is not my first time spilling brake fluid on everything so I knew exactly what to do (rinse with lots of water for anyone curious)
IMG_1914.jpeg
EBC pads, or what was left of them

Replaced my subframe that was completely rotting out.
IMG_0033.jpg IMG_0038.jpg

Cleaned, degreased and coated all parts with Fluid-Film. New bolts all around to compliment.
IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
Whoosh subframe centering kit and again, Fluid Film spread around with a paintbrush on the underside.

The driving difference is quite drastic, sharper turn in, solid feel on bumps, much more stable around road ruts.
I'm good for at least another 10 years in the salt!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Replaced my evap canister since it appears to be leaking. The electrical connector was a giant pain in the butt, the car wasn’t up high enough and ultimately the whole job was way harder than it should have been lol! Hopefully this solves my issue.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Replaced my subframe that was completely rotting out.
I'm good for at least another 10 years in the salt!
Trying to figure out how the subframe went before the exhaust?
Man that looked like an underwater shipwreck. Wonder what Sponge Bob does for rust-proofing on his rides...
My prior car rusted out ass-first. So I've been paying attention to the rear and so far what's behind the rear bumper ain't look'n nice.

Cneu

Premium Account
I installed Jaypeeki's AP in my fiesta today. I have all the upgrades needed for a cobb 93 tune so I went with that. Launch control is pretty fun.

It's pretty crazy how much of a difference the AP makes. This is the way ford should have shipped these cars. It took this car from fun to drive to a fricken blast to drive.

Is it worth it to get a tune from one of the tuners? Which one is recommended in 2024?

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I installed Jaypeeki's AP in my fiesta today. I have all the upgrades needed for a cobb 93 tune so I went with that. Launch control is pretty fun.

It's pretty crazy how much of a difference the AP makes. This is the way ford should have shipped these cars. It took this car from fun to drive to a fricken blast to drive.

Is it worth it to get a tune from one of the tuners? Which one is recommended in 2024?
I’ve been happy with Dizzy tunes so far. If you can get ethanol definitely try an E30 tune. It will blow your mind lol!

Cneu

Premium Account
I’ve been happy with Dizzy tunes so far. If you can get ethanol definitely try an E30 tune. It will blow your mind lol!
I might consider it. We only have e85 at one station here in the Portland area, it's a pain to source it. Plus I drive all over the PNW so having to deal with that is kind of annoying.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I might consider it. We only have e85 at one station here in the Portland area, it's a pain to source it. Plus I drive all over the PNW so having to deal with that is kind of annoying.
If I keep my FiST after I move to Portland I will just go S280 as my final mod. E85 doesn’t add much benefit to the S280 on 93 without additional fueling.