Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

You're really making me want to finally order the AP and flash a new tune. I bought my car used. it's been flashed but idk with what.
They're pricey new, but they pop up all the time in the forum's For Sale section and you can usually snag a good deal. Mine was used and you'd never know the difference. If you have an upgraded intercooler and 1-step colder spark plugs the Dizzy tune is worth it. I bought his "Flash Bundle" too which included the E30 tune, so that'll be fun to test out at some point.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dude, you must have hands made of sand paper lol... /joking

BTW, you got a shifter boot made from tin foil? What's going on there... 🤔
Honestly, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong with my poor steering wheel! The other fiesta has 185k and its steering wheel is way better than mine at 123k.
The shift boot is a floral pattern cloth boot that has been in the car since I got it. I should probably replace it at some point lol
What are you planning to do with the engine from the junk ST?
Not sure yet, PM me if you’re interested in it or want parts.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
At work some users wear off the letters on keyboards in short order while some never do. Some of it is the lotion, some of it are the nails.
I had to replace every button, armrest, cruise control module, shift knob and even the outer window mouldings where whoever had my Honda used to touch alot. Push to start lettering is melting under the clear coat. Me and the old lady joke that whoever had it before me must have sweated acid.

Dialcaliper

I had to replace every button, armrest, cruise control module, shift knob and even the outer window mouldings where whoever had my Honda used to touch alot. Push to start lettering is melting under the clear coat. Me and the old lady joke that whoever had it before me must have sweated acid.
The acid sweat is real. One of my previous jobs involved working with techs assembling big parts made of mild steel (no corrosion protection). Most people handling the parts, everything is fine. But there were 2-3 techs there that whenever they'd touch a steel part with no gloves, the next day there'd be a rusty handprint wherever they touched, complete with incriminating fingerprints. :LOL:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
3ohzdYjwEQuR1J7dte.gif

KXNGABE85

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Hope everyone's well, had a chance to install the DNA rear torsion bar, pretty easy install. The other day I was able to swap out the Pro Alloy intake for an st 200 Air box which is great keeping Temps in check.

Took the car for a spin and could tell a difference immediately! After upgrading to the Koni Yellows and adding the top strut mount the car felt really unbalanced, the rear has a Whoosh trunk brace and a DNA rear axle stiffening bar but it wasn't enough. This fixed things up from what I can tell, I'll find out on the way to Miami next week.

Attachments

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The acid sweat is real. One of my previous jobs involved working with techs assembling big parts made of mild steel (no corrosion protection). Most people handling the parts, everything is fine. But there were 2-3 techs there that whenever they'd touch a steel part with no gloves, the next day there'd be a rusty handprint wherever they touched, complete with incriminating fingerprints. :LOL:
That must be my problem lol.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
That must be my problem lol.
1/4 teaspoon of Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) per day will alkalize your pH. No joke. Make sure to use Red Mill brand and NOT Arm and Hammer. There are many other health benefits included with this. High acidic pH is a breeding ground for disease including cancers. I know I know car forum....Ill try to stay any further health advice.

Cneu

Premium Account
did the mountune rad install today. I slid it in from underneath. It's a pretty easy job to do. I removed the intercooler pipe and airbox/intake. My engine gets pretty bad heat soak so hopefully this fixes it.

I'd say this job is more finicky than anything else. The way the two radiators are connected is frustrating if you don't think it through before you start and take the tabs off the mountune. It took me about 2 and a half hours with flushes. I just went over 100k so I figured I'd do a few flushes before wrapping up.

The coolant flush procedure on this motor is really easy and fast.

I went for a lil rip around the farm roads after install. Outside temp is ~75F. The highest coolant temps I saw were ~190F.

Attachments

Last edited:
Finally got my car back on the road with fresher 50k trans with mfactory, 2l of ravenol mtf2, whoosh st3 clutch, and a fresher 50k engine from a 2018. Also have new vibra-technics drivers and passenger motor mounts. The LSD is so freaking dramatic on how much it does for this thing. I'm so in love with this car. I've missed it!

Attachments

Finally got my car back on the road with fresher 50k trans with mfactory, 2l of ravenol mtf2, whoosh st3 clutch, and a fresher 50k engine from a 2018. Also have new vibra-technics drivers and passenger motor mounts. The LSD is so freaking dramatic on how much it does for this thing. I'm so in love with this car. I've missed it!
The LSD makes an incredible difference. It's a shame they weren't offered as an option on the mk7 Fists like they were on the mk8 gen.