Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I had a chance to do one of my rain washes on Saturday afternoon, and then a quick spray wax Collinite coat this morning.

Gotta counter the effing tree pollen every and ANY chance I get!
(I use that same Lowes bucket for my 'splash rinse', even in the pouring rain, to get the majority of the soap off before letting nature do the rest.)

Cneu

Premium Account
I was pretty bored while waiting for some bread to rise so I hopped in the fist and went up Rocky Point here in the portland area.

1716259595749.jpeg
1716259604412.jpeg

I also filmed the whole thing on dash cam which I may or may not link because I was singing about the horrible brake fade I got. I've been managing to push 27psi of boost and had tire spin in 4th gear on this drive, so that's pretty fun.

I'm not sure if you all know this but these cars are stupid fun.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I suspect the stock rotors just retain too much heat. My motorcycle has comparably small rotors but their response doesn't seem to change even with wheel speeds in the triple digits. The car by comparison, brake response will begin changing pretty quickly at those rotating speeds.

I suspect the key difference is, the motorcycle rotors are drilled with a very high number of holes. Since my OEM rotors are overdue for replacement, I've been looking at drilled rotors to replace them... keeping in mind that we're also in road salt city.and exposed, inactive surface area is going to get eaten up.

Cneu

Premium Account
I was gonna replace the rotors with my next pad change so I'll start shopping around. I guess I'll also look into going up in size if possible. Lol more googling.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looked at the Old engine out of the car and saw the carnage up close.The #3 rod snapped at the wrist pin and buzz sawed up the front of the block about 10-12 inchs. In turn Hitting the Starter solenoid knocking it off the Starter and placing it on the radiator shroud backside and blowing off the oil cooler.. 20240515_144019.jpg 20240515_144224.jpg

Last edited:
Well I didn't do that much damage but in an attempt to fix my motor mount issues I broke that stupid hard plastic line going to the expansion tank. It took like an hour to get the engine side off and since no one carried the part locally I just got some 1/4in fuel line and upgraded the hose. It's not breaking again.

Then I found the front lower bolt for the passenger side motor mount has the captive nut broken off. I think my options are either to take the front of the car off to see if I can reach the hole to hold a nut up to the hole and weld it in, or weld a nut to a washer then use a hole saw just slightly bigger than the washer and hold the washer in place and weld it in. Or just put some tack welds on the mount and call it good until it needs to come out.

The middle option sounds like the best solution but the last option sounds really good since it's easier lol.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looked at the Old engine out of the car and saw the carnage up close.The #3 rod snapped at the wrist pin and buzz sawed up the front of the block about 10-12 inchs. In turn Hitting the Starter solenoid knocking it off the Starter and placing it on the radiator shroud backside and blowing off the oil cooler.. View attachment 62074 View attachment 62076
Just needs some JB Weld!

Cneu

Premium Account
Looked at the Old engine out of the car and saw the carnage up close.The #3 rod snapped at the wrist pin and buzz sawed up the front of the block about 10-12 inchs. In turn Hitting the Starter solenoid knocking it off the Starter and placing it on the radiator shroud backside and blowing off the oil cooler..
Lol damn. The vertical sawing is pretty crazy. How long did it drive that way? I've blown a few holes in blocks but never seen it do that. In my experience, the connecting rod comes apart long before it can do that amount of damage. Bearings look good tho, lol

The craziest one I've seen is when an old tractor blew a rod and somehow busted a huge hole in the side of the block, which allowed the piston to fly a few hundred feet out of the side of the block.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was pretty bored while waiting for some bread to rise so I hopped in the fist and went up Rocky Point here in the portland area.

View attachment 62072
View attachment 62073

I also filmed the whole thing on dash cam which I may or may not link because I was singing about the horrible brake fade I got. I've been managing to push 27psi of boost and had tire spin in 4th gear on this drive, so that's pretty fun.

I'm not sure if you all know this but these cars are stupid fun.
Wow, that’s beautiful, scenery and car lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol damn. The vertical sawing is pretty crazy. How long did it drive that way? I've blown a few holes in blocks but never seen it do that. In my experience, the connecting rod comes apart long before it can do that amount of damage. Bearings look good tho, lol

The craziest one I've seen is when an old tractor blew a rod and somehow busted a huge hole in the side of the block, which allowed the piston to fly a few hundred feet out of the side of the block.
It was mere 100 ft and it came to a stop in its own blood pile on a Freeway entrance ramp.[driving]

Cneu

Premium Account
Wow, that’s beautiful, scenery and car lol
Thanks. I've gushed about it on here before but the PNW has the best roads. Oregon, especially, takes very good care of very remote roads. A person can drive for hours on paved roads without seeing anyone.

It was mere 100 ft and it came to a stop in its own blood pile on a Freeway entrance ramp.[driving]
crazy.

Sam4

Thanks. I've gushed about it on here before but the PNW has the best roads. Oregon, especially, takes very good care of very remote roads. A person can drive for hours on paved roads without seeing anyone.

crazy.
I was lucky enough to stumble onto a McMenamins at lunchtime during a work visit years ago, up above rt30/river w of Portland. What a day...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

crazy.
The city recently paved a neighborhood street and it started developing pot holes in 1 year. Cheap Texas labor.

Cneu

Premium Account
The city recently paved a neighborhood street and it started developing pot holes in 1 year. Cheap Texas labor.
I wouldn't blame the city. More often than not it's some d-bag who overloaded a trailer or something and damaged the road, which led to the pothole. The things I see people in trucks/RVs doing on the road is pretty crazy. Texas esp is wild cuz of freedumb. It's not the city/county/states fault because someone thinks a tarp is oppressing them.

Just last week I saw a guy driving on a blown tire. I see trailers pop off hitches way too often. This stuff is way more common than you'd think.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't blame the city. More often than not it's some d-bag who overloaded a trailer or something and damaged the road, which led to the pothole. The things I see people in trucks/RVs doing on the road is pretty crazy. Texas esp is wild cuz of freedumb. It's not the city/county/states fault because someone thinks a tarp is oppressing them.

Just last week I saw a guy driving on a blown tire. I see trailers pop off hitches way too often. This stuff is way more common than you'd think.
Unfortunately they look like sink holes all in a row. They even took time to repave one section, but another few popped up. Last I heard they blamed it on not letting the ground dry before laying down asphalt.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Unfortunately they look like sink holes all in a row. They even took time to repave one section, but another few popped up. Last I heard they blamed it on not letting the ground dry before laying down asphalt.
If it was just a couple of inches of new over old asphalt, either too wet or too cold will cause it not to adhere.

Cneu

Premium Account
that makes sense.

the point i was more making is that we don't treat our roads well and then wonder why all our DOTs are stretched for resources/workers. citizens treat our roads like garbage and then complain when things aren't perfect.