Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Felt like something was catching on something else when shifting gears so went ahead and reset the shifter linkage. Feels better now, I guess that plastic bracket slowly lets go over time :unsure:

I was able to sneak in some time to install and gap one step colder plugs, whoosh coils, whoosh radiator hoses, whoosh pcv oil separator hose, mishimoto 160 deg thermostat, boomba throttle body and intake manifold spacer, and top off the transmission with some syncro shift 2 fluid. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Maybe a bit late on this, did you feel a difference from the manifold & throttle body spacers? Boomba claims some mild HP & torque plus an increase in MPG's.

I'm thinking of adding them when I walnut blast the valves later this summer.

pixelzombie

Changed my oil for the next 6 months. Walmart didn't have my usual brand, so I decided to try Royal Purple which was on sale. The stuff is actually purple which is strange to me. It gets 5 stars on amazon if that's worth anything these days.

Cneu

Premium Account
Finally re-removed Xm and Sony after upgrading to sync 3. Also did the in dash climate control because why not? My Forscan license was 2 years out of date but they sent me a 2 month trial anyway. The previous owner installed the tweeters on the dash, lol. I don't mind em.

edit: Okay this is a pleasant surprise. It chimes less now. I have no idea which setting did it. I did the climate control, sony/xm removal. I also changed the boot screen/theme ui settings but those didn't make a difference in the UI. I wonder if somehow that changed the chime behavior.

1717290251772.jpeg

Last edited:

pixelzombie

Installed my XDI 30% injectors. Going to do my datalogs tonight. 2 injectors came out with the rail and luckily the other 2 weren’t stuck in the head, but an injector puller got them out with ease. I also put a new HPFP cam tappet since I was there.
View attachment 62294
that looks like a big job, how long did it take?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I went yesterday and picked up some new kicks from Phil's Tire Service for the little nimble beast.
He even admired, and stated how the 215/40-17 Yok AD09s 'sit' on the set of his 17x8 KE Motorsport Pro T12s, saying, "That's the way a tire is supposed to fit a wheel!".

About as close as one will get to a tarmac rally-like setup without using an actual (illegal on U.S. streets/totally not DOT approved) Pirelli or Michelin tarmac gumball for $450+ a pop, which will last about 1000 miles TOPS.
('Square' fit on the hoops, with no tire bulge, and no pronounced V-shaped stretch, side wall straight up from the rim of the wheel, just like the tarmac rally gods intended. [thumb] [driving])

They are not on the car yet, but I will post up pics once they are. [wink]

Now I MUST sell at least 2 sets of wheels/tires, and one set of never mounted Yok A052s. LOL

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I went yesterday and picked up some new kicks from Phil's Tire Service for the little nimble beast.
He even admired, and stated how the 215/40-17 Yok AD09s 'sit' on the set of his 17x8 KE Motorsport Pro T12s, saying, "That's the way a tire is supposed to fit a wheel!".

About as close as one will get to a tarmac rally-like setup without using an actual (illegal on U.S. streets/totally not DOT approved) Pirelli or Michelin tarmac gumball for $450+ a pop, which will last about 1000 miles TOPS.
('Square' fit on the hoops, with no tire bulge, and no pronounced V-shaped stretch, side wall straight up from the rim of the wheel, just like the tarmac rally gods intended. [thumb] [driving])

They are not on the car yet, but I will post up pics once they are. [wink]

Now I MUST sell at least 2 sets of wheels/tires, and one set of never mounted Yok A052s. LOL
Why did you decide to use the Yokohama AD09s instead of the A052s?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Why did you decide to use the Yokohama AD09s instead of the A052s?
The A052s I already own are 225/45-16s so I could not have used those anyway.

If you are asking why I did not go with the 215/40-17 A052s it is because of the much more 'streetable' compound (longer lasting, endurance type, vs. pure autocross/open track compound of the A052s), slightly deeper full tread depth, as well as the better standing water wet performance of the AD09s.

Of course, IF one of these companies offered me a true street, 300+ tread wear, but max performance summer tire with phenomenal turn-in response and grip (in other words NOT a Yok V701 Fleva type tire!), I would have went with those.

But since those type tires are only sold in the UK/Europe (in that size at least) and not a single dealer over there would sell me any of those, I had to go with what seems to be the most durable, 'endurance' 200 tread wear donuts available in that size here.

Finally developed some flywheel chatter, it goes away as soon as the clutch is depressed, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t. The clutch engages fine and no other issues. Should I start investing in a clutch/flywheel ? 71k on the clock

Finally developed some flywheel chatter, it goes away as soon as the clutch is depressed, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn’t. The clutch engages fine and no other issues. Should I start investing in a clutch/flywheel ? 71k on the clock
Nah, if you can live with the annoyance, I think you can keep driving it.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I've had that over four different vehicles including this one. Never lead to anything. The FiST however is different in that, you absolutely do not want to hold the clutch pedal down any longer than is required. This means placing the shifter in neutral and releasing the pedal at stop lights.

Dusten

U.S. Navy Veteran
picked it up from the body shop. excited to finally have it back

AC blew warm before it went in. They evacuated and recharged the system as part of the repairs, still blows warm. So now i need to dig into why

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've had that over four different vehicles including this one. Never lead to anything. The FiST however is different in that, you absolutely do not want to hold the clutch pedal down any longer than is required. This means placing the shifter in neutral and releasing the pedal at stop lights.