Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone switch from Vibra-tech RMM to CPE?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have found the vibra-tech to be a little harsh and want to soften things up a bit. Has anyone used both and can speak to whether there’s a noticeable difference in NVH?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I switched from the CP-E (which I still own) to the VibraTechnics fast road model expressly to try and quell some of the CP-E's NVH, especially it's perceived by me 'buzziness' during the cold winter season.

In my opinion, the VT is a tiny bit less shaky at idle than the CP-E, but it is not 'leaps and bounds' more smooth.

I personally would not swap the other way if you are looking to lessen the NVH, unless you already have the full race version VibraTechnics installed.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I'll send you a Whoosh low mileage or Cobb low mileage for your Vibra techincs.
Very hot in Texas, I’m avoiding the polyurethane bushings.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I switched from the CP-E (which I still own) to the VibraTechnics fast road model expressly to try and quell some of the CP-E's NVH, especially it's perceived by me 'buzziness' during the cold winter season.

In my opinion, the VT is a tiny bit less shaky at idle than the CP-E, but it is not 'leaps and bounds' more smooth.

I personally would not swap the other way if you are looking to lessen the NVH, unless you already have the full race version VibraTechnics installed.
If he has the fast road one I do not see the problem the only time I notice a little from mine is at idle with the air on i.e. . Otherwise I love it. In fact ai have full Vibra-technics in my car feels great no excessive NVH.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
If he has the fast road one I do not see the problem the only time I notice a little from mine is at idle with the air on i.e. . Otherwise I love it. In fact ai have full Vibra-technics in my car feels great no excessive NVH.
It’s finally settled some now that it’s hot, I used to get a really annoying rattle in my dash cluster at the rpm I cruise at on the highway.

Still, I was wondering if there’s a good compromise between stock and this one. CPE seemed like it had a meatier bushing.

green_henry

1000 Post Club

+1

I do not have experience with the Vibra Technics mounts, but the NVH from the CP-E passenger side mount was way more than I expected (coming from stock mount with the Powerflex insert). I was close to removing it at first but decided to see if it would mellow out; I'm not sure if it has actually lessened or if I have just become used to it, but I don't notice it as much now.

I still have the Powerflex insert on the driver side mount; I'm not sure if that's contributing to or mitigating the NVH. In any case, I doubt the CP-E is less harsh than the Vibra Techics mount.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really like CP-E's stuff. (I have their Nexus exhaust system on the car, and their intercooler waiting to be installed.)

But if/when I ever do the driver and passenger side mounts, it's getting the VibraTechnics Fast Road units. [wink]