Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Taking advantage of Black Friday deals and getting myself an intake. Debating between injen and k&n. Prices are basically identical with sales and such. I know injen is very popular but wanted to know if there was any experience in k&n. Sadly I can't seem to find any legitimate sound clips of k&n online. Love the sound of the injen kit but tend to lean toward k&n for washable/rechargeable/reusable filter technology.

Anyone have any long term miles with an injen? Curious how long filter lasts.

Anyway any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

It's kinda a coin toss at the moment. Not sure what to do but will have to decide this weekend. Lol

Thanks!

I have the k&n. The k&n is most likely easier to install as it doesnt go all the way to the turbo. I believe the k&n has a better heat shield although neither will keep temps down like the stock air box if your into that kinda stuff. The sound is pretty loud and any dip into the gas pedal will make the whoosh everyone loves. Just what i have gathered over the wopping 1,000 miles ive put on the intake lol

Taking advantage of Black Friday deals and getting myself an intake. Debating between injen and k&n. Prices are basically identical with sales and such. I know injen is very popular but wanted to know if there was any experience in k&n. Sadly I can't seem to find any legitimate sound clips of k&n online. Love the sound of the injen kit but tend to lean toward k&n for washable/rechargeable/reusable filter technology.

Anyone have any long term miles with an injen? Curious how long filter lasts.

Anyway any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

It's kinda a coin toss at the moment. Not sure what to do but will have to decide this weekend. Lol

Thanks!
You check out the sale MAPerformance is having on their intake?

Thanks for all the input. Going with k&n. CARB legal is a plus as I live in Cali. [emoji106]🏼[emoji41][emoji267]

Thanks for all the input. Going with k&n. CARB legal is a plus as I live in Cali. [emoji106]🏼[emoji41][emoji267]
I had the K&N Typhoon intake on my '04 from when I bought brand new in '04 until I sold it in late '08....never had an ounce of problems with it. Really enjoyed the intake. I'm sure you will also.

newmz

I installed the Fiesta ST K&N Intake (63-2587) about a month ago. The install was easy. The only difference it's made is to noise. Lots of intake noise and the blow-off valve is now much more audible. So if you are into that kind of thing (i.e. advertising the fact that you have a turbocharged car) you will love it. If you are more interested in performance advantages I would say use your money for something else. I'm honestly considering changing back to the stock intake because I actually prefer stealthy performance and I thought this would improve on the stage 1 tune I already had, but in that regard I wasn't impressed.

I wonder if an induction hose +drop in in the factory airbox is as effective as a full intake. I feel to get anything from an intake, there should be a heatshield shroud. I'm not very knowledgeable on the matter though

Siestarider

I purchased a Mountune intake because it had the second air intake located at bottom of box, Mountune's instructions said place it next to the fog light, which I did.

Later I opened up the fake fog light vent so I could be sure I had cooler air at lower intake point.

Later still I measured air pressures in front and behind front facia, found positive pressure 0.5" H2O in front of fog vent, -0.4" behind fog light with air dam extension. Obviously, if air pressure is lower below box, it will not "pull" much if any air.

Most recently, messing around with undertray and mods to it, I removed Mountune lower intake hose (just to get better air flow past driver's side of engine for cooling) and taped the lower box hole shut. SAE corrected temp and pressure VDyno logs before and after are identical.

My conclusion is OEM intake works fine. Mountune box was a waste of money. I will remove it and replace with OEM air box next time I am messing with that part of car. Waiting to see Velossa data.

I will be going Mishimoto intake and Velossa Ram air, for a lil boost in performance and some bling. Another way with probably same outcome would be induction hose, drop in and Velossa tech, but agin I want some bling and some sound.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
My Mishimoto Induction hose has pleased me greatly. Opens up the cabin audio with the symposer taunting you to floor it. With my mods and Accessport, I am very happy with it. The finish of Mishimotos product is top knotch as well.

Bluedrank

So, there's 3 different drop in air filters on the market. I assume they are all exactly the same, just manufactured by different companies? Is that correct? There's very little literature on any of them, and especially little comparing the 3.