Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I remember when Injen released their first warm-air intake and a bunch of people ordered them. Within a few months there were a bunch in the BST because people were sick of the heat soak, lol.

I looked through here and didn't find anyone installing the HPS Intake kit, its sold on amazon and sells for about 240 or so. I Ordered it and installed it, Nice loud turbo sound, intake does heat soak pretty good if your sitting in the parking lot when its 115 out like it has been last few days, I see intake air temps get to the 130's and 140's at stop lights, it comes back down to stock levels 110-115 (when its 110 Degrees out)

Install was a breeze, took maybe 20 minutes, you don't have to remove the wiper assembly like I see some people doing with other intakes. comes with a big K&N air filter and a little plate so its not blowing hot radiator air right onto the filter. Stock intake does work really well as far as intake temperatures go, but you can tell a noticeable butt-dyno improvement in response/power. It did come out of the box a little dented, but nothing a couple hammer hits couldn't fix. Also I noticed the Intake to turbo silicone coupler was way to big around the intake side, so much so that I couldn't use their supplied T-Bolt clamp. had to reuse one of the stock clamps. Oh well its not like its under a ton of pressure to really need a t bolt clamp anyway. Turbo is very loud now, which is what I like to hear.

Like I said available on Amazon with PRIME quick shipping, It did take extra couple days to process the order but they knocked of 40$ for me from the price because of it, so I ended up paying just 200 for it.

FistSt215

Anyone know where I can get this green clip to tighten the hose on to the injen intake . It won't click to tighten
Image1465842937.345967.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FistSt215

ordered. thanks. I never check ebay for car parts I prefer regular online stores or local shops.

Ill post some info when it arrives. hoping it makes some noise lol.
It will make some noise . Injen intake pretty loud . You definitely will hear the turbo spool and pssshhh from the diverter valve . It's not as loud as 2jr intake. I'm adding the CMbuildz cold air adapter to the injen as I'm tired of heat soaked in the summer . I also order a injen hydro shield for 19.79 so for 79 bucks I have a true cold air .

Well it arrived today. Pretty awesome since I only ordered it yesterday with free shipping. Install was easy, it was missing a nut, had to run to Home Depot for an M6 1.0. The sound is exactly what I wanted. I can hear the turbo whistle/bov with the window closed

Siestarider

I have been speculating how to best get cool air to turbo. 2J intake has major advantages over others because its fat, short, pulls air from outside top of engine compartment, and most importantly, resides in a known high pressure zone on the car at speed. My only problem with it is the noise, which excludes it from consideration by me.

I currently run the Mountune intake, but blocked off the lower hose opening when I learned by manometer testing that where the intake hose is located, behind fog light, is a low pressure area at speed. Besides I needed that particular space for CMB brake duct hose from modified front facia intake next to fog light.

I have only used my fogs once, fog is not common here is Fla. So have no special attachment to them, could probably get by with one on passenger side driving in fog.

My thinking is to remove driver's side fog light and plumb a 2.5" intake hose from there to bottom of Mountune intake. Gets me a high pressure intake location at speed, but its close to pavement so its not going to be the coolest air available. However, high pressure to intake may be more important than a couple degrees temp. I could then try blocking the stock intake point to see if intake air pressure makes a difference in performance.

Before I do it, anyone have any thoughts about air pressure at intake point? My testing suggests cowl is running +3" water at 80 mph, behind fog facia runs about -2" H2O, intake, exterior where fog light now is runs about +3 or 4" H2O at 80 mph. Could probably run this up a little higher with a splitter and air dam at nose rather than behind IC exhaust diffuser.

Yeah, I have been wanting to get back into aero experiments anyway, next is splitter and air dam at front of nose extending to within 2" of pavement. Holding off till I get suspension modified and car height set.

I ordered an Injen intake and it should be here on Friday, I'm pretty pumped about putting it on and seeing the affects of better airflow. BUT, I'm taking the car in to get transmission work done sometime next week (long story lol), should I go ahead and put it on when I get it or wait until after I get it serviced? Just in case they decide to say it messes with the warranty

Bluedrank

I ordered an Injen intake and it should be here on Friday, I'm pretty pumped about putting it on and seeing the affects of better airflow. BUT, I'm taking the car in to get transmission work done sometime next week (long story lol), should I go ahead and put it on when I get it or wait until after I get it serviced? Just in case they decide to say it messes with the warranty
It can't hurt to wait. You're always better off returning to stock whatever can be easily removed. Some dealerships are bitches, and pretend like they can void your warranty even though they can't for something like that. They can however refuse service.

iso100

1000 Post Club
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/injen-sp-series-cold-air-intake

Anyone ever ordered from this website? And I assume this is not CARB legal? Just bought a 2016 FiST on friday the 22nd, looking into simple and effective mods: intake and Cobb RMM are first on my list
Simple it is... but effective? No. Those Injen intakes will give you some BOV sounds but will ultimately reduce power due to sucking hot engine compartment air. Save your money and keep the factory system.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/injen-sp-series-cold-air-intake

Anyone ever ordered from this website? And I assume this is not CARB legal? Just bought a 2016 FiST on friday the 22nd, looking into simple and effective mods: intake and Cobb RMM are first on my list
You already going the wrong mod path. Get a Cobb AP, High Flow Drop in filter and RMM. In that order if not together. Your not gonna get performance from intake without tune.

Simple it is... but effective? No. Those Injen intakes will give you some BOV sounds but will ultimately reduce power due to sucking hot engine compartment air. Save your money and keep the factory system.
-iso100 Thanks for the advice - I'm wondering if a mishimoto or cobb intake is worth the $$? I would like some more turbo sound, and since I live in Sacramento it has been hitting almost 110 degrees daily - so I definitely do not want anything that will suck hot air..

You already going the wrong mod path. Get a Cobb AP, High Flow Drop in filter and RMM. In that order if not together. Your not gonna get performance from intake without tune.
stuntdoogie - So basically Cobb stage 1 power package is the way to go? Are any of those parts likely to give me warranty issues?

stuntdoogie - So basically Cobb stage 1 power package is the way to go? Are any of those parts likely to give me warranty issues?
Mountune will keep you under warranty. It's almost impossible to have turbo noise and increase power because all of the CAI come with closed boxes to keep cooler air from the engine's hot air. In all my reading you will see very little gains from an aftermarket intake.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I dont know not one person on these boards or on my FB meet boards that ever had a problem with a stage 1 or stage 3 tune. Ive had my ap installed after my 500 mi breakin January 2014 and havnt experienced any problems. I would also recommend getting an oil catch can installed if you plan to keep your car for a very long time.

I dont know not one person on these boards or on my FB meet boards that ever had a problem with a stage 1 or stage 3 tune. Ive had my ap installed after my 500 mi breakin January 2014 and havnt experienced any problems. I would also recommend getting an oil catch can installed if you plan to keep your car for a very long time.
Thanks for the info. I just joined the forum a couple days ago and have been trying to cover my bases with everything. I do plan on keeping the car for a very long time, and my modding process will most likely be slow.

What are the benefits of a catch can? And what brand (s) would you recommend?