Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

danbfree

2000 Post Club
So does the ST200 box...
hehe, but that's a different story, I agree for the airbox end, but it's the induction hose section that has the evap connector. You either buy a whole intake or you piece together, like when you use the ST200 air box. From there you still need to upgrade the induction hose and crossover, it's upgrading those 2 sections that show the actual gains. Going ST200 air box is mainly for sound and if you want a cold air hose intake off the bottom.

danbfree

2000 Post Club
Good call, I bet those would work great for you! I think you were spot-on about the induction/crossover being the main restriction in the stock intake - I recall reading about testing done that indicated that to be the case.

Also, sorry if I came off harshly. I'm gonna have to take the koozy defense on that one.
No, thanks for the quality feedback, love to see people break down their reasoning and I learned a lot from that! So it's either RAMAIR with OEM harness, Mishimoto or Mountune all in the $140 range to "do it right". I'll have to research the 2 different fix systems on the Mishimoto and Mountune and decide from there!

Dpro

1000 Post Club
Yeah, there is a Mishimoto induction kit for '16+ too, but they are $140-150 (after discount with Mountune) but there is the decent brand RAMAIR induction hose for less than $60 on eBay but without a "fix" for '16+ included. I just wish I knew if the Whoosh, Cobb or other fix out there in the $40-45 range would work, for sure, with no CEL's... it's just too weird to think I have to spend more on an adapter than the induction hose too, but I'm also the ultimate cheap skate, LOL. At least I research when it's OK to skimp or not, I'll step up in price if I HAVE to, to make sure it works too. So that why I'm actually considering just getting the Mishimoto or Mountune induction kit since I already have a crossover upgrade. Then, since I already have a drop in and cold air cut out in the shroud for factory snorkel, I can do what has gains now and maybe the airbox later for a bit more intake sound.
I have a Whoosh induction hose with the whoosh kit for sale both are new unused . People have had issues with the Mishimoto one. Mountune is pretty good on the its factory it works front. So its why I am most likely spending the extra cash to get theirs. I just want the basic underhood appearance to look unmessed with as possible, in the odd chance I wind up in Irvine and get some overzealous cop wanting to pop my hood and have a look.

Dpro

1000 Post Club
So does the ST200 box....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I think you got confused here.
The induction hose is where the evap lines connect. Which connects to the Airbox but is not a part of it . Some aftermarket intake kits include a changed induction hose setup but the ST200 box and the stock one do not.

I beleive the confusion stems from them thread title and tossing around the terminology in the aftermarket..

danbfree

2000 Post Club
I have a Whoosh induction hose with the whoosh kit for sale both are new unused . People have had issues with the Mishimoto one. Mountune is pretty good on the its factory it works front. So its why I am most likely spending the extra cash to get theirs. I just want the basic underhood appearance to look unmessed with as possible, in the odd chance I wind up in Irvine and get some overzealous cop wanting to pop my hood and have a look.
But aren't they all pretty close in appearance or your are saying the Mountune connectors make the difference in appearing stock?

I have a few intake questions I hope you guys can help me with. My '14 Fiesta ST is currently stage 3 running a loud AF Injen intake. I wrapped it with header wrap today, which helped quiet it down a lot but not enough for my taste. I have a Garrett 2860R I'm installing in the next few weeks, and I'm wondering if there's really any benefit to running the Injen versus the stock airbox? If the Injen doesn't really offer a power increase, then I want to go with a the stock airbox and maybe mod it. Will a '16/'17 Fiesta ST airbox setup work with my '14? There's a nice one on ebay for $130 shipped, which seems like a fair price. Will it fit without grief? Thanks

20190331_211149_resized.jpg

20190331_211152_resized.jpg

TyphoonFiST

4000 Post Club
I have a few intake questions I hope you guys can help me with. My '14 Fiesta ST is currently stage 3 running a loud AF Injen intake. I wrapped it with header wrap today, which helped quiet it down a lot but not enough for my taste. I have a Garrett 2860R I'm installing in the next few weeks, and I'm wondering if there's really any benefit to running the Injen versus the stock airbox? If the Injen doesn't really offer a power increase, then I want to go with a the stock airbox and maybe mod it. Will a '16/'17 Fiesta ST airbox setup work with my '14? There's a nice one on ebay for $130 shipped, which seems like a fair price. Will it fit without grief? Thanks

View attachment 20220

View attachment 20221
Just buy the ST200 box from Ron@whoosh and be done with it! [strongman]

Dpro

1000 Post Club
But aren't they all pretty close in appearance or your are saying the Mountune connectors make the difference in appearing stock?
Here is the deal, in California there is a chance that for whatever reason I need to go to a smg check or ref haivng a evap kit or a 14-15 evap line setup on my car while looking stock could cause a ref or smog tech to say the lines were not stock for my 18.

Now granted he could also point to the induction hose amd say its not stock but in the case of the Mountune the lines would at least hook up to it in a somewhat stock comfiguration. I shoudl add some Smog techs might even go since all the lines are there and no codes you are good because I also have a stock looking Airbox aka ST200.

Plus I do not have to buy 14-15 evap lines and install them. Which are roughly $70 at the cheapest amd someplaces $90.
So best option buy a Mountune 2018 hose and keep my stock one just in case less hassle overall.

I’m on the edge of buying the mounting induction hose for my 17, not having to run a t and extra lines is awesome. That’s always my biggest issue with intakes. I wish whoosh would cook up something similar.

Man I kind of miss my Injen. I went CPE Intake now and it performs a bit better (charge temps are a few degrees lower) but does not make as crazy noises as the Injen
It's the first mod I've ever made to a car (first car I've had worth modding) and I wanted to drive it everywhere yesterday. I love the wrinkle red too because it matches the ST badging.

ron@whoosh

Vendor
Premier Vendor
I’m on the edge of buying the mounting induction hose for my 17, not having to run a t and extra lines is awesome. That’s always my biggest issue with intakes. I wish whoosh would cook up something similar.
the Mountune billet check valve is slick but we will not be going that route since we offer the Ford conversion harness. I prefer the single line over the dual even with the billet part they offer. See pic on my 2018 Fiesta. It ends up being a little more money in total but its a choice like most things with modifications. One of the few if ONLY options of ours that costs more than Mountune haha
*EDIT: the Ford harness + our induction hose are $152 with the FIST5 discount vs the $159 at Mountune for their hose and billet part so it's very close in price actually

So I have read through a ton of this and am still unclear about what the best options are for newer cars with the evap line changes on the intake tube.

I have the ST 200 box, I want to work my way towards the turbo and upgrade the tubes and piping. I want to keep dealer/warrenty hassle to an absolute minimum. Any CEL's are not worth it to me. Not sure if these cars even have them but I dont want to deal with soft codes that log but dont trigger the light either.

If retrofitting to the older evap system avoids any and all lights and codes and is reversible reasonably easily for dealer shit the next couple years, I could go that route. If the Mountune check valve and generally correct newer OEM appearance provides the same code avoidance I guess I would rather go that way.

Overthinking the shit out of 2% more power for 10% more sound and a lighter wallet sure is fun though!

Hey guys.

I just wanted to put some information out there. My local Honda friend has a shop with $100 dyno pulls. I did some testing with an MRX turbo.

Stock intake and stock paper filter was good to about 260 wheel HP in th e summer on an uncorrected dynojet. We saw boost taper after 6000 RPM. During the winter (Louisiana), we saw about 280 wheel HP as the absolute OEM intake limit.

We replaced the OEM intake and paper filter with a CPE 3" intake and AEM Dryflow filter with a K&N Precharger filter wrap and gained 15-20 HP regardless of season. This out us around 275/300 Wheel HP, depending on weather.

However, most of these gains were above 4,500 RPM...we only saw like ~5 ft*lbs of peak torque down low. Spool improved by like ~100-ish RPM as well. Unfortunately, I forgot to test a Green filter we had with the stock intake. We only used the OEM paper filter.

Stock airbox seems sufficient for OEM turbo. I'd recommend people use Whoosh's crossover pipe and forget about spending hundreds on a CPE intake unless you already have an upgraded turbo. The OEM neck down in the crossover is a big restriction.