Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I've been having issues with the Cobb intake (had it in for nearly 4 years). The lid from Cobb over the factory airbox bows up and no longer sits flush, allowing debris in the box. I've never really been happy with with how the intake fit from the factory anyways, with the cone end not being secure enough to the airbox lid causing it to sorta flop around, so I've had to secure it on my own.

Cobb has a new model of the Fiesta ST intake that seems improved, but I may look into other brands, still.
Been pouring over the new Cobb intake install guide, and the guide is as crap as the reviews say it is. That said, I do like what I see of the actual intake. The mounting point on the hard pipe makes a lot more sense than what Mishimoto used on their intake (which I had on my '15, and spent a month trying to get the fitment to where it would stop rubbing on things). I'm planning on doing it on my '16, as the price now makes a lot more sense (a plastic intake for over $300, really Cobb?). It also happens to look like the best complete solution for '16+ MY owners.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a brand new Mountune high flow drop in filter still in the package for sale. Asking $40 plus shipping when it is $50 plus shipping straight from mountune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a brand new Mountune high flow drop in filter still in the package for sale. Asking $40 plus shipping when it is $50 plus shipping straight from mountune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Put this in the For sale thread and check out the Forum Rules for selling.....GLWS!

Been pouring over the new Cobb intake install guide, and the guide is as crap as the reviews say it is. That said, I do like what I see of the actual intake. The mounting point on the hard pipe makes a lot more sense than what Mishimoto used on their intake (which I had on my '15, and spent a month trying to get the fitment to where it would stop rubbing on things). I'm planning on doing it on my '16, as the price now makes a lot more sense (a plastic intake for over $300, really Cobb?). It also happens to look like the best complete solution for '16+ MY owners.
I installed the new version of the Cobb intake recently - I had zero issues with the install guide personally. The intake is a nice piece, but don’t expect much difference in sound. I agree it is the best complete solution for 16+, but without a significant difference in sound and the very marginal performance benefit, I probably wouldn’t buy it again.

I installed the new version of the Cobb intake recently - I had zero issues with the install guide personally. The intake is a nice piece, but don’t expect much difference in sound. I agree it is the best complete solution for 16+, but without a significant difference in sound and the very marginal performance benefit, I probably wouldn’t buy it again.
Interesting. I’m guessing this is because Cobb sticks with the lower half of the stock air box. As much as the Mishimoto intake annoyed me, it was worth it for how much it uncorked the blow off valve noise.

SPhilli911

I installed it maybe 3 months ago and didn't really have issues. It's a tight fit compared to the "old" version of the Cobb intake, though, and noticeably quieter. I felt like I really had to force the adapter thing in so the hood rod could fit. I am also lucky I did't get rid of the OEM intake system, as it reused parts that were not used on the old Cobb intake.

Steep price, but I suppose it looks nice and has some (small) performance benefit.

I installed it maybe 3 months ago and didn't really have issues. It's a tight fit compared to the "old" version of the Cobb intake, though, and noticeably quieter. I felt like I really had to force the adapter thing in so the hood rod could fit. I am also lucky I did't get rid of the OEM intake system, as it reused parts that were not used on the old Cobb intake.

Steep price, but I suppose it looks nice and has some (small) performance benefit.
It's actually one of the least expensive full intake solutions on the market if you have a 2016+. Good info, though. Misihimoto's is $360, but I may go back with them since I know the issues there, and I know it works with Cobb's stage 2 tune with zero issues. It also preserves the factory evap line location, which should mean less install work.

Last edited:
Anyone running the cpe intake? What are your thoughts ?
I’ll be running it shorty, just waiting for my evap harness to get here cause I bought a 15’ intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone wouldn’t happen to have some cpe intake instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Are all drop in air filters created equally, or are they pretty much the same? I have the K&N, but how do the Ramair, ITG, and Green filter compare?

Are all drop in air filters created equally, or are they pretty much the same? I have the K&N, but how do the Ramair, ITG, and Green filter compare?
I've run K&N filters on past cars, but just bought the Whoosh intake with the Ramair foam filter. Researching the differences between oiled gauze(KN style) and foam, foam seemed to make the most sense and provide better filtration.

For performance, I think they're all pretty similar and any will be less restrictive than the stock paper filter.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
K&N and Green are virtually identical. I like the new aFe Power filter -- similar construction to the aforementioned brands but same dimensions as stock (deeper) so more surface area.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I’m thinking about getting the ST200 box, whoosh crossover and induction hose or CPE intake, right now I’m leaning toward the ST200 setup
I have the MT215 (basically the same as the S200 box) and I think it's pretty good! All the cold air you'll ever need.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I like the ITG panel filter, (and will probably get one when I buy the ST200 box) but I would replace it with a Motorcraft factory filter when I work on the crazy, insanely dusty ARA rallies, since I don't trust the thin filters to catch all of that crap.

IF the aFe panel filter is one of their non-oiled, and washable deals, like I had for my Z28, I would buy that in a heartbeat! [:)]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I like the ITG panel filter, (and will probably get one when I buy the ST200 box) but I would replace it with a Motorcraft factory filter when I work on the crazy, insanely dusty ARA rallies, since I don't trust the thin filters to catch all of that crap.

IF the aFe panel filter is one of their non-oiled, and washable deals, like I had for my Z28, I would buy that in a heartbeat! [:)]
The initial release was the oiled version, but they added the dry version a few weeks ago: https://afepower.com/afe-power-31-10307-magnum-flow-pro-dry-s-air-filter

I have a 2016 st. I purchased a used 2014-2015 injen intake. (I didn’t realize they changed after 2016) Anyways I saw some old post about adapter kits for 2016 and up models but I don’t know if those are still around. What are you guys currently using to fit older cai on 2016 and up models?