Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I have a 2016 st. I purchased a used 2014-2015 injen intake. (I didn’t realize they changed after 2016) Anyways I saw some old post about adapter kits for 2016 and up models but I don’t know if those are still around. What are you guys currently using to fit older cai on 2016 and up models?
Order a 2014-2015 evap harness and it’ll work. Whoosh has them or you can get it from rock auto, Ford, wherever.

Order a 2014-2015 evap harness and it’ll work. Whoosh has them or you can get it from rock auto, Ford, wherever.
Dang I just checked and those are $160!
I found this Cobb adapter kit for $40. It’s made for their intakes but I figured I could make it work with mine. Any thoughts?

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Dang I just checked and those are $160!
I found this Cobb adapter kit for $40. It’s made for their intakes but I figured I could make it work with mine. Any thoughts?
I’ve never used one of those adapters so take this for what it’s worth - I’ve heaed those work great for some and others still get the check engine light. The full harness works perfect all the time as it’s an OEM solution.

I’ve never used one of those adapters so take this for what it’s worth - I’ve heaed those work great for some and others still get the check engine light. The full harness works perfect all the time as it’s an OEM solution.
Ok thanks for the info. I decided to try the Cobb kit. I’ll update this page on how it works

As far as the injen intake goes. Fitment was great. The sound is amazing! I have noticed my intake air temps have gone up when stopped. When moving it’s pretty close to stock temps. It does have a heat shield to help things alittle. I’m gonna add a big mouth snorkel to get some more cool air in there and a mountune intercooler. Well see how much that helps.

Update. I get a code once every other week or so. I put the big mouth snorkel on. It helped the intake temps alittle but still sucking hot air. I heard of somebody fitting the stock air box over the Injen intake. Anybody done any mods to help the injen with the intake temps?

Does anyone know the part # for a stock 2016 evap harness? Going back to stock and need a oem harness since I didn’t the 2015 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what size conical air filters will fit inside the stock airbox? I have the Cobb intake that's on the first page that uses the stock air box and I wanted to find a replacement that'll fit inside that box with the Cobb lid screwed on still. If you can provide dimensions or filter recommendations that'd be awesome. Thanks!

Anyone know what size conical air filters will fit inside the stock airbox? I have the Cobb intake that's on the first page that uses the stock air box and I wanted to find a replacement that'll fit inside that box with the Cobb lid screwed on still. If you can provide dimensions or filter recommendations that'd be awesome. Thanks!
To be more specific I meant filters I can find on Amazon if they exist. I did find this one AEM filter but I am unsure if it'll be too big to go into the factory box. Bought the wrong size on there and want to do an exchange.

I was wondering why the intake on my new-to-me car looked different from the cobb website...turns out I have the discontinued 702100 model. Is there any reason to/not to upgrade this to the currently available version? Sure I have other upgrades to do first, but I like tinkering and wondering where I should rank this on my to-do list. Ultimately aiming for a full bolt-on build.

Ok, someone tell me what intake is a complete unit, that has inlet to filter for 2016+ that I wont need any additional parts?

all that said, since i did the homework for this specific question i'll give it to you to see if others have any 2cents of their own:

Cobb Fiesta ST Intake System (everything starting from the upper housing of the filter box all the way to turbo inlet gets replaced. bottom stock filter housing stays in place. uses stock air inlet. filter box remains plastic. they have a carbon fiber alternative that is MUCH more expensive)

Mishimoto Fiesta ST Performance Air Intake (everything including the entire filter box all the way to the turbo inlet gets replaced. filter box is metal. also uses stock air inlet)

both systems are 2016+ compliant. be careful when looking though b/c i think at least the Mishimoto has a pre-2016 version floating around

esp_martin, my apologies for not doing more research than I did. I read over 40 pages of posts on intakes and am just looking for a plug and play without all the narrative. If it bothers you when people ask then don't reply! This is a FORUM. I do appreciate your supplied research.

I have looked at those two. Hoping to get the inlet with it.

@wcnST ha, my man. it doesn't bother me, which is why i replied and gave you the info i have found. i was just giving you a heads up. my unsolicited advice seems to have struck a nerve though.

and i agree, it's a forum. demanding people give you info is not how forums work.

I didnt intend to be crass in any way. Didn't want you irritated over something that shouldn't have effected you negatively.

I installed my whoosh v1 intake again and I liked the sound. I even had someone drive it and liked the way it sounded. The st200 air box I have is definitely quiet. I like the stealth look. But I want more noise, I like the v2 design and might get that one. I know I’ll be sacrificing some air temps Forsure

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Ok, someone tell me what intake is a complete unit, that has inlet to filter for 2016+ that I wont need any additional parts?
Keep in mind I have zero firsthand experience here but there seem to be mixed reports of how well the Cobb/Mishi/etc. adapters work on the 2016+ evap system. Some folks report flawless performance, others report they’re shit. As far as I’m aware, the Mountune induction hose is the only one that’s perfectly plug and play with 2016+ evap. which requires you purchase the intake, induction hose, and crossover all separately. That said it’s super easy to convert to a 2014-15 evap harness so you can run whatever intake you want with an OEM solution.