Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Related, but still kinda off topic, I recently learned that the Sno*Drift Rally in Michigan is one of the toughest rallys anywhere because Michigan doesn't allow metal studded tires on public roads, therefore the rally cars can't be fitted with them either.
That's also what made the old SCCA run, Maine Forest WINTER Rally so tough as well, as the 7 Islands company, on whose forestry roads it was held (and still is as the summer NEFR), did not allow metal in the tires if we were going to use their roads for the event. (I'm not sure about Maine/N.H. in general though. [dunno] )

Kind of strange, for if you've ever seen the fully loaded logging trucks which traverse those roads year 'round, the damage caused to those roads by 70 maximum rally cars on studded tires would be minimal by comparison. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Semi related question. How bad is my fiesta going to be driving on all seasons after a tune? I have them on their now and if anythomg its made the car more fun to drive but middle of this week ill be switching to cobb stage 2 and then a custom tune in a few months.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
It really depends on the actual all season, as some are 'sipier'/'treadier' as well as a harder compound than others, and some (like the 280 tread wear Neo Gens I am on currently) are stickier than others.

Either way, with a custom tune, unless they do a boost by gear thing, you will probably have to take it easier on launch, and in first and second gears. [wink]

It really depends on the actual all season, as some are 'sipier'/'treadier' as well as a harder compound than others, and some (like the 280 tread wear Neo Gens I am on currently) are stickier than others.

Either way, with a custom tune, unless they do a boost by gear thing, you will probably have to take it easier on launch, and in first and second gears. [wink]
I got Falken Ziex ZE960s

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Winter is coming. for some sooner than others. lets hear your thoughts on bang for buck rubber or best rubber, cost not a factor.
Just put my winters on last night! Nokian Hakkapelitta R2. They are great!
185/60 R15

Attachments

Now starts my second winter season with Pirelli Sottozero 3 (205/40R17):
- they are poor on dry and wet and even on ice
- they are excellent on snow
My wife drives 15" Conti Wintercontact TS 860:
- nothing special on dry - but frankly speaking I did not see a winter tire excellent on dry.
Usually they give more understeer to the car.
- excellent on wet
- good on snow
- nothing special on ice - of course.
A very good wet tire cannot be good on ice and vice versa.
That's where the demands go against each other.

Last edited:

joddabug

One set of Calibre Neo matt black, 15", Yokohama W Drive 902B tyres, 4 new TPMS valves inc fitting of that and delivery - £595 ( shade over 720USD) . Can't grumble at that. Means i can come back from holiday at the end of September and go straight to those and refurb the factory 17s and get them reshod with Michelin PS4 ready for the summer.

That is the 15" wheels and they fit nicely on my car. Happy with how it looks. Sits a bit high as it was just one wheel and i didn't bother to move it, trial fit only. Caliper clearance is absolutely fine.
What offset are these?

According to their site - 38. I have no idea haha. They fit and clear brakes. Beyond that I didn't care much as they're for winters only.

GeorgiaFiesta

Premium Account
Make the leap to snow tires today - might be slightly early but the temps overnight are getting down to the 20s (F) in Utah so I figured I'd go for it. Opted for 15" steelies and a set of Blizzak WS90s in 185/60/15. I've only driven a few miles but I already notice a much softer ride compared to the OEM 17s. Hopefully we get through winter safely! IMG_5327.jpg IMG_5325.jpg IMG_5326.jpg

Back on winters here too - it's way too warm but the roads are a state after all the rain - potholes etc and loose gravel everywhere. If i'm going to bang into ruts and road crud i'd rather do it to these. Figured since i had the car in the air to sort the brakes, it'd be a good time to do the swap.

The car is SO much more compliant on 15s. I don't miss whatever the alleged trade off in handling is. Off to find me a cheap set of ProRace1.2 / Dekagrams in 15" or 16" for next summer.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
brushed and repainted a set of steelies I got from @dhminer with XIces.

Question - what lug nuts do you all use with these? My tapered gorilla lugs seat poorly. Do others use mag lugs?
View attachment 52424 View attachment 52425
what'd you use to paint your steelies? mine have a bit of rust and could use a freshen up. figured i'd ask before hitting the youtubes.