Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Fiesta ST Ordered Thread

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
hopefully the next title will be Return of the Tire :). Glad things are heading in the right direction.

STooge

Hey guys, first off, I have done no research on this but, i did just get word from a family member that a train derailed in tulsa OK. coming from mexico. cars everywhere. So if anyone was expeting one, you may wanna do some looking into it. Word is that it was headed towards california, unsure though.

Just a friendly heads up.

Voltage

Hi everyone!

I ordered my Fiesta on November 14th, the dealer told me it would take 6-8 weeks.
They just called me yesterday and said it just shipped out (I assume they are all going by rail, but they said truck) and that it would arrive "sometime in January" with no specific ETA or anything.

Got it in Black with Recaros and no other options.

I am so excited it's not even funny, it will be my first brand new car!

My car history:
99' Toyota Corolla
99' Chevy Prizm
'01 BMW 330Ci
'02 Ford Focus ZTS Sedan
'01 Chevy Prizm (so reliable I had to get another)

Current cars are my daily driver, a beat up, 200,000+ mile 1997 Mazda Miata, and my project car, a 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5TS wagon that I just rebuilt the motor on from a blown headgasket, just need to finish up a few bits and I'll have that on the road shortly, but I'll most likely sell it. I also have an '07 Ninja 250R

I am doing a 2 year lease on the ST, I just wanted to have a new car I don't have to worry about at all that has a lot of cool options and tech. I rented a 2012 Escape ecoboost and a 2012 Focus and I absolutely loved the interiors/features and the way they drove. I think Ford is leagues ahead of most manufacturers in the under $30,000 (usd) segment right now.

I was considering either a Scion FRS, WRX, Focus ST, or BMW 320i sport - the FRS is totally gutless but handles well, the WRX is a big ugly boat with a terrible interior, the Focus is nice but a little to big/heavy for me, and the 320i is a bit too expensive for the level of performance, and I would basically be paying for the Luxury on that.

I went to go drive a Fiesta ST and signed the lease and ordered it on the spot, I instantly knew it was something special. Way, way more power than I expected and it handles like its on rails. Super practical and looks fairly nice.

First thing I'll do is throw some 15" steelies and snow tires on it, but once it warms up I plan to autocross and track the ST - most likely going to get a set of slicks and hawk pads, and possibly a tune, but not much more.

Part 6 - "they are not lost, we just don't know where they are". ( a verbatim statement made to me today by someone who works for a shipping company)

So Purolator has my tyres and rims. I ordered them on the 10th and they charged my card on the 11th - but surprise surprise they didn't actually ship until the 13th. So I have a tracking number and I am following them and on the 16th they clear the sorting depot in New Brunswick ( that is three provinces to the left of Newfoundland for those that are not Canadian). And I keep checking the website which shows the ETA at the dealer on the 19th. No updates. So I called last night and the person I spoke to there just made up stuff. After catching her out in three lies I just hung up - She had no idea what planet she was on let alone how to track a package. I cal this morning asking why there has been no movement for 3 days and are they going to be delivered today. She immediately starts a trace and has no idea where they are.My opinion is that it is kind of hard to lost 128lbs of rubber and steel all connected. So about 10 minutes later after getting a trace number I refresh the tracker and lo and behold there is a weather delay flag on the screen dated about 14 hours prior to my call. And it is at the same deport that they were at on the 16th. So I call back and the first answer was that about the weather delay. I told her it wasn't there when I called earlier and she assures me that it was as it was posted about 14 hours ago I must not be familiar with their website. I ask her if she would start a lost shipment trace if there was weather hold? Certainly not... So why did the person I spoke to 20 minutes prior start one? The key to dealing with morons is never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to.

So after much passing back and forth and asking about the missing 44 hours between updates when the package apparently did not move the bottom line is they do not know where the tyres and rims are. They are somewhere between Moncton New Brunswick and Corner Brook Newfoundland. If you Google that on a map that is covering a really big part of the country including a 90 mile ferry ride.

Now the ETA is "indeterminate". The fact that i have not killed someone today is a testament to my fear of gang showers.

The dealer is basically saying "we will make it right when you get here to pick up the car"

WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN 7 DAYS AGO YOU MORON IF YOU HAD DONE YOUR JOB.

There is still a lack of understanding on their behalf that I should not have been the one organizing this after the car arrived.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So all this time your car is just sitting at the dealer? It's amazing how incompetent this dealer is.

So after 116 days the car is in my driveway. I am preparing by email to Ford Customer Care on the fiasco but at this point I am just glad to have the car. So far it is a giggle - but I am desperate to get it on dry roads. We have have snow daily for about 2 weeks and it is just horrid out.

STooge

congrats Gerard. Hope you can enjoy now man. I know the snow is not fun for the most part but, as you said, at least you have it now.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So after 116 days the car is in my driveway. I am preparing by email to Ford Customer Care on the fiasco but at this point I am just glad to have the car. So far it is a giggle - but I am desperate to get it on dry roads. We have have snow daily for about 2 weeks and it is just horrid out.
Congrats Gerard, so what was the outcome of this fiasco?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Nice, congrats!

Today was the first day I could take the car out for a drive on dry(ish) roads. This is what I learned. If you accelerate hard you have to go from 2nd to 6th gear or the police will chase you. If you brake hard please make sure you tray table is in an upright position because things will move rapidly towards the front of the car. If you think about changing lanes or altering your line through a corner - you will. Even in less than optimal road conditions it will "lift throttle - oversteer". If you keep the engine around 3000 rpm and call for more speed, it happens NOW! This is a car I purchased without a test drive based on the reviews and after talking to people who had driven the European version. They did not get nearly close enough to just how quick this beast is... I cannot wait for real dry roads after putting the summer tyres on.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Today was the first day I could take the car out for a drive on dry(ish) roads. This is what I learned. If you accelerate hard you have to go from 2nd to 6th gear or the police will chase you. If you brake hard please make sure you tray table is in an upright position because things will move rapidly towards the front of the car. If you think about changing lanes or altering your line through a corner - you will. Even in less than optimal road conditions it will "lift throttle - oversteer". If you keep the engine around 3000 rpm and call for more speed, it happens NOW! This is a car I purchased without a test drive based on the reviews and after talking to people who had driven the European version. They did not get nearly close enough to just how quick this beast is... I cannot wait for real dry roads after putting the summer tyres on.
lol sounds about right. Got any pics yet?

Order placed yesterday (of course incentives got better today) for a PB Fist + Recaro's only. I am V from way back when at the start of FocalJet and this combo was everything I wanted my 01 ZX3 to be when I added coilovers and JRSC. The 6-8 week wait is on.

Order placed yesterday (of course incentives got better today) for a PB Fist + Recaro's only. I am V from way back when at the start of FocalJet and this combo was everything I wanted my 01 ZX3 to be when I added coilovers and JRSC. The 6-8 week wait is on.
Saw you on Vortex yesterday, congrats on the order and welcome to the forum!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and a nice choice ... Don't be worried if that 6 to 8 weeks becomes 10 to 12 as dealers seem to be optimistic at times :) Hoping yours gets here soon though ... :)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ya im driving around a blue salt block its too cold up here to even wash it for fear it would freeze doors and windows tight LOL

Thanks, hard to believe I have been on Vortex and Focaljet for almost 13+ years now. As for the wait, with snow on the ground I am ok, but once it gets nice out....is another story.
I had to drive mine today with the three inches we got. Was a bit scary on summer tires, good thing I grew up in MN and know how to drive in it. I just can't justify buying new tires for how little and non frequent the snow is.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard V and congrats on the order.

I had to drive mine today with the three inches we got. Was a bit scary on summer tires, good thing I grew up in MN and know how to drive in it. I just can't justify buying new tires for how little and non frequent the snow is.
This is quite dangerous. I suppose you don't wear seatbelts either? Summer performance tires are not designed for cold weather. Anything below 40 degrees they get brittle and the rubber doesn't adhere the same. I have seen someone driving a camaro with summer tires in cold weather where a tire just popped right off the rim while driving on the highway (This was in VA, on I-95). Luckily, she was able to quickly pull over and call for help. It was warmer than freezing, maybe 35 degrees outside.

If you care about your safety and don't want to damage your car, you should find a way to justify normal winter maintenance and saftey precautions.