Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Review; FiST vs FoST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Just tell'em you have nothing to compensate for... and we can whip it out and measure anytime he'd like.
And to make it even better have your Wife walk by and say that's right he has nothing to compensate for.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I remember when I first came here I made a post about my FiST vs my 500 Abarth and the reception wasn't like this, it was more interested. I think there's a strong undercurrent of sibling rivalry going on here.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It’s all in your approach...
:shrug: I have enough going on in real life that it's not worth the time to get tilted about an internet post. It just saddens me that someone pops in with a perspective slightly different than the norm for this forum and everyone decides to shit on him. Of *course* he got defensive, it's human nature. I didn't read any malice in the original post.

I had a chance to drive the FoST at the ST Octane Academy and I couldn’t get over how the shifter felt. It was mushy and it didn’t slide into gears the way the FiST felt. I haven’t missed a shift the year I’ve owned the FiST and I managed to miss a shift in the FoST. Speaking to a few of the guys there had the same issue as well. That shifter was also at a very awkward location.

I loved the way the FoST accelerated, even with the torque steer. The performance exhaust they had on sounded awesome as well. I feel that both handled well but the FiST was able to carry a lot more speed into a corner while the FoST accelerated out of it. Both very capable cars with their own positives and negatives. I chose the FiST because I already have a heavy car to deal with, so I wanted something nice and nimble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I built my car I would have cared about this thread more. It’s like going back to my old high school, so small and insignificant now. I’m going to go race a FoRS now

Dpro

6000 Post Club
:shrug: I have enough going on in real life that it's not worth the time to get tilted about an internet post. It just saddens me that someone pops in with a perspective slightly different than the norm for this forum and everyone decides to shit on him. Of *course* he got defensive, it's human nature. I didn't read any malice in the original post.
Personally I do not feel people where shitting on him. His initial post asked for opinions and opposing views with or without info on that.
The problem came about with his reaction to what was written. The fact that he could not accept drivers inputs and feelings towards the two cars unless they were two so called credited magazines.
Nothing else mattered to him and everything else was circumspect. He liked your post because you have always been a bit ambivalent towards the car as you loved your Abarth and the feel it gave. Thing is we understand you feeling that about the Abarth given what it is. That is why it was fine.
You did not come out saying hate to tell you guys but I have driven both cars and my car is superior. Lol Which is a total call to challenge. Ya I paraphrased but that is pretty much what he wrote.
You came out saying I liked my Abarth a little more than the FiST but I am going to give it a chance. We were all like cool the guy gets the FiST is a secretly awesome little car. Lol
It started with that and after not hearing what he liked till your post the condescending comment about your post being good like the rest was all just crap.
Ya I paraphrased but thats what he was saying which is a bit condescending to other posts.
Those things pretty much brought a lot of people out of the wood work. Add in to that after debate and even trying to be cordial he was into full attach mode because we did not agree.
Now like someone else above just said its all in the approach and he blew it royally IMO.
I was not going to post again but when I read yours I wanted to post this for the sake of clarity.
I really have nothing more to say as he will disagree. So I agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Personally I do not feel people where shitting on him. His initial post asked for opinions and opposing views with or without info on that.
The problem came about with his reaction to what was written. The fact that he could not accept drivers inputs and feelings towards the two cars unless the were two so called credited magazines.
Nothing else mattered to him and everything else was circumspect. He liked your post because you have always been a bit ambivalent towards the car as you loved your Abarth and the feel it gave. Thing is we understand you feeling that about the Abarth given what it is. That is why it was fine.
You did not come out saying hate to tell you guys but I have driven both cars and my car is superior. Lol Which is a total call to challenge. Ya I paraphrased but that is pretty much what he wrote.
You came out saying I liked my Abarth a little more than the FiST but I am going to give it a chance. We were all like cool the guy gets the FiST is a secretly awesome little car. Lol
It started with that and after not hearing what he liked till your post the condescending comment about your post being good like the rest was all just crap.
Ya I paraphrased but thats what he was saying which is a bit condescending to other posts.
Those things pretty much brought a lot of people out of the wood work. Add in to that after debate and even trying to be cordial he was into full attach mode because we did not agree.
Now like someone else above just said its all in the approach and he blew it royally IMO.
I was not going to post again but when I read yours I wanted to post this for the sake of clarity.
I really have nothing more to say as he will disagree. So I agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Heh true, I think mine was more "the abarth was way more fun but the FiST works properly" lol

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I got ripped at a family function last night for driving a Fiesta, and why would a self respecting man drive a bitch car? Of course Mr. Macho drives a 4cyl Colorado lol
I have a hard time explaining to people what I drive... as soon as they hear "Fiesta", they tune everything else out. For the most part, even car guys don't get it. It's a cultural thing, the U.S. is on a different wavelength. But I'm totally fine with it, I like being the weirdo 0_o

I have a hard time explaining to people what I drive... as soon as they hear "Fiesta", they tune everything else out. For the most part, even car guys don't get it. It's a cultural thing, the U.S. is on a different wavelength. But I'm totally fine with it, I like being the weirdo 0_o
I just quit uttering the word Fiesta. Now I say I drive a race car. “Oh really”? “Oh yeah”!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I just quit uttering the word Fiesta. Now I say I drive a race car. “Oh really”? “Oh yeah”!
When my buddies rib me for driving the FiST I just tell them it makes me giggle without sending me to jail ;)

It’s slow enough that you can go all-out without getting in too much trouble and small enough to move around in a single lane making it more fun to flog. I think if I drove a FoST the same way I drive the FiST I would either lose my license or be constantly cooking brakes. The pedal goes all the way down, so it’s a shame to not use it (in any car). I nearly lost my license doing a wheelstand in my grand national across an intersection, luckily the cop was a fan and the area was *empty*. Was a few years ago, now I’d probably get raided by the CARB folks.

Jerickson88

I always have to say "it's the fast one, you know I have to have the special one of everything"

They look at me like the car was a circumstantial purchase. That's partial, but I actually chose it. I didnt have a huge budget, not could I afford alot, and yes I needed a car, but I wanted that car, and i got it. It fit my need

I’ll reply to my own post for a third time because this one is important. Forget all other cars. Everyone here has a great platform to make a special car. Money issues may determine how long it takes but the FiST is waiting to become diabolical. We only live once as far as I know and we are lucky enough not only to live in the era of the MKVII ST, but also in the timeline of if this forum and vendors supporting our car. Greatness awaits us all and I’m having a hell of a time.

There is this fact, courtesy of "gemery", an avid autocrosser on focust.org:

"Well, there's a reason that the FiST is in HS (slowest autox class) and not GS (2nd slowest class) with the FoST. They both started out in GS, but the FiST was moved down after its first year. And it holds up if you look at national results... fastest FiST driver is always slower than the fastest FoST driver unless there are extenuating circumstances. Yes, there are courses & conditions which occasionally favor the FiST."

Again, there is no claim here which one is "better", just the situation in Autox.