Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So the majority say these would look on the crappy side?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It matters what YOU think, and what YOU like, as you're the one who has to live with the car, and walk up to it every day. [wink]

But IF you are asking for personal opinions, the polished (but NOT chrome!) will look OK to me on white, but I personally prefer black, or anthracite on a white car, with bronze a close third, followed by all of the offbeat 'funky' color choices out there.

That being said, I think those bright silver (I forgot what Rimstock calls the color?) Pro Race 1.2s on TDavis' Platinum white car look phenomenal! [thumb]

Last edited:

neeqness

1000 Post Club
So the majority say these would look on the crapy side?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm not the biggest fan of white cars, but if I had one, I'd definitely go with the black wheels (glossy or flat) and if you have a dark tint, it's a must in my book. They go quite well together. There's a semi-gloss tone (I forgot the name) out there too and you can always add some gloss to a flat black to make it semi or glossy, if you need to.

But then again (as M-Sport said), what really matters in this case is what YOU think...hope you don't regret your final decision.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I am looking into the Silver OZ Ultraleggeras in the stock 17x7" size in +42. Anyone have a these that would be willing to drop a couple photos? I just replaced the dead stock tires with 205/40/17 Firehawks. I would have Discount swap the tires over if I go this route and sell the black Rados.

Sean

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I am looking into the Silver OZ Ultraleggeras in the stock 17x7" size in +42. Anyone have a these that would be willing to drop a couple photos? I just replaced the dead stock tires with 205/40/17 Firehawks. I would have Discount swap the tires over if I go this route and sell the black Rados.

Sean
Tire Rack has an option where you can view wheels that they sell, including the silver OZ Ultraleggeras, on your vehicle. I think it only has one picture, but it's still useful if you can't get any pictures from people on here. Here's the link, just scroll down a bit and they show those wheels on an orange FiST-
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=

I like the Ultraleggeras on our cars, that's probably what I would get if I was getting wheels now since the TD Pro Race 1.2s have gotten so difficult to find.

Last edited:
Tire Rack has an option where you can view wheels that they sell, including the silver OZ Ultraleggeras, on your vehicle. I think it only has one picture, but it's still useful if you can't get any pictures from people on here. Here's the link, just scroll down a bit and they show those wheels on an orange FiST-
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=

I like the Ultraleggeras on our cars, that's probably what I would get if I was getting wheels now since the TD Pro Race 1.2s have gotten so difficult to find.
Oh I have used that tool many times. I am looking to see them on someones car in actual photos. I was looking into TD but you're right, they are very difficult to source.

Sean

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I was looking into TD but you're right, they are very difficult to source.
Sean
I think they are one of the best wheels for our car because you can choose your specs like offset within a range of options, and they also have the stock hub bore so you don't need hubcentric rings. When I got them they were easy to get because there was a really good vendor on here, but then Team Dynamics lost their US distributor. Just so you know, you can buy them directly from the factory in England as I described here-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/factory-direct-source-td-pro-race-1-2s.20121/
It took a few months because they did make them to spec, but then the shipping was ridiculously fast, four days from England to here.

At the risk of telling you something else you already know, you can see nice pictures of the Ultraleggeras on a European FiST on the OZ website in the car gallery if you select the Ford option.

Last edited:
View attachment 31355

This is Crystal's car, a member on here.

Looks great. Hopefully he or she can share more photos! Curious to see more photos with various views. Wish they offered them in 17x7.5" but they still look better than Rados!

Sean

I think they are one of the best wheels for our car because you can choose your specs like offset within a range of options, and they also have the stock hub bore so you don't need hubcentric rings. When I got them they were easy to get because there was a really good vendor on here, but then Team Dynamics lost their US distributor. Just so you know, you can buy them directly from the factory in England as I described here-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/factory-direct-source-td-pro-race-1-2s.20121/
It took a few months because they did make them to spec, but then the shipping was ridiculously fast, four days from England to here.

At the risk of telling you something else you already know, you can see nice pictures of the Ultraleggeras on a European FiST on the OZ website in the car gallery if you select the Ford option.
I spoke with Nolan over at Oakes or however you say it. He said they were several weeks out. I have seen the OZ's on some 3 door Euro cars but its just not the same scale as our cars. The one intriguing thing about the Pro Race 1.2's is how strong they are. What do the those 1.2's in 17x7.5" weigh in at?

Sean

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The one intriguing thing about the Pro Race 1.2's is how strong they are. What do the those 1.2's in 17x7.5" weigh in at Sean
From my research, the Pro Race 1.2s are quite strong. I spoke to someone at Oakos Automotive, the previous distributor, and he said they were very strong, that they had stood up to things that would have damaged other wheels. A center-lock version is or was used in the BTCC racing series, and the street Pro Race 1.2s have a TUV certification, which I think is a decently rigorous European testing and durability standard.
My 17 x 7s weigh 17.2 lb, which I believe is about a pound more than the Ultraleggeras in the same size. I'm not sure what the 17 x 7.5s weigh.
I'm curious, when you say the person at Oakos Automotive told you they were several weeks out, what did you mean? Were they by some chance becoming a Team Dynamics distributor again, or did that refer to something about the Ultraleggeras?

Last edited:
From my research, the Pro Race 1.2s are quite strong. I spoke to someone at Oakos Automotive, the previous distributor, and he said they were very strong, that they had stood up to things that would have damaged other wheels. A center-lock version is or was used in the BTCC racing series, and the street Pro Race 1.2s have a TUV certification, which I think is a decently rigorous European testing and durability standard.
My 17 x 7s weigh 17.2 lb, which I believe is about a pound more than the Ultraleggeras in the same size. I'm not sure what the 17 x 7.5s weigh.
I'm curious, when you say the person at Oakos Automotive told you they were several weeks out, what did you mean? Were they by some chance becoming a Team Dynamics distributor again, or did that refer to something about the Ultraleggeras?
Here is what Nolan emailed me:

Nolan <nolan@oakos.com>
Fri, May 8, 2:04 PM

to me

Hey Sean,

I believe we spoke on the phone this morning, but in case that wasn't you, here's the rundown:

The Team Dynamics facility in the U.K. is currently closed due to the virus until mid May.
Once they reopen we are looking at 2-6 week lead times on any size/color variant that is in stock.
Because they are shut down, I do not have an accurate stock sheet of what is currently available.

These wheels ship directly from the TD in the UK to you and carry a typical rate of about $200.00 for the set of 4.

If you are still interested I recommend checking back with me in a few weeks and I can advise you on what is in stock and ready to ship!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Here is what Nolan emailed me:

Nolan email]>
Fri, May 8, 2:04 PM

to me

Hey Sean,

I believe we spoke on the phone this morning, but in case that wasn't you, here's the rundown:

The Team Dynamics facility in the U.K. is currently closed due to the virus until mid May.
Once they reopen we are looking at 2-6 week lead times on any size/color variant that is in stock.
Because they are shut down, I do not have an accurate stock sheet of what is currently available.

These wheels ship directly from the TD in the UK to you and carry a typical rate of about $200.00 for the set of 4.

If you are still interested I recommend checking back with me in a few weeks and I can advise you on what is in stock and ready to ship!
Woah...$200 for a whole set?! Maybe I'm missing something here, but how much was the shipping estimate? I hope it wasn't more than the cost of the wheels.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

There is another dealer in the US for Team Dynamics. A small shop on the east coast called Phils Tire Service. You can find more info on Philstireservice.com. They quoted be about $850 to my door in California, but similarly to other shops, there is a wait for Team Dynamics to be back to full operations due to the pandemic.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Who the hell powder coats wheels for $170 a piece ?!?!? I got all my Wheels done for $320 ....crazy! Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Down here in NoVA, they want $175 for single color, but they "included bending minor dings..." That's how they maximize profit...up-sell w/o a choice. That's why I went to PA. Same service $75, two coat colors, $100.

Here's a list of pictures I've compiled from everyone that posted pictures of their wheels on the forum, please feel free to share any additional photos of your car.

Stock Rado Wheels

Stock Wheels Plastidip

Sport Edition SE-16 wheels

Sport Tuning T9 17x7.5 wheels & Dunlop Direzza D2s

Team Dynamics Monza R Black Alloy wheels

MSW Type 23 Wheels 15 inch

Black steel wheels

Rotiform 18" wheels

Loder1899 wheels

Sparco Assetto Gara Black wheels

ESM-004 17" wheels

ESM-002 17" wheels